ADVERTISEMENT

2024 B1Gs - Day 2

Sparks (Minn) finished 6th beating only DJ Washington in opening round. He went 1-3 the matches he wrestled.

• Wow
Reactions: Ski
Not that I disagree with that he could have issues, but why specifically did this show you that? To me, this whole thing was about length and getting into positions one isn’t used to being in against it. I don’t know what KOT presents those issues.

Agreed, Hamiti is a top 4 seed probably and was undefeated coming in - it's not like we have a lot of history in regards to KOT v Hamiti especially this year. Beyond that, it's all about matchups - just because Hamiti had success on counters versus MM doesn't mean KOT will. Match told us little about a MM-KOT matchup imho.

Reactions: donboy6499 and Ski
I'm not exaggerating when I say that was when of the best matches and comebacks I've ever seen in my life! Talk about living up to the hype! i seriously got chills! Mesenbrink won't stop, can't stop! Hamiti is phenomenal as well! Can they wrestle every night on primetime? Seriously, they should that match to people who haven't ever watched a college wrestling match. Wow!!!!
My buddy who is a college Basketball fan and knows nothing about wrestling just text me and says “MM is my favorite wrestler and that was effing awesome!”

Hope some of the other guys start to wrestle like him. Awesome 👏!!!

Truax v 1-seed Isaiah Salazar
  • Truax gets a leg but Salazar shakes it off easily. Salazar is noticably thicker than Bernie.
  • Truax looked go-behind but didn't get far.
  • Truax chooses bottom in second.
  • Salazar with a mat return. Bernie out with only :40 RT for Salazar. 1-0.
  • Salazar with a snatch single, Bernie a nice job defending, and time runs out.
  • Salazar from bottom to start the third, and he's out. 1-1, RT not a factor.
  • Truax looked for the low single but doesn't get it.
  • Salazar gets a leg clean, but Bernie cuts the corner. Salazar looking to pop up, and time runs out. SV
  • Truax with some action from front headlock position but no. Bernie looks to jump on a fallen Salazar but Salazar grabs a leg, scramble ensues.
  • Salazar wins the scramble, gets back points, but no pin. 8-1. Truax was close there though, he can beat this guy.

My buddy who is a college Basketball fan and knows nothing about wrestling just text me and says “MM is my favorite wrestler and that was effing awesome!”

I had a similar experience. Parent of a Penn state student I know

• Love
Reactions: NCPsuFan and Ski
KOT is pretty long and an even better scrambler. I think he's going to eat MM alive in that left side hi-c position and I think he'll be able to ride him too.
9212bb82-3c0d-4fa3-ae8a-a78ca74a9fe3_text.gif

Agreed, Hamiti is a top 4 seed probably and was undefeated coming in - it's not like we have a lot of history in regards to KOT v Hamiti especially this year. Beyond that, it's all about matchups - just because Hamiti had success on counters versus MM doesn't mean KOT will. Match told us little about a MM-KOT matchup imho.
hamiti was not undefeated

How did Bernie finish 4th at 197? He looks way outsized at 184, no way he wasn't giving up a lot of strength last year.

Amazing that when Salazar fell he was able to keep a hold of Bernie’s left wrist. Basically just enough to give him time to recover.

Gotta have the gas tank to pull it off. His cardio must be unreal!

Reactions: NCPsuFan
Brooks v Glazier
  • I think Glazier was the only wrestler to not get bonused by Brooks this year.
  • Brooks drops to legs, get the TD. Lets him go, 3-1.
  • Brooks with a head snap, drops to a leg, converts easily. Going to built up some RT now. 6-1, RT over a minute.
  • Brooks with ride out. 1:46.
  • Brooks starts second from bottom, he's up and out. 1:34 RT, 7-1.
  • Brooks with some level changes and Glazier goes over. 10-1, :45 remaining. Brooks content to ride him out.
  • Glazier chooses neutral to start third.
  • Glazier with a shot, Brooks turns it into his own TD. Lets him up. 13-2, RT locked.
  • Brooks with a beauty of an ankle pick. 16-3. Lets him up.
  • Brooks with a leg trip, and he's got the TF. 20-4.
  • Four-time Big Ten Champ, Aaron Brooks!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT