ADVERTISEMENT

And, here's what totally yanks my chain and completely ....

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
pisses in my Cheerios.
I was unable to watch the game due to HS coaching meeting. My son, and (supposed) Lions' fan would text me updates. The friend is discouraged and turns the game off at half. My son continues to text me with updates and encouragement.
Friend makes rude comments about Saquon due to his earrings.
Friend turns game back on when he realizes he might be missing a major comeback win.
Friend complains that our defense isn't as strong as the Scrap days. I guess he isn't smart enough to read about draft picks this past spring and injuries.
Game over, and .......
His final texts "This, gentlemen, is why James Franklin will not be the coach of Penn State next year."
I told him he was clueless, with which he replies "the team will go 4-8, and he will be fired."
He has admitted he only knows 3-4 players on the team and really doesn't follow them any more.
Unfortunately, there are too many who will likely paint with a broad brush the same outlook.
Holy Balls, people. Take a deep breath and relax. It sounds as if the team put themselves in a tough situation and then battled their butts off to have a shot at the end.
If you can't get behind the team, be supportive, and bleed BLUE AND WHITE, then keep your negative comments at home.
Yes, criticism can be given, but constant bitching and moaning is getting old.

Sorry for the rant.

I AM, and always will be..... PENN STATE!!!

OL

And, here's what totally yanks my chain and completely pisses in my Cheerios.

understand what you're saying. there are some on this board that essentially say the same thing, like it is a fact, or as if they are in the decision making role at PSU. Most of the time I just chuckle at such comments, but there are times that such comments get to me.

Unless the team collapses say 3-9 (which I don't see happening at all) It would be a mistake to change Coach Franklin. He kept the team in the game despite adversity (several injuries and turnovers)

Pitt has been ruined by constant coach turnover.

Unless the team collapses say 3-9 (which I don't see happening at all) It would be a mistake to change Coach Franklin. He kept the team in the game despite adversity (several injuries and turnovers)

Pitt has been ruined by constant coach turnover.

I think only very foolish people want Franklin fired. Even if you think he is subpar (and I was actually pleased with how we adjusted today) and has a ceiling, he at least deserves the 2017 season if not 2018 and we would benefit from the stability as we continue to rebuild after the sanctions.

Last year I worried we wouldn't get to a bowl game because we couldn't score any points. This year we can score, so we will win games. I know our defense was better last year but there were games that the d looked pretty crappy as well. We won't see a ton of running backs as talented as Connor. If we can hold a lot of the teams we play under 30, we will win.

Last edited:
Reactions: psualt
Franklin will see an extension, almost certainly. They have no alternative. Unless he does something illegal or embarrassing to the Pharisees, get used to him. He could improve, he could stay the same or get worse but they're not firing him.

Reactions: acg116
Franklin will see an extension, almost certainly. They have no alternative. Unless he does something illegal or embarrassing to the Pharisees, get used to him. He could improve, he could stay the same or get worse but they're not firing him.
This. unless they go like 1-11 in 2016 and 2017 he is solid. I remain optimistic because recruiting is still the most important thing for the program. He may not be a win with less guy, but very few coaches are.

This. unless they go like 1-11 in 2016 and 2017 he is solid. I remain optimistic because recruiting is still the most important thing for the program. He may not be a win with less guy, but very few coaches are.
If they fire him, which sure thing coach would want to come here? Anyway else is a gamble, could get the next tom herman, could get the next rich rod, so unless Saban wants to do a work of charity and take this job it'd be stupid to fire him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victor E. Bell
No extension please...I just want Ira to "leave a lasting and favorable legacy"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT