ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of additional game notes

hohmadw

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2010
Wilmington, DE
1) What a difference having Givens back. We were able to sustain a pass rush most of the night with four rushers-had Pickett running for his life several times.

2) A quiet by solid night by our three tight ends. Five catches for 47 yards. Freiermuth looks like a solid blocker.

3) Great hustle play by Zech McPhearson in catching Ollison from behind on his long run. If Pitt were to score there, it could have changed the momentum of the game.

4) Parsons, Luketa, Miller and Brooks get valuable reps and get a little better. Definitely pushing Brown, Johnson and Farmer for playing time.

5) Shout out to Blake Gilikin. Excellent night punting and no fumbled snaps during placements.

6) Key play number two was stuffing Pitt down by the goal line on fourth down. Really surprised that Pitt did not try a field goal to take the lead.

7) Will still have growing pains with this young team, but we definitely have younger guys that are play makers.

8) Finally, I got to see my second blowout of Pitt in my lifetime. My second game in person was in 1968 when my dad took me to Pitt Stadium. We won that game 65-9.

1-0 for the week. Time to focus on Kent State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News