ADVERTISEMENT

What recruit are you most excited for?

Who are you most excited about?

• Total voters

RB-Old

Jan 22, 2020
Since the 2024 title seems to already be decided I thought it would be fun to look forward to next year and beyond. There are obviously some big names coming in so who are you most hyped about? Is there another 3-4 timer in coming in 24-25? Is there anybody that you're positive will be a top four AA as a true freshman?

For me the guy I'm most excited about is Ryder, he looks like he's going to be a beast but I think he'll take a redshirt with Barr and Mirasola manning 184-197 next season. I could see him winning three titles though. As far as a true freshman being at or near the top of the podium I think LL could probably make it at 125 as a HS senior so I'll go with him.

Excited for all of them and probably most impressed right now with Connor Mirasola having recently beaten the likes of Max Dean and Evan Wick. He was even up on Mark Hall at the break at senior nationals.

Since the 2024 title seems to already be decided I thought it would be fun to look forward to next year and beyond. There are obviously some big names coming in so who are you most hyped about? Is there another 3-4 timer in coming in 24-25? Is there anybody that you're positive will be a top four AA as a true freshman?

For me the guy I'm most excited about is Ryder, he looks like he's going to be a beast but I think he'll take a redshirt with Barr and Mirasola manning 184-197 next season. I could see him winning three titles though. As far as a true freshman being at or near the top of the podium I think LL could probably make it at 125 as a HS senior so I'll go with him.
I'm right there with you. From the moment he signed I have been excited to see what he has to offer. He spends most of his time off the radar. I think some other fans will be saying for ****s sake does this ever end lol

I’m excited to see how the battles for the starting lineup goes.

I've seen almost all of these guys in one tournament or another this year, but haven't seen Ryder at all. Has he competed recently, is he grey-shirting, or what is he doing this year?

Reactions: FatWoodchuck
There needs to be an "all of the above" option.
This^^. What's most exciting is the overall breadth of talent; i.e., the quantity of the quality.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Lilledahl. He looks to have a very high floor, and also looks college ready right now. A close second would be Duke, followed by Ryder and Connor Mirasola, who not long ago beat Max Dean in freestyle.

The most intriguing might be Cunningham, who is not as highly ranked as the others, but seems to be jumping levels as a high school junior.

Well, with Davis seemlingly breaking the curse with each trip to the mat, I passed on Luke being the most logical choice, jumped over Ryder who is going to be fantastic, and settled on Duke. All three are going to be incredible with no disrespect intended for all of the other hammers on the list. This is one of those polls that might prove fairer allowing for a top 3 or 4.

What's crazy is if you look to almost every other top 10 team the list will be limited to 1, 2 or 3 guys max. with the first choice almost a forgone conclusion.

I don't think it's just the Portal and NIL, but this program is now where I thought it would be 5-7 years ago. Sure we had loaded recruiting classes back then, but the depth we are now seeing across the roster is unprecedented. I always wondered, ignoring the 9.9, why would any to recruit want to learn and master this craft anywhere else?

I see 3 primary reasons that make sense: (1) The academic draw to Stanford, Cornell and Princeton can be explained, likewise (2) some kids absolutely need a full ride to afford the 4-5 years, and finally (3) geography will keep some kids near home, or to continue a family legacy at some school.

We are getting close to having hammers 2 deep, which is unprecedented as above all, these kids want to wrestle, not sit.

Cael is no doubt magical on and off the mat. With the Portal and NIL, virtually anyone can now 'risk' a year on redshirt then write their ticket to the rest of the country if it looks like there is a clear multi year talent ahead of them on the depth chart.

With what Cael has built we should be turning kids away. We are now getting pretty close to that reality.

There needs to be an "all of the above" option.
Obviously you don't know how polls work. :)

I think we're all super excited about all of those guys. Look at a guy like Sealey who only has a couple votes but he's right there with Ferrari who is considered the #1 guy by a lot of people. Both Mirasolas seem to be progressing by leaps and bounds, Desmond has some big wins as does Henckel but nobody is picking them either. I don't think they're all going to be the generational types of talent but I think two or three of them could be.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Asher for me , the potential is one thing but the blood lines just make the story way better.

Obviously you don't know how polls work. :)

381.gif

gif time @PSUAllTheWay

2024 is already decided??? You mean 2024 through 2028 are already decided. It’s unreal.

A pox upon your house for suggesting it "seems to be already decided." It's not only bad luck, but not very sportsmanlike.

A pox upon your house for suggesting it "seems to be already decided." It's not only bad luck, but not very sportsmanlike.
So PSU isn't going to win because I called it? Are you also careful not to step on cracks as you stroll down the sidewalk?

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
I'm sorry I haven't followed his career closely- can someone share his most recent big wins? Seems like a dark horse.
Second at Ironman
First at BOTE
First at ETR
All national quality tourneys
His ride is brutal.
We havent really talked much about him as it was pretty much a foregone conclusion where he was going but he needs to be in the conversation.

Yeah, as soon as you lose respect for your competition, it’s no longer decided at all (just ask Spencer’s mom’s glasses), but that’s more an issue for the wrestlers, not us. LOL.

Reactions: RB-Old
Yeah, as soon as you lose respect for your competition, it’s no longer decided at all (just ask Spencer’s mom’s glasses), but that’s more an issue for the wrestlers, not us. LOL.
I do have four years of eligibility left...

Well, with Davis seemlingly breaking the curse with each trip to the mat, I passed on Luke being the most logical choice,
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a little with Braeden. I am excited for him too, but he is not going to make Luke redundant. So far Davis has beaten 2 OKish national qualifier guys and another that might sneek in there before he is done. I know Kaylor was 8th in 2022, but it was an outlier, he ain't that dude.

Reactions: dicemen99
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a little with Braeden. I am excited for him too, but he is not going to make Luke redundant. So far Davis has beaten 2 OKish national qualifier guys and another that might sneek in there before he is done. I know Kaylor was 8th in 2022, but it was an outlier, he ain't that dude.
Deaugustino is going to be a real test. If he beats him like he did Kaylor I think he's in the conversation to AA this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT