ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Echemendia

I would rather have Echemendia than Eierman I can tell you that much, although something tells me AE won't be a 4 year kid. I think he goes back to full freestyle after a couple of years

Reactions: Mcnulty7310
Ok, let it go

tenor.gif

Reactions: Dogwelder
If what I’ve heard is correct, he was already on campus. If that’s true, I’m assuming it was an unofficial.

From my HR lurking, Chief seems like a good dude.

But, as a matter of principle, no one should tweet at recruits.
That's beyond creepy and should never take place with a recruit. Wtf is he thinking?

Did he already graduate from sunny side? Article said he planned on being there in January. If that’s the case does he go right away?

Committed to Ohio State, which has Sammy Sasso, so um, what.

He likely redshirts this year, but hey with Tom Ryan you never know. He could go 157 as he wrestled 152 in HS. He could also go 149 and Sasso bumps to 157. He won't be eligible until second semester anyways as he doesn't enroll until January, lots of time for useless speculation...

Last edited:
He likely redshirts this year, but hey with Tom Ryan you never know. He could go 157 as he wrestled 152 in HS. He could also go 149 and Sasso bumps to 157. He won't be eligible until second semester anyways as he doesn't enroll until January, lots of time for speculation...

Will be going 157

He's going to be very good on the FS stage and if he can get a good mat game for folk, he's an instant contender.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Speculation time:
  • I wonder what the 5th visit was supposed to be? I wonder why he didn’t take it.
  • Do platitudes sound less greasy in translation?
  • As a 20 year old, it will be interesting to track his trajectory in relation to his peers.
I’ve loved watching the kid—will be fun to watch him in person, if I can get over the distaste in my throat.

Reactions: fronk71
Speculation time:
  • I wonder what the 5th visit was supposed to be? I wonder why he didn’t take it.
  • Do platitudes sound less greasy in translation?
  • As a 20 year old, it will be interesting to track his trajectory in relation to his peers.
I’ve loved watching the kid—will be fun to watch him in person, if I can get over the distaste in my throat.
Was also wondering about the 5th visit. Did Echemendia ever visit PSU?

You have to figure the Kerk money freeing up helped tremendously. Will be very interesting to watch his progress.

I wonder. A kid here via assylum, no money, no family support... I suspect Anthony is eligible for all kinds of grants and financial aid. I wouldn't be shocked to hear he cost Ryan 0.0...... Unfortunately, maybe the best bargain of the year nationwide.

Last edited:
Willing to wager that Tom Ryan offered a great financial package but gave him some sort of ultimatum about visiting PSU and pulling his offer. I have nothing to confirm, but from the stories I've heard, that isn't an unbelievable scenario.
This was my suspicion as well. Boo.

Willing to wager that Tom Ryan offered a great financial package but gave him some sort of ultimatum about visiting PSU and pulling his offer. I have nothing to confirm, but from the stories I've heard, that isn't an unbelievable scenario.
He'd hardly be the first or last coach to do that. Cough cough Harbaugh.

I'd go further: I'd bet he did a double-or-nothing when Kerk left -- both upped the original offer and added the stick.

I wouldn't bet on this but wouldn't be surprised if those were together one decision by tOSU -- i.e., Tan Tom cut bait on Kerk (or encouraged the portal Saban style) in order to free up money for Echemendia.

I don't think PSU had any interest in echemendia, he really not Carl type of guy. The whole free style first thing is kind of a turnoff and his questionable academics could be problematic down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT