ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Echemendia

Foreverinbluejeans57

Feb 10, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Saw he’s visiting Ohio State this weekend, is he no longer going to Isu? Seems like he’d be a logical fit for us due to freestyle aspirations, and being very close to rby. Think getting him enrolled would be tough?

Where'd you see he was visiting anOSU? Haven't seen a thing to the contrary of his ISU commitment.

Link or it didn't happen.

He's not merely committed to ISU -- he signed an NLI. Dresser letting him visit Tan Tom seems highly unlikely.

Reactions: nitlion6
From others on the Cyclone board it does appear that he’s at TOSU today.

Did not sign an NLI. It was some type of financial award offer (non-binding).

Reactions: nitlion6
I think he's going to be special! Would love to see him in a PSU singlet

The kid is going to be a very special top 4 guy year one but there are some issues and I don't know if/how he can gain admission to PSU. Academically he has no verifiable record, doesn't speak English, and I think they're may be questions about a birth certificate.

Then again I suspect there are likely to be a lot of waivers granted to asylum seekers, including financial aid or scholarships aside from the 9.9.

If you haven't seen him wrestle go check him out of Flo. He seems to be a man amongst boys both literally and figuratively

He would be an incredible get for Cael, and I am all aboard the full court press train on this one!!!!!

Last edited:
So when the Fargo people get a look at the birth certificate they will be correcting the public record and sending Ed Scott his stop sign ?

What birth certificate?
tumblr_maiu5m9fIW1rn0kgco1_1280.jpg

FWIW, Scramble group on FB is reporting that Dresser may be out at Iowa State based on an NCAA investigation into recruiting violations. Take the source for what it is, but that is huge news if true.

Goggles mentioned above. Such a tough thing to comment on. I just deleted two posts. These are kids supposedly and I don’t want to repeat rumors

My take is the kid sure 'looks' like a man child, but that is a highschool thing, looks can be deceiving, and that is now water far under the bridge. Time to move on, on that front I shouldn't have raised the issue other than to wonder what kind of documentation PSU requires to apply? To be clear, other than message board rumors which is the least reliable source of all, there is no proof anywhere he was not of highschool age as he kicked everybody's ass. In his defense I read an interview where he was pretty pissed these rumors persisted.

He has been through enough leaving his family, friends and past behind just to get here. He is now in the big leagues where age is irrelevant. From time to time Mark Hall gets some flack, now Cassar and Shak, plus we have grey shirts, red shirts, Oly red shirts... In a practical sense you could see kids legally take 8 years to get in their 4.

All of this banter aside, the kid is special, very special. He is running rough shod through the ranked competition and will only get better in a great room. I don't know who is advising him, but if he can meet the admissions standards at PSU, there is no better choice. Heck he could grey shirt, work on learning the language and get his test scores in line, then red shirt... Even if entrance standards are a challenge he has a path to PSU for sure if he wants to take it. I hope so.

My take is the kid sure 'looks' like a man child, but that is a highschool thing, looks can be deceiving, and that is now water far under the bridge. Time to move on, on that front I shouldn't have raised the issue other than to wonder what kind of documentation PSU requires to apply? To be clear, other than message board rumors which is the least reliable source of all, there is no proof anywhere he was not of highschool age as he kicked everybody's ass. In his defense I read an interview where he was pretty pissed these rumors persisted.

He has been through enough leaving his family, friends and past behind just to get here. He is now in the big leagues where age is irrelevant. From time to time Mark Hall gets some flack, now Cassar and Shak, plus we have grey shirts, red shirts, Oly red shirts... In a practical sense you could see kids legally take 8 years to get in their 4.

All of this banter aside, the kid is special, very special. He is running rough shod through the ranked competition and will only get better in a great room. I don't know who is advising him, but if he can meet the admissions standards at PSU, there is no better choice. Heck he could grey shirt, work on learning the language and get his test scores in line, then red shirt... Even if entrance standards are a challenge he has a path to PSU for sure if he wants to take it. I hope so.

There is zero chance he is coming to PSU.

I don't know who is advising him, but if he can meet the admissions standards at PSU, there is no better choice. Heck he could grey shirt, work on learning the language and get his test scores in line, then red shirt... Even if entrance standards are a challenge he has a path to PSU for sure if he wants to take it. I hope so.

And just how would he pay the bills during the grayshirt?

No idea. He might have to just slush his way through four years, and scrounge for funds however he can. ;)

That's is a big question. No family, no income, doesn't speak the language, sought assylum from a communist country.... I suspect he will qualify for all sorts of financial aid if not outright grants. He may either have to be anything from a 100% full ride or maybe zero

That's is a big question. No family, no income, doesn't speak the language, sought assylum from a communist country.... I suspect he will qualify for all sorts of financial aid if not outright grants. He may either have to be anything from a 100% full ride or maybe zero
You might want to stop saying that. It's not his first language and it doesn't come easily to him yet, but he does speak it.

Last edited:
Not sure why the need to bash the kid. He cleared whatever HS refs he had to and again to wrestle in Fargo.

he’s good to enroll anywhere he’s accepted. No clue how NCAA eligibility works so he’d need to clear that yet. Maybe he already did, who knows.

I don’t think he lived in a cardboard box under a bridge in AZ so he’s got some kind of support system in the USA. Wish him the best of luck whenever he goes. He’ll be trying to make the USA National teams before long so you may as well get behind him.

Not sure why the need to bash the kid. He cleared whatever HS refs he had to and again to wrestle in Fargo.

he’s good to enroll anywhere he’s accepted. No clue how NCAA eligibility works so he’d need to clear that yet. Maybe he already did, who knows.

I don’t think he lived in a cardboard box under a bridge in AZ so he’s got some kind of support system in the USA. Wish him the best of luck whenever he goes. He’ll be trying to make the USA National teams before long so you may as well get behind him.

I looked back thru all the posts and didnt see any obvious “ bashing” .

Maybe a couple jokes that any reasonable person should be aware of.

I know I am a huge fan of this young man. Am drooling over any chance of getting him here!!

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
Things that have a higher probability than 0

1) AE giving PSU a visit
2) Vodka getting his BWI access back
3) Roar with a negative take
4) Autocorrect being corrected on tHR
5) flo/BTN streaming successfully the whole year
6) tom ryan going a week without slapping his own back on SM
7) TBar losing his homerism
8) TrF reflecting on the UWW honestly
9) Iowa reaching 160pts and 10AA this season
10) Ok State going to an all you can eat buffet during a travel weekend

Things that have a higher probability than 0

1) AE giving PSU a visit
2) Vodka getting his BWI access back
3) Roar with a negative take
4) Autocorrect being corrected on tHR
5) flo/BTN streaming successfully the whole year
6) tom ryan going a week without slapping his own back on SM
7) TBar losing his homerism
8) TrF reflecting on the UWW honestly
9) Iowa reaching 160pts and 10AA this season
10) Ok State going to an all you can eat buffet during a travel weekend
11) Pin Chain comes out of retirement ... someday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT