ADVERTISEMENT

Are you going to Pitt this year? Did you two years ago?

Penn State VS Pitt 2018 I am....

• going, bought or planning to get tickets in the secondary market

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • going, got tickets or hoping to get tickets

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • going, purchased Pitt season tickets

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • No way... I'd rather

Votes: 66 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NittanyLion15

Aug 17, 2001
Laporte, PA
www.youtube.com
I keep going back and forth... 2016 was a good time, but only because of the people I went with. The Ped State shit got old quick... The tailgating in the heat, on concrete did too... I can't imagine how sloppy things would have gotten had it been a later game. I don't think i've ever seen a drunker trashier swathe of sports fans in my life. It felt like going to a Skins game at Fedex. Just the trashiest gathering of people you could imagine.

One specific incident, I'll never forget happened while waiting for a porto. This guy was clapping off beat, and yelling f&*k State Penn, over and over again.. stumbling around like an idiot. finally, someone out of nowhere blindsides the guy, knocking him down face first into the concrete. Everyone laughed and cheered, then right as the dude got back up to his feet, the guy who knocked him over, slipped into one of the portos that opened up just at the right time.

The guy gets back to his fit, all dirty and stumbling... "Who the hell was it" just babbling like crazy person. Finally, as it was his turn to go in... legit like 20 seconds from it being his turn... he pissed himself right there in front of everyone... and just walked away acting like nothing happened.

As I walked the mile back to the tailgate I remember thinking, ahhh ha... so this is why we don't play Pitt anymore. I finally get it..

May have just answered my own question.

So, did you do your civic duty and report the person who assaulted him to the police?

Or just laughed it off because he hurt your feelings?

Not sure many Penn State fans will be attending this time. Not as many as last.

LdN

I keep going back and forth... 2016 was a good time, but only because of the people I went with. The Ped State shit got old quick... The tailgating in the heat, on concrete did too... I can't imagine how sloppy things would have gotten had it been a later game. I don't think i've ever seen a drunker trashier swathe of sports fans in my life. It felt like going to a Skins game at Fedex. Just the trashiest gathering of people you could imagine.

One specific incident, I'll never forget happened while waiting for a porto. This guy was clapping off beat, and yelling f&*k State Penn, over and over again.. stumbling around like an idiot. finally, someone out of nowhere blindsides the guy, knocking him down face first into the concrete. Everyone laughed and cheered, then right as the dude got back up to his feet, the guy who knocked him over, slipped into one of the portos that opened up just at the right time.

The guy gets back to his fit, all dirty and stumbling... "Who the hell was it" just babbling like crazy person. Finally, as it was his turn to go in... legit like 20 seconds from it being his turn... he pissed himself right there in front of everyone... and just walked away acting like nothing happened.

As I walked the mile back to the tailgate I remember thinking, ahhh ha... so this is why we don't play Pitt anymore. I finally get it..

no. rather watch paint dry.

I went to Pitt vs. PSU at Beaver Stadium last year, and to every Pitt fan I was polite, complimentary, and outwardly friendly. For the most part it was returned, although a few were genuinely surprised and didn't know how to respond. There were a couple of groups of Pitt fans with their nasty shirts on, doing their nasty chants, drunk and clearly spoiling for a fight. I avoided them. The majority, though, were decent people and most were realistic about their team's chances.

In their house, I would not expect the same, and it only takes one person who will not accept any outcome but conflict to ruin the day. With the 8pm start and many people walking around well lubricated, the chances of having something bad happen far outweigh any benefit of seeing the game in person. Why subject myself to that? Not to mention that the whole "season ticket package" crap they pull is so offensive to me in principle.

I'm going to watch Franklin hang 50 on Pitt on a nice big screen with some good friends.

My wife and I went in 2016, and we will go again this year. She’s from Pittsburgh, so it’s a chance to see our boys put on an ASS. BEATING. :eek: and for her to see friends and the old stomping grounds. We will buy tickets on the secondary market, as we did two years ago. A side benefit is that the pitt athletic supporters will give me the necessary reminder all day long that I should hate me.

Reactions: PSUPride1
I'm definitely going with several friends, some of who are huge Pitt fans.
Like road games at Iowa, OSU, and Michigan, somebody is gonna say something stupid to you. Ignore it and enjoy the other 99.9% of the people that are there to support their team and enjoy a great day of tailgating and football. Night game with Pitt will be memorable.

Absolutely not. I remember when this series was scheduled I was excited to attend a PSU away game. I grew up right outside of Pittsburgh and looked forward to the opportunity to visit family and attend the game.

As the year passed and we drew closer to the game in 2016 I realized the last thing I wanted to do was to put myself in the middle of a bunch of ****ing Yinzers wearing Penn State gear.

I'm definitely going with several friends, some of who are huge Pitt fans.
Like road games at Iowa, OSU, and Michigan, somebody is gonna say something stupid to you. Ignore it and enjoy the other 99.9% of the people that are there to support their team and enjoy a great day of tailgating and football. Night game with Pitt will be memorable.

Thanks dad.

I’m following the trend of the youth. I’m one and done! My wife is a Pitt alum I had at least 35 people at are tailgate and 32 of them are Pitt Alum or fans. I honestly had a blast with them. Even with me having to bring all the beer and food. Since they just got Uber’s from the city. But once I stared walking to the stadium Game Over!! I couldn’t imagine being around that fan base with that much more time to consume alcohol.

Wanted to go on a bus trip with our local alumni chapter. Pitt was requiring the club to buy season ticket packages to get the tickets so the club is now going to Rutgers.

Went last time, personally had no issues. Drunk dude in the bathroom was yelling about "You guys love the bathrooms, bunch of child molesters." Someone turned around and said something to him. No idea why you'd engage with a moron like that.

Other than that, had a great time. Fans around me were pretty good natured and nothing worse than you'd see from some PSU fans with visiting fans from OSU.

Bought season tickets to go again this year.

Went last time, personally had no issues. Drunk dude in the bathroom was yelling about "You guys love the bathrooms, bunch of child molesters." Someone turned around and said something to him. No idea why you'd engage with a moron like that.

Other than that, had a great time. Fans around me were pretty good natured and nothing worse than you'd see from some PSU fans with visiting fans from OSU.

Bought season tickets to go again this year.
I also bought 2 season tickets, just for our game. Only cost a total of $395. Biggest pain in 2016 was it was 85 degrees, and they sell beer in all sections. Had seats on the aisle, and all game long there was a constant flow of people, going up and down the steps, to buy beer. Had to keep looking around the people to see the field. Don't care what it's like this year, beating Pitt at Heinz for the last time we will play there, for the foreseeable future, will be worth it.

I went in 2016. I had brand new high end SUV that looked new at the time (still does..). PSU tags with a NLC magnet on it. As I left the game, I get a an automated text message stating my vehicle alarm was activated, magnet stolen, "PSU sucks" written in the dust on the windows. I have tried to set the alarm off myself (it's not sensitive), couldn't do it. I have no idea what they did to set it off...

A 55+ year old man takes a Joe Paterno life size cardboard cutout out of his trunk and puts a "Joe Knew" shirt (in Pitt colors and font) on the cutout right across from where I was parked.

Pittsburg is run down and dreary. Nice people there, so I feel bad for saying it. Seems more like the mid-west to me. Not doing that driving car unless I have to.

Reactions: ssn774
I went in 2016. I had brand new high end SUV that looked new at the time (still does..). PSU tags with a NLC magnet on it. As I left the game, I get a an automated text message stating my vehicle alarm was activated, magnet stolen, "PSU sucks" written in the dust on the windows. I have tried to set the alarm off myself (it's not sensitive), couldn't do it. I have no idea what they did to set it off...

A 55+ year old man takes a Joe Paterno life size cardboard cutout out of his trunk and puts a "Joe Knew" shirt (in Pitt colors and font) on the cutout right across from where I was parked.

Sounds about right.

It's this...

psu-tailgate1.jpg

032.jpg

VS that.

Reactions: Cody_M_PSU

All over one drunk guy at a college football game? Get it now. Thanks I’ll stay away.

Pittsburg is run down and dreary. Nice people there, so I feel bad for saying it. Seems more like the mid-west to me. Not doing that driving car unless I have to.
You can't even spell Pittsburgh. From your comment, you know nothing about The Burgh either.

Pittsburgh is more Midwest than east coast so are Reading Harrisburg etc.
Pittsburgh is not run down but quite vibrant the combination of medical facilities and colleges is decreasing the age of the population. Downtown living is a more recent addition to a mix of restaurants and cultural venues.

I hosted my sPITTer brother-in-law, his son and the son’s girl friend (she’s a PSU fan) last year and I was proud of how civil and welcoming our fans were to Dean and Tyler. I’m hoping Dean reciprocates this year and invites me to Heinz Field on September 8th. If the PANTURDS are as unfriendly toward me as some in this thread have shared you experienced, I’ll let Dean know on no uncertain terms the defining difference between the two fan bases and why we have no appetite to continue subjecting ourselves to such crewdness when Penn State has nothing, absolutely nothing to gain by playing them.

Buddy you’ve literally never been to Pittsburgh LOL. Delete your post because you come off as really really dumb and immature.

Reactions: Chaos and WDLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT