ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome From Auburn! Making The Trip Down? AMA

I hope Penn St has a large contingent this weekend too. Its always fun to see other schools, their towns and traditions and parts of the country we dont get too see. And, its equally fun sharing ours with them.

auburn fans travel well. Primarily because our AD doesnt schedule many interesting and tradition rich opponents. When they do, we jump on it. I hate those neutral site games in big cities with domed stadiums, like when we played Oregon in Dallas in 2019. Id have much rather hd a home and home with them. Oregon would have been surprised at how many AU folks made that trip.
Thanks for all the info Shorts. It’s always great to get the inside info from opposing fans when visiting their town.

I’m not sure how big the PSU contingent will be. 2 subpar years can diminish the excitement for many. I know PSU’s allotment from Auburn sold out. I’m just not sure how many ‘extras’ there will be. ;)

Totally agree about the neutral site games. I just hate them. College football should always be home and home series IMO. It seemed college football trended away from big intersectional games over the years. Its great to see some of these games returning, (Texas vs Bama, PSU vs Auburn, Oklahoma vs Nebraska).

Penn State seems to go in spurts with OOC games. There will be a stretch of good games and then a stretch of less than stellar opponents. We have a new AD now so it’ll be interesting to see where the trend goes with him in charge.

Thanks for all the info Shorts. It’s always great to get the inside info from opposing fans when visiting their town.

I’m not sure how big the PSU contingent will be. 2 subpar years can diminish the excitement for many. I know PSU’s allotment from Auburn sold out. I’m just not sure how many ‘extras’ there will be. ;)

Totally agree about the neutral site games. I just hate them. College football should always be home and home series IMO. It seemed college football trended away from big intersectional games over the years. Its great to see some of these games returning, (Texas vs Bama, PSU vs Auburn, Oklahoma vs Nebraska).

Penn State seems to go in spurts with OOC games. There will be a stretch of good games and then a stretch of less than stellar opponents. We have a new AD now so it’ll be interesting to see where the trend goes with him in charge.
Well, we just fired our AD and will have an interim until a new one is found. So, tradition holding true, Auburn will always be its own worst enemy. It means, the good ol boy club has put their plan into action to bring in their choice. If im Harsin, I’d be looking for a realtor. Because, he wasnt their choice for a HC either. Step one- fire the President(the only one that could remove the AD) ✔️ . Step 2- hire a president that will play ball, ✔️ Step 3- fire the AD(the only one that can fire a coach)✔️ step 4- get at least an interim that will play ball✔️. Step 5????? Well, that aint good for Bryan Harsin….. except the payday he will get.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Well, we just fired our AD and will have an interim until a new one is found. So, tradition holding true, Auburn will always be its own worst enemy. It means, the good ol boy club has put their plan into action to bring in their choice. If im Harsin, I’d be looking for a realtor. Because, he wasnt their choice for a HC either. Step one- fire the President(the only one that could remove the AD) ✔️ . Step 2- hire a president that will play ball, ✔️ Step 3- fire the AD ✔️ step 4- get at least an interim that will play ball almost ✔️. Step 5????? Well, that aint good for Bryan Harsin….. except the payday he will get.
Sounds like Auburn and Penn State are similar in many ways. We have a good ol boy club that’s monopolized the Board of Trustees and university decisions for years. We have a new Prez and AD now but it’s too early to get a good feel on how they’ll run things. That said, it’s not a high bar to improve on the last Prez and AD. 😡

How is Harsin regarded by the Auburn fans? I don’t know much about him other than he did pretty well at Boise St. Clearly Auburn is a big step up but he’ll need some time to get his system and recruits in place. Do you think the AU admin will give him the time or go the Nebraska route of constant short leash hiring and firing? He’s only been there what 2 years or so? You think they’ll dump him already?

Reactions: SH0RTS
Mornin, Fellas! Big Auburn guy here. My wife and I made the trip up to Penn St last year and had a blast. It was my wife’s first trip to that part of the country(i lived in upstate NY a few years and Boston for a year), so we made a weeks trip out of it, and toured around Pennsylvania for a few days. We were taken in and made to feel at home at some tailgates in one of the field lots. So, if you’re making the trip down to Auburn this week, I’m here to give you a little info and answer any questions as best as I can.

Auburn is a decent sized university nestled in small town Alabama. Approximately 40 miles west of the Georgia border. It is in the central time zone. If flying in, Atlanta is only about an hour and a half drive down I-85 S. Birmingham is approximately the same drive time.

if you don't already have hotel reservations, you’re going to have to look outside Auburn. Start with Opelika(it borders Auburn city limits), Columbus, Ga(home of Ft Benning, US Army Infantry training center), Montgomery, Al(about 45 minute drive down I-85). Last year, we stayed in Williamsport, Pa.

It’s a 2:30cst kick off. And, there are really only a couple of main arteries into AU. You can access it off of I-85 or Hwy 280. So, if you try to slip into town a couple hours before kickickoff, you’re going to be pressed to get there in time. I recommend getting there in the morning hours.

Parking- there are a few lots you can park in. There are some on campus that require a pass. I recommend buying a parking pass from Stubhub or another ticket site. If you get to town early, all metered public parking spots on the streets are free on the weekends. You’ll find its not quite as spread out as it is at Penn St. the stadium is kind of located more centralized on campus than Beaver Stadium. Also, there will be a few places you can pay $20 to park, like the Methodist Church off of Gay St, one off of Magnolia near the old frat row, etc. its not a bad walk from the downtown area to the stadium. Everything is a relatively easy walk

Tailgating(my favorite part of gameday). I was kind of shocked last year that most of the tailgating occurred in the lots where we parked at Penn St. in Auburn, you’ll find most tailgating happens all over campus and not so much where you park. Spots are first come first serve. But, most folks get out there and reserve their spots the day before the game. Tailgate Guys has the areas around the stadium locked down with their paid white tent city(a source of aggravation for folks that have tailgated for years down there). Alcohol is allowed on campus, and if you walk by the right tailgate in your Penn St garb, you’re probably going to be welcomed to join by someone. We are not a hostile bunch. Our limited success doesn't lend itself to arrogance. So, you should be treated well. If you’re like me, and want to sneak a few minis into the game, get minis with plastic lids(like jim beam), as there are metal detectors into Jordan-Hare Stadium. The screening is pretty quick, and once you get in line to the stadium, it doesn’t take long.

if you want to see the Eagle circle the stadium, that happens 20 minutes before kickoff.

I’ll try and answer questions as best I can. Safe travels, have fun and War Damn Eagle!
Thanks, excellent info

Sounds like Auburn and Penn State are similar in many ways. We have a good ol boy club that’s monopolized the Board of Trustees and university decisions for years. We have a new Prez and AD now but it’s too early to get a good feel on how they’ll run things. That said, it’s not a high bar to improve on the last Prez and AD. 😡

How is Harsin regarded by the Auburn fans? I don’t know much about him other than he did pretty well at Boise St. Clearly Auburn is a big step up but he’ll need some time to get his system and recruits in place. Do you think the AU admin will give him the time or go the Nebraska route of constant short leash hiring and firing? He’s only been there what 2 years or so? You think they’ll dump him already?
I really want him to succeed. I like his demeanor and work ethic. I think the fan base is pretty split on him tbh. He hasnt been here long enough to have gotten a fair shake. But, recruiting in the deep south positioned halfway between tuscaloosa and athens is a difficult job. His first class hasnt signed yet. But, if the internet recruiting gurus are correct, it aint gonna be good. I want him to succeed and prove people wrong, but i dont see him coaching at AU anywhere near his contract. They’ve been sabotaging him and trying to get rid of him since the attempted coup in February. I dont expect that to change. I think their hangup is he isnt a fit culturally.

Reactions: psu00
I really want him to succeed. I like his demeanor and work ethic. I think the fan base is pretty split on him tbh. He hasnt been here long enough to have gotten a fair shake. But, recruiting in the deep south positioned halfway between tuscaloosa and athens is a difficult job. His first class hasnt signed yet. But, if the internet recruiting gurus are correct, it aint gonna be good. I want him to succeed and prove people wrong, but i dont see him coaching at AU anywhere near his contract. They’ve been sabotaging him and trying to get rid of him since the attempted coup in February. I dont expect that to change. I think their hangup is he isnt a fit culturally.
What was up with that February coup? I remember hearing rumors of an affair. It seemed like he was about to be fired and then suddenly it all went away.

What was up with that February coup? I remember hearing rumors of an affair. It seemed like he was about to be fired and then suddenly it all went away.
It wasnt an affair. That was another rumor started by those that wanted him gone. Thats the level that some at AU will go to sabotage you if they dont like you. They dont care if they destroy your family, as long as they get what they want. Some players that hit the portal that were disgruntled hurled some racial complaints and the AD and Admin were required to investigate. So, some other medlers saw it as an opportunity to start other unfounded rumors to put the nail in his coffin. Harsin called their bluff, said it was all bullshit(literally) current players rallied to his defense(called meetings with the BOT and the President) and the investigation was concluded and found him totally clear in all of it. But fellas, this is the South. If you dont fit in and play ball, they will be nipping your ankles like hyenas on a wounded zebra until you are gone.

A bunch of us during law school (from a variety of Northern schools) took a trip to NOLA for Mardi Gras. Stopped for the night at Auburn.

We were given good advice about where to go for drinks and were subsequently floored by the insane amount of hot girls just walking around everywhere. I had been in the South for a few years - and had attended a lot of “SEC bars” in DC for game days, so I was prepared, but my friends (from Cornell, Harvard, Yale, Michigan x2, Oregon/UDub) all soon admitted that perhaps their choice of undergrad was made too hastily - that they should have made a few fact-finding trips in SEC country.

Blondes with ponytails wearing baseball caps and tight jeans + Alabama accent = Heaven

damn-right-hell-yeah.gif

• Haha
Mornin, Fellas! Big Auburn guy here. My wife and I made the trip up to Penn St last year and had a blast. It was my wife’s first trip to that part of the country(i lived in upstate NY a few years and Boston for a year), so we made a weeks trip out of it, and toured around Pennsylvania for a few days. We were taken in and made to feel at home at some tailgates in one of the field lots. So, if you’re making the trip down to Auburn this week, I’m here to give you a little info and answer any questions as best as I can.

Auburn is a decent sized university nestled in small town Alabama. Approximately 40 miles west of the Georgia border. It is in the central time zone. If flying in, Atlanta is only about an hour and a half drive down I-85 S. Birmingham is approximately the same drive time.

if you don't already have hotel reservations, you’re going to have to look outside Auburn. Start with Opelika(it borders Auburn city limits), Columbus, Ga(home of Ft Benning, US Army Infantry training center), Montgomery, Al(about 45 minute drive down I-85). Last year, we stayed in Williamsport, Pa.

It’s a 2:30cst kick off. And, there are really only a couple of main arteries into AU. You can access it off of I-85 or Hwy 280. So, if you try to slip into town a couple hours before kickickoff, you’re going to be pressed to get there in time. I recommend getting there in the morning hours.

Parking- there are a few lots you can park in. There are some on campus that require a pass. I recommend buying a parking pass from Stubhub or another ticket site. If you get to town early, all metered public parking spots on the streets are free on the weekends. You’ll find its not quite as spread out as it is at Penn St. the stadium is kind of located more centralized on campus than Beaver Stadium. Also, there will be a few places you can pay $20 to park, like the Methodist Church off of Gay St, one off of Magnolia near the old frat row, etc. its not a bad walk from the downtown area to the stadium. Everything is a relatively easy walk

Tailgating(my favorite part of gameday). I was kind of shocked last year that most of the tailgating occurred in the lots where we parked at Penn St. in Auburn, you’ll find most tailgating happens all over campus and not so much where you park. Spots are first come first serve. But, most folks get out there and reserve their spots the day before the game. Tailgate Guys has the areas around the stadium locked down with their paid white tent city(a source of aggravation for folks that have tailgated for years down there). Alcohol is allowed on campus, and if you walk by the right tailgate in your Penn St garb, you’re probably going to be welcomed to join by someone. We are not a hostile bunch. Our limited success doesn't lend itself to arrogance. So, you should be treated well. If you’re like me, and want to sneak a few minis into the game, get minis with plastic lids(like jim beam), as there are metal detectors into Jordan-Hare Stadium. The screening is pretty quick, and once you get in line to the stadium, it doesn’t take long.

if you want to see the Eagle circle the stadium, that happens 20 minutes before kickoff.

I’ll try and answer questions as best I can. Safe travels, have fun and War Damn Eagle!

Damn good post!
Will chime in later.
Pappa 🐻 Bear

What is the play? PSU Polo or PSU jersey, I was told many people dress more formal for games and wear polos. I just want to experience the gameday feeling from a fans perspective down there so wondering how most people dress home fan wise.

What is the play? PSU Polo or PSU jersey, I was told many people dress more formal for games and wear polos. I just want to experience the gameday feeling from a fans perspective down there so wondering how most people dress home fan wise.
I gotta say, you gotta be yourself. No need to be uncomfortable. Personally, i(and most people I know) rock the polos and Peter Milar QZ-when it cools down a bit. You'll find the college girls dress up more, especially the sorority girls. We have sidewalk alums that wear jerseys. So, either way, you can be yourself

I gotta say, you gotta be yourself. No need to be uncomfortable. Personally, i(and most people I know) rock the polos and Peter Milar QZ-when it cools down a bit. You'll find the college girls dress up more, especially the sorority girls. We have sidewalk alums that wear jerseys. So, either way, you can be yourself

Oh I'm comfortable either way I was just curious!

We'll have a group of 8 in Auburn. I'm going with a PSU polo for Friday evening and a white 31 jersey for the game. Hope that makes the fashion police happy.

• Haha
Reactions: psu00 and SH0RTS
We'll have a group of 8 in Auburn. I'm going with a PSU polo for Friday evening and a white 31 jersey for the game. Hope that makes the fashion police happy.
Auburn folks dont care what you wear. You’ll see a wide range of attire. What you may experience is people seeing your Penn St attire and assuming you live in Pennsylvania, and they will tie you up for hours asking questions about Penn St and life in PA. But, they will feed you and give you all the bourbon and other libations you desire. You’ll be treated well. I cant say you wont encounter a lone drunk fratty boy and hear a rude comment. But, im willing to bet my retirement that you go home with a positive opinion of Auburn folks. The positive encounters will FAR outnumber the rude ones

Auburn folks dont care what you wear. You’ll see a wide range of attire. What you may experience is people seeing your Penn St attire and assuming you live in Pennsylvania, and they will tie you up for hours asking questions about Penn St and life in PA. But, they will feed you and give you all the bourbon and other libations you desire. You’ll be treated well. I cant say you wont encounter a lone drunk fratty boy and hear a rude comment. But, im willing to bet my retirement that you go home with a positive opinion of Auburn folks. The positive encounters will FAR outnumber the rude ones
Describing life in Pa won’t take hours......

• Haha
It wasnt an affair. That was another rumor started by those that wanted him gone. Thats the level that some at AU will go to sabotage you if they dont like you. They dont care if they destroy your family, as long as they get what they want. Some players that hit the portal that were disgruntled hurled some racial complaints and the AD and Admin were required to investigate. So, some other medlers saw it as an opportunity to start other unfounded rumors to put the nail in his coffin. Harsin called their bluff, said it was all bullshit(literally) current players rallied to his defense(called meetings with the BOT and the President) and the investigation was concluded and found him totally clear in all of it. But fellas, this is the South. If you dont fit in and play ball, they will be nipping your ankles like hyenas on a wounded zebra until you are gone.
Damn, they went after his family? That’s cold. 😳

…. But, im willing to bet my retirement that you go home with a positive opinion of Auburn folks. The positive encounters will FAR outnumber the rude ones
I have no doubt. That’s true of most places I think. We’ll, other than Pitt…..or Rutgers……or Iowa…. 😎

• Haha
I was kind of shocked last year that most of the tailgating occurred in the lots where we parked at Penn St.
I'm confused by this. If you don't tailgate where you park, how do you get all your stuff (coolers, grill, tables, etc.) to the tailgate? Seems like a lot of work. There's a reason it's called a tailgate.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm confused by this. If you don't tailgate where you park, how do you get all your stuff (coolers, grill, tables, etc.) to the tailgate? Seems like a lot of work. There's a reason it's called a tailgate.
Touché. But, down here, it’s become much more than a quick social gathering before the game. You will see multiple tow behind smokers rolled up to spots, smoking ribs, chicken, butts, etc. the ladies will have tables of sides cooked up. Coolers and coolers full of beer and a whiskey table. Ill share a few pics some of my tailgates

kc0Z6xg.jpg

mg9Giml.jpg

EudU38n.jpg

GBcFqVK.jpg

kt6Aes3.jpg

aVDl8iY.jpg

5JFJ0if.jpg

wiS0O9R.jpg

rVhhvvA.jpg

9GFtwDp.jpg

nweDL0v.jpg

You're right, it is a lot of work. We are usually setting up around 5 am. Start drinking beer and cooking early in the morning. A lot of folks put there stuff out the day before when there is vehicle access. Most park near where their tailgate is for easy unloading and some have pull behind carts and lots of helpers. You’ll see lots and lots of generators, televisions, satellite dishes, stereo systems, hanging lights, etc. we hire a live band for the UGA and bama games when they are in town.

Last edited:
Shorts, why are you over on The Bunker bragging about feeding these fine Penn St fans faulty information? I kid, I kid. SHORTS is a solid dude.

I'm a trucker (yea yea yea, flame away) and I must say, the State College area is one of my favorite areas in the US. I'm up there quite a bit. Beautiful area.

Good luck, drive safe if you're coming down, should be a good'n

Touché. But, down here, it’s become much more than a quick social gathering before the game. You will see multiple tow behind smokers rolled up to spots, smoking ribs, chicken, butts, etc. the ladies will have tables of sides cooked up. Coolers and coolers full of beer and a whiskey table. Ill share a few pics some of my tailgates

kc0Z6xg.jpg

mg9Giml.jpg

EudU38n.jpg

GBcFqVK.jpg

kt6Aes3.jpg

aVDl8iY.jpg

5JFJ0if.jpg

wiS0O9R.jpg

rVhhvvA.jpg

9GFtwDp.jpg

nweDL0v.jpg

You're right, it is a lot of work. We are usually setting up around 5 am. Start drinking beer and cooking early in the morning. A lot of folks put there stuff out the day before when there is vehicle access. Most park near where their tailgate is for easy unloading and some have pull behind carts and lots of helpers. You’ll see lots and lots of generators, televisions, satellite dishes, stereo systems, hanging lights, etc. we hire a live band for the UGA and bama games when they are in town.
I'm sure you noticed at PSU that tailgating isn't a "quick social gathering before the game either". Just as much prep and extravagance.

The setup at AU looks similar to Tuscaloosa (where I have "tailgated"). I did not like that kind of setup as it seemed to limit the space you had (perhaps different at AU) and it seemed like a giant pain to have to schlep stuff from your vehicle to whatever spot you ended up at on campus.

Anyway, thanks for all the intel and enjoy the weekend (except for the three hours of the game which I hope you find very, very disappointing..haha).

Shameless Bump. Just want any of you visiting Auburn today to have access to any of the info here in case anyone missed it.

But, yall need to WAKE UP!!! Its GAMEDAY!!!! The tailgate starts in 45 minutes. Have a great day.

Shameless Bump. Just want any of you visiting Auburn today to have access to any of the info here in case anyone missed it.

But, yall need to WAKE UP!!! Its GAMEDAY!!!! The tailgate starts in 45 minutes. Have a great day.
Are you at one of the tents by the stadium?

I have to say, I’ve been to several CFB games away from State College and the Gameday environment at Auburn has been one of the best. The fans were incredible. Welcoming. Friendly. The campus is beautiful. The tailgating is top notch. More to come in my post but for now, put Auburn on your bucket list.

I have to say, I’ve been to several CFB games away from State College and the Gameday environment at Auburn has been one of the best. The fans were incredible. Welcoming. Friendly. The campus is beautiful. The tailgating is top notch. More to come in my post but for now, put Auburn on your bucket list.
Took my daughter to visit Auburn last March. It blew every other college away. Gorgeous campus. People that went way out of their way to make aure our questions were answered. Plus, it is conservative. I am 95% sure she will be at Auburn next fall.

Sorry for the late bump. Just wanted to bend the knee and congratulate you guys on the win. It was impressive. Down here, with that loss and just one more, there’s certainty brewing that we’ll be hunting for a new coach soon.

anyway, we had a large group of PSU fans travel down in a large van and partied with us. It was a great day. Probably hosted 15-20 of you good folks. We were also able to give them a little treat as Clay Travis broadcast live from our tailgate and our beloved basketball coach, Bruce Pearl, joined us for close to an hour. Wish you guys a fulfilling rest of your season. Heres a few from Saturday

JSVDMno.jpg

fsOeQeK.jpg

ZuIZ5vL.jpg

lvuDfFU.jpg

ZBrRzzi.jpg

ehUoSfg.jpg

@SH0RTS is a first ballot Hall of Fame visiting poster in my book.

It’s fans like these - and I’ve run into a fair amount of SEC fans at sports bars and such living in the DC area and points south since grad school - that make me a secret SEC homer. Any of you guys who haven’t been to an SEC town for a game day are missing out - top notch hospitality and atmosphere.

I agree - much appreciated @SHORTS- the trip was great. Auburn has a fantastic atmosphere and traditions. The Auburn fans were very helpful, friendly and welcoming (the way I hope we would treat the opposition). Obviously the game went well, but it would have been a great experience even if it was a different outcome. Thanks!

Reactions: NedFromYork
Took my daughter to visit Auburn last March. It blew every other college away. Gorgeous campus. People that went way out of their way to make aure our questions were answered. Plus, it is conservative. I am 95% sure she will be at Auburn next fall.
Checking in with you. Where did your Daughter end up? Hope she is on the Plains and loves it as much as I did and my daughter as well. My kid graduated Auburn last may and is halfway through her first year of medical school. Man, how time flies! And the money as well.....

Checking in with you. Where did your Daughter end up? Hope she is on the Plains and loves it as much as I did and my daughter as well. My kid graduated Auburn last may and is halfway through her first year of medical school. Man, how time flies! And the money as well.....
Thanks for checking. My daughter is at Auburn and I don't think it is possible for a student to love a University more than my daughter loves Auburn. She lives in the Villages, Matthews Hall. Over Christmas break, she could not wait to get back on campus. Made it to two games last season. Really cool that the stadium is in the middle of campus. The one word I would use to describe Auburn is family. I've already got plans to go to the Oklahoma game this upcoming season.

Thanks for checking. My daughter is at Auburn and I don't think it is possible for a student to love a University more than my daughter loves Auburn. She lives in the Villages, Matthews Hall. Over Christmas break, she could not wait to get back on campus. Made it to two games last season. Really cool that the stadium is in the middle of campus. The one word I would use to describe Auburn is family. I've already got plans to go to the Oklahoma game this upcoming season.
That is so good to hear. Congrats! And, it is a safe place too. Thats important to us Dads. We will definitely have to meet. Our daughter stayed in the Villages her second year, rented a house with 3 other girls her last 2 years. Coincidentally, that season I made this post was the last year I donated and got season tickets. Finally had enough. But, we do just buy tickets for games we want to go to now, and we still have the condo in the heart of town. So we go down there when we want to now. The Okl game is going to be a must. My wife also got an extra job piled on her that will have us traveling to Pennsylvania a good bit from April through July. She is a Director of Medicine, head of the Hospitalist group at a hospital here in Birmingham. And, she is being made a national director responsible for staffing, contracts and training Doctors at new hospitals they bring on. So, we will be in Wilkes-Barre and Scranton a good bit. Im retired and will be traveling along. We may even get a 5th Wheel camper and make a thing of it and take our time seeing, experiencing and living different parts of the country.

I'll try to remember this thread next season and reach out if yall want to do dinner or hang out.

That is so good to hear. Congrats! And, it is a safe place too. Thats important to us Dads. We will definitely have to meet. Our daughter stayed in the Villages her second year, rented a house with 3 other girls her last 2 years. Coincidentally, that season I made this post was the last year I donated and got season tickets. Finally had enough. But, we do just buy tickets for games we want to go to now, and we still have the condo in the heart of town. So we go down there when we want to now. The Okl game is going to be a must. My wife also got an extra job piled on her that will have us traveling to Pennsylvania a good bit from April through July. She is a Director of Medicine, head of the Hospitalist group at a hospital here in Birmingham. And, she is being made a national director responsible for staffing, contracts and training Doctors at new hospitals they bring on. So, we will be in Wilkes-Barre and Scranton a good bit. Im retired and will be traveling along. We may even get a 5th Wheel camper and make a thing of it and take our time seeing, experiencing and living different parts of the country.

I'll try to remember this thread next season and reach out if yall want to do dinner or hang out.

Let us know when you’re in Pennsylvania and we can give you some places to see/ visit on your free time. This board has local info from across the state- everything from favorite fishing spots to best local restaurants, etc. Just ask and people will jump in with their recommendations.

Let us know when you’re in Pennsylvania and we can give you some places to see/ visit on your free time. This board has local info from across the state- everything from favorite fishing spots to best local restaurants, etc. Just ask and people will jump in with their recommendations.
I appreciate that! I very well may be bringing the rods with me. I can only stare at a computer in a hotel room or camper trailer for so long before I go insane. Id also like to shoot up I-81 a few hours and show my wife Ft Drum, NY where I lived as a young man. And, by God, Im glad this is in April to July and not January and February! I know its not close, but its closer than Ive been in a couple decades.

• Haha
Reactions: psu00
I appreciate that! I very well may be bringing the rods with me. I can only stare at a computer in a hotel room or camper trailer for so long before I go insane. Id also like to shoot up I-81 a few hours and show my wife Ft Drum, NY where I lived as a young man. And, by God, Im glad this is in April to July and not January and February! I know its not close, but its closer than Ive been in a couple decades.
You will love the Povonos and central Pa. Lots of state parks, state forests, and native trout. Elk deer black bear and more.

While you’re this far north a weekend in the New York Finger Lakes and another to the Adirondacks are a must.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT