ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of crap about PSU receivers posted here

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
...and on the media...

Who will replace Chris Godwin as the next go to guy.

Excuse me but the wide outs, rbs and TEs PSU has are all go to guys. This is however a bit of a dilemma for Trace in his development.

He needs to relax and be confident in all of his guys. Go through his check off .... and perhaps the best thing he could do is speak up and say....please tell Andrew Nelson he is not ready to return and do everyone else on the offense a big favor. Especially the guard lining up beside him...but the whole offense

BTW ... Johnson and Hamilton at the same spot for the game winner...wtf?

Iowa was really overloading the LOS much of the time, which created problems for Trace. You would think that would have left somebody wide open, but we could not seem to exploit it.
Gesicki is a fantastic receiving TE, but as a blocker he was just awful last night. I don't know about the status of Bowers or if he will ever play, but we really miss having a TE like James. I don't know if Holland is that guy. Dalton is MIA. I can see why JF has been busy recruiting TE's.
I don't know what is wrong with Nelson. He seemed very quick out of his stance, but was getting consistently overpowered by a smaller, younger DE. I think the DE was a very good one. Fries eventually settled in and will probably replace Nelson as the starter until Wright gets back.
The other thing that happened to foul up the passing offense were the large number of batted passes. We were lucky there was only one interception.

...and on the media...

Who will replace Chris Godwin as the next go to guy.

Excuse me but the wide outs, rbs and TEs PSU has are all go to guys. This is however a bit of a dilemma for Trace in his development.

He needs to relax and be confident in all of his guys. Go through his check off .... and perhaps the best thing he could do is speak up and say....please tell Andrew Nelson he is not ready to return and do everyone else on the offense a big favor. Especially the guard lining up beside him...but the whole offense

BTW ... Johnson and Hamilton at the same spot for the game winner...wtf?
Polk has to work on catching the ball more consistently because he can get open.

Iowa was really overloading the LOS much of the time, which created problems for Trace. You would think that would have left somebody wide open, but we could not seem to exploit it.
Gesicki is a fantastic receiving TE, but as a blocker he was just awful last night. I don't know about the status of Bowers or if he will ever play, but we really miss having a TE like James. I don't know if Holland is that guy. Dalton is MIA. I can see why JF has been busy recruiting TE's.
I don't know what is wrong with Nelson. He seemed very quick out of his stance, but was getting consistently overpowered by a smaller, younger DE. I think the DE was a very good one. Fries eventually settled in and will probably replace Nelson as the starter until Wright gets back.
The other thing that happened to foul up the passing offense were the large number of batted passes. We were lucky there was only one interception.

James couldn't block his shadow when he was at PSU.

Reactions: jerrycalpal
James' blocking was so poor his final year that some assumed he was protecting the shoulder injury he had from the hit in the UCF game.

Reactions: jerrycalpal
I wonder if Bowers is ever going to play again. I think he is practicing, but if he does not play by 7 October for the Northwestern game (halfway through the season), then you have to question whether he plays at all this season. Dalton came from Massachusetts and played in a league (and state) that was not very competitive. His development was far behind when he arrived in July 2016 so it may take a while- if ever- for him to be a factor. I was hoping Bowers was going to play this year, but that seems to be getting further and further from happening.

PSU won this game right?

Reactions: mn78psu83
Crowding the LOS took away a lot of Traces' throwing lanes as well. Thus the number of passes batted down.

Reactions: olelion
Polk has to work on catching the ball more consistently because he can get open.

Yes...the one drop yesterday...yawn.
McSirley errant passes toward wide open receivers or batted down with wide open receivers 12...missed by receivers 1. I expect this Indiana game he will start to click as long as there is an able body starting where Nelson was this past week. It is a growth thing. Polk has a bright future here too.
McSorley manned up in crunch time but there was no revolving door in front if him on the last drive. No criticism of Nelson the person...he has no plant legs with which to start a block.

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT