ADVERTISEMENT

5 - Observations from Flyers rookie camp!!

You missed #6!!!! Flyers don't have a prayer getting by Penguins, Capitals, Rangers or Blue Jackets over the next 3-5 years!

LOL at Flyers fans. The most delusional fan base in sport.

Definitely more young talent than there has been in the pipeline that I can recall in a long, long time. Nolan Patrick accelerates the rebuild process substantially. 2017-18 still seems like a transition year, but 2018-19 and beyond looks like a genuine window to compete - and with teams like the Caps and Rangers either in cap trouble or getting older, the opportunity will get larger as time goes on. The Penguins are still going to be the top dog in the Metro until age catches up with Crosby and Malkin, but it's a pretty wide open (albeit competitive) division after that.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
You missed #6!!!! Flyers don't have a prayer getting by Penguins, Capitals, Rangers or Blue Jackets over the next 3-5 years!

I am NOT a hockey fan at all, but I do not think the Flyers fans (or ownership) really care. They have sold out EVERY game for many many years. So there is no real incentive to ever be good. I do not get it but they come even though they stink !!!!
Eagles much the same.
At least the 76ers fans stopped coming to see a BAD team. Now as they appear to be good they have returned. The Phillies "fans" have disappeared and will not pay for an awful team.
Fans are just strange.

At least the Fl

As a philly fan who went to PSU, experienced Pittsburgh fans, and then moved to DC, to Redskin county, I find great irony in you calling any philly fan base delusional.
Pittsburgh is a shit hole of delusion where people think everything is "the best" from Pittsburgh. No skippy. Fries are not supposed to go on your crappy sandwich with sh*tty bread.
DC fans are the least knowledgeable sports fans and most delusional. (After reading the Sixers thread, I can only assume that fairfaxlion was born here). They don't know a lick about football (or any sport) and it took 12 years of Dan Snyder futility before they stopped thinking the Skins had a shot at the SuperBowl every preseason. Still, every season at 2-5, when they squeak out a 17-16 against Cleveland at home, they get a twinge of excitement and say they still have a shot at the playoffs.

But hey, other than that, sure, Flyers fans showing up to support the sport and team they like is delusional.

I am NOT a hockey fan at all, but I do not think the Flyers fans (or ownership) really care. They have sold out EVERY game for many many years. So there is no real incentive to ever be good. I do not get it but they come even though they stink !!!!
Eagles much the same.
At least the 76ers fans stopped coming to see a BAD team. Now as they appear to be good they have returned. The Phillies "fans" have disappeared and will not pay for an awful team.
Fans are just strange.

I would beg to differ. Ed Snider was too impatient to win. When he was ill he had the GM trade away all their young talent to win now. He wanted 1 last cup before he passed away. It caught up with them when they had little talent in the minors and were cap strapped in a big way with all the old aging veterans. They are finally now just coming out of that hell hole. They are going to have cap space and a loaded minor league team. Hextall is a very solid GM and built the King teams for their cup runs and so they had a future. He is working his magic here but we can see how bad shape this franchise was when he took over

Reactions: bmw199
At least the Fl

As a philly fan who went to PSU, experienced Pittsburgh fans, and then moved to DC, to Redskin county, I find great irony in you calling any philly fan base delusional.
Pittsburgh is a shit hole of delusion where people think everything is "the best" from Pittsburgh. No skippy. Fries are not supposed to go on your crappy sandwich with sh*tty bread.
DC fans are the least knowledgeable sports fans and most delusional. (After reading the Sixers thread, I can only assume that fairfaxlion was born here). They don't know a lick about football (or any sport) and it took 12 years of Dan Snyder futility before they stopped thinking the Skins had a shot at the SuperBowl every preseason. Still, every season at 2-5, when they squeak out a 17-16 against Cleveland at home, they get a twinge of excitement and say they still have a shot at the playoffs.

But hey, other than that, sure, Flyers fans showing up to support the sport and team they like is delusional.

Remember, I did say the future looks bright. And yes, I'm a die-hard Pens fan. I see talent coming up sir!

And I know you didn't include me in that delusional comment!

:):):)

Last edited:

There is average and there is variance around the average in any statistical population.

I am a Flyers fan, and believe unlike our chaotic past -- pay outrageous for aged vet to win now- our mgmt. has set the foundation. We'll see if that mgmt. can develop talent.
We'll see and that is what makes it fun.
I wish people, including me, had to put up money when they said what ever they felt like --and if wrong, that money went to the United Way.
Saying anything at any time without recourse is IMO not the best thing.

At least the Fl

But hey, other than that, sure, Flyers fans showing up to support the sport and team they like is delusional.[/QUOTE)

What The hell does fries on a sandwich have to do with sports?

If you knew the history behind the sandwich you wouldn't find the need to be such an ads.

I love cheesesteaks, crab cakes, and Primanti sandwiches.

Go Flyers, Phillies, Steelers, 76ers!

I love where the Flyers are headed. A future PP unit (or even scoring line 1 if one becomes a wing) of Konecny, Patrick, and Rubstov will be electric

Reactions: TheGLOV
There is average and there is variance around the average in any statistical population.

I am a Flyers fan, and believe unlike our chaotic past -- pay outrageous for aged vet to win now- our mgmt. has set the foundation. We'll see if that mgmt. can develop talent.
We'll see and that is what makes it fun.
I wish people, including me, had to put up money when they said what ever they felt like --and if wrong, that money went to the United Way.
Saying anything at any time without recourse is IMO not the best thing.

LOL at Flyers fan jibberish explaining away why Flyers suck! Swing-n-miss my man.

At least the Fl

Wait you're a Philly guy talking anything other than sports disappointment? Pittsburgh is know as the City Of Champions ya nimrod. When was the last time you had a parade in Philly? I love the town! There a lot. Ritt Square is my stomping grounds. But your sports are a joke. Why is that so hard to accept?

FYI LOL at the guy that thinks he knows more sports than the next guy.

Eagles much the same.
Fans are just strange.

So if I understand Flyers and Eagles fan go watch shitty teams? And no one goes to watch the other two shitty Philly teams? Gotcha thanks!

Wait you're a Philly guy talking anything other than sports disappointment? Pittsburgh is know as the City Of Champions ya nimrod. When was the last time you had a parade in Philly? I love the town! There a lot. Ritt Square is my stomping grounds. But your sports are a joke. Why is that so hard to accept?

April 2016. http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/...age.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_960/image.JPG

Reactions: Nit16 and TheGLOV

Umm....You should re-read my post. I said Pittsburghers are delusional. I said nothing about sports teams, but while we are talking delusion, Pittsburgh is known as the "City of Champions" inside Pittsburgh. "Man, Pittsburgh has the best _______". You priove my point, doesn't matter whether it's sports teams or sh*tty sandwiches. Burghers think everything from the Burgh is "the best." But to be fair, the place was a sh*t hole for 40 years, and the town needed something to grasp onto and forget their lot of being born in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh fans ans are some of the most ridiculous tantrum throwing douches I've ever encountered. Every week of 94 and 95 I thought my dorm was going to explode every time Neil O'Donnell threw an incomplete pass. For all the bad rap Philly fans get, the yinzers are way more ridiculous and prone to property destruction....and Yes, DC fans, on average, are some of the least knowledgeable sports fans I've ever encountered. I'm no expert, but on average, DC sports fans are just plain dumb.
LOL, FYI, ROTFLMAO, IDK, IIRC, BTW....wow, that's fun. Bye Felicia

Umm....You should re-read my post. I said Pittsburghers are delusional. I said nothing about sports teams, but while we are talking delusion, Pittsburgh is known as the "City of Champions" inside Pittsburgh. "Man, Pittsburgh has the best _______". You priove my point, doesn't matter whether it's sports teams or sh*tty sandwiches. Burghers think everything from the Burgh is "the best." But to be fair, the place was a sh*t hole for 40 years, and the town needed something to grasp onto and forget their lot of being born in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh fans ans are some of the most ridiculous tantrum throwing douches I've ever encountered. Every week of 94 and 95 I thought my dorm was going to explode every time Neil O'Donnell threw an incomplete pass. For all the bad rap Philly fans get, the yinzers are way more ridiculous and prone to property destruction....and Yes, DC fans, on average, are some of the least knowledgeable sports fans I've ever encountered. I'm no expert, but on average, DC sports fans are just plain dumb.
LOL, FYI, ROTFLMAO, IDK, IIRC, BTW....wow, that's fun. Bye Felicia

I stopped after your first sentence. No need to read the rest. This was a sports thread on a sports site. This was OT but not your kind of OT. Plus it's really all in chop busting fun. You're obvious low IQ poster doing the I hate Pittsburgh thing. Good day sir.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT