ADVERTISEMENT

After the first quarter

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
I thought the team played well today and of course scored 35 unanswered points to win by 29. I’m not sure why some posters here seem unhappy with this. We dominated the game and got out with no injuries. Rutgers has almost no first downs from the end of the 1st quarter until garbage time.

I thought the team played well today and of course scored 35 unanswered points to win by 29. I’m not sure why some posters here seem unhappy with this. We dominated the game and got out with no injuries. Rutgers has almost no first downs from the end of the 1st quarter until garbage time.
But we have to dominate all the quarters or many on here won't be happy. And many are more concerned with Barkley's numbers than winning.

It was Rutgers... we should dominate the game. The issue is that we couldn’t even run the ball against Rutgers!

Reactions: fastlax16
In order to not have folks complain the team needs to do the following.
1-Dominate from the kickoff thru the whole game
2-Cover the pointspread
3-Win big
4-Put in the backups so the starters don't get hurt, except when people feel that by taking someone out his feelings will get hurt, or by putting someone in at mop up time their feelings will get hurt too.
4-every star on the team must have had a HOF worthy performance for the day.

To support the original poster's point in a more broad way, I note that we struggled to run the ball and won by 29 points. Similarly we struggled to run the ball against Pitt and won by 19, against Indiana and won by 20+. We did not play our best against OSU and lost by 1 and MSU and lot by 3. Conversely, OSU lost last week by 31; MSU lost today by 40+; UM lost to us by 28; GA lost today by 25-30 points. I guess one take away is on our bad days we still compete to the final play of the game with a chance to win. Some really good teams cannot say that.

To support the original poster's point in a more broad way, I note that we struggled to run the ball and won by 29 points. Similarly we struggled to run the ball against Pitt and won by 19, against Indiana and won by 20+. We did not play our best against OSU and lost by 1 and MSU and lot by 3. Conversely, OSU lost last week by 31; MSU lost today by 40+; UM lost to us by 28; GA lost today by 25-30 points. I guess one take away is on our bad days we still compete to the final play of the game with a chance to win. Some really good teams cannot say that.

So according to you we’ve struggled to run the ball for most of the season with a player many consider to be the best back in school history. It shouldn’t be that hard to see why some people aren’t happy about that trend and the inability to fix it.

Reactions: dbsteel
I agree that nobody should be complaining about a win by even one point, but nobody should be bonered up over this game either. And anyone saying "XYZ lost today, so we still have a shot" should be summarily donkey punched.

So according to you we’ve struggled to run the ball for most of the season with a player many consider to be the best back in school history. It shouldn’t be that hard to see why some people aren’t happy about that trend and the inability to fix it.

And, if we could consistently run the ball, we'd essentially be undefeated. There is that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT