ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Boone

Would you want to know of Mr Desanto’s condition, say...if your daughter was the girl he supposedly threatened to kill?
I believe that would put the father of the woman in question in the so called “need to know” category. Far different category than message board speculation. But let me be clear, I don’t believe Desanto deserves a free pass for any wrong doing, but random speculation rarely leads to a positive outcome.

Reactions: PASLP2
I know Joe Lee won’t make excuses so I will for him. This was a weird year with off season practice restrictions , he hurt the knee, struggled late and lost some confidence. I’d be willing to bet with our staff he regains form I saw during redshirt year , kid has 4 years of eligibility left, I’d rather see him develop than bring in a national champ, call me crazy but I like to see development and coaching . It’s much more gratifying than the portal, plus he’s a Lee. Gotta imagine seeing his brother do it won’t exactly hurt his drive to get better. People on here are talking like 165 gonna be this hole forever just cause we won’t return a national champ or AA next year , f**k this way of thinking and whatever kind of fan that is anyways.

I know Joe Lee won’t make excuses so I will for him. This was a weird year with off season practice restrictions , he hurt the knee, struggled late and lost some confidence. I’d be willing to bet with our staff he regains form I saw during redshirt year , kid has 4 years of eligibility left, I’d rather see him develop than bring in a national champ, call me crazy but I like to see development and coaching . It’s much more gratifying than the portal, plus he’s a Lee. Gotta imagine seeing his brother do it won’t exactly hurt his drive to get better. People on here are talking like 165 gonna be this hole forever just cause we won’t return a national champ or AA next year , f**k this way of thinking and whatever kind of fan that is anyways.
Truth.

Joe Lee is going to be just fine. He looked like he had some injuries plaguing him late.

Almost the same goes for Bearclaw. He had a couple close losses to really good guys and all of a sudden he goes under the radar. He showed he’s tough on top. Beau Bartlett had close losses and no one is doubting him.

I agree.

Although you got a little emotional at the end!☺️

I believe that would put the father of the woman in question in the so called “need to know” category. Far different category than message board speculation. But let me be clear, I don’t believe Desanto deserves a free pass for any wrong doing, but random speculation rarely leads to a positive outcome.

Its a "message board". Its whole purpose is for speculation and discussion.

Interesting. Since you seem to be close to this one, did whatever condition cited for the exemption suggest he had a higher risk if he had caught it as well?
Could be he has inside information? Lowell is know as the Red Arrows. Goes along with his name?

Reactions: Fink
Matt will definitely be in the mix at 157. Not predicting he’ll win the spot, but he’ll be right there. Not mentioning him when discussing possible candidates is ridiculous.
Let's be a little more charitable and call it an oversight.

And frankly, an understandable one. Matt is not from PA, so most didn't follow him as closely. He was not a top 10 national recruit. He did not wrestle at all for PSU last year in the free year. He did wrestle some opens in 2020, decent results but not much to stick in anyone's mind 1.5 yrs later. He wrestled in one NLWC event, winning a close match over an NC State true freshman backup (who most here also weren't familiar with).

So unless people went to the roster before commenting, he might not have readily came to mind.

That said, I agree that he will be in the mix, and if he doesn't win it, he'll be a 1A or 1B type option.

Reactions: jtothemfp
I did not post personal insight on Boone's situation in order to spark debate or controversy. I posted it because I already KNEW there would be speculation as to WHY a kid who worked his entire life to be at the pinnacle of many wrestler's dreams would, in his right mind, transfer away from that dream. I will not divulge personal medical information, however I can confirm that his personal medical information was ignored and shoved aside ALL YEAR LONG by the University (medical, AD's and Admins) and they refused to allow him to be cleared for participation in his classes, dining halls, study halls, as well as with his team due to his medical inability to wear a facial covering. This was despite offers to test for COVID daily or even twice a day. Even though the rest of the team was allowed to test daily while in-season and practice and compete without facial coverings and walk around with them below their nose and chin rampantly. Austin followed the protocol and has paid the price for it. Coach did his very best to accommodate... the University said NO. I'd love to see a visually handicapped person's disability poo-poo'd the way Austin's was. Not every disability is visible to the eye. Austin was cleared to participate in sports, with his disability, and without a facial covering, 4 times by 4 independent physicians this past year. But not PSU's physicians so I guess it doesn't count. Very sad situation.

I did not post personal insight on Boone's situation in order to spark debate or controversy. I posted it because I already KNEW there would be speculation as to WHY a kid who worked his entire life to be at the pinnacle of many wrestler's dreams would, in his right mind, transfer away from that dream. I will not divulge personal medical information, however I can confirm that his personal medical information was ignored and shoved aside ALL YEAR LONG by the University (medical, AD's and Admins) and they refused to allow him to be cleared for participation in his classes, dining halls, study halls, as well as with his team due to his medical inability to wear a facial covering. This was despite offers to test for COVID daily or even twice a day. Even though the rest of the team was allowed to test daily while in-season and practice and compete without facial coverings and walk around with them below their nose and chin rampantly. Austin followed the protocol and has paid the price for it. Coach did his very best to accommodate... the University said NO. I'd love to see a visually handicapped person's disability poo-poo'd the way Austin's was. Not every disability is visible to the eye. Austin was cleared to participate in sports, with his disability, and without a facial covering, 4 times by 4 independent physicians this past year. But not PSU's physicians so I guess it doesn't count. Very sad situation.
Physicians are like lawyers, you can always find one to support your position no matter what it is. I am not taking sides here, I would probably defer to Boone.

Remember Reggie Lewis of the Celtics, he found a doctor who said it was okay to play basketball with his heart condition. Didn't work out so well.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
I think this thread has run its course. Even though there are various "sources" that have intimate knowledge of the situation, we have no idea what their personal bias toward the issue may be.
We can talk wrestling here. We can even talk injuries and speculate about the severity or timeline for recuperation. But I think when we are talking about the families and loved ones of student athletes, we are crossing the line.
At this point, it is what it is. An athlete has entered the transfer portal. That doesn't even mean he is 100% transferring. If he does, best of luck to him. If he reconsiders, then we welcome him back. Either way, let's show the Boone's that PSU fans have class.

I think this thread has run its course. Even though there are various "sources" that have intimate knowledge of the situation, we have no idea what their personal bias toward the issue may be.
We can talk wrestling here. We can even talk injuries and speculate about the severity or timeline for recuperation. But I think when we are talking about the families and loved ones of student athletes, we are crossing the line.
At this point, it is what it is. An athlete has entered the transfer portal. That doesn't even mean he is 100% transferring. If he does, best of luck to him. If he reconsiders, then we welcome him back. Either way, let's show the Boone's that PSU fans have class.

Agreed. Hopefully, the moderators will lock this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: jack66
It was tough watching Joe wrestle this year, especially after watching him compete during his RS. I certainly agree with your post and wish him the best moving forward! I want to see him develop and turn the corner in PSU’s room!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT