ADVERTISEMENT

2024 B1Gs - Day 2

The Gomez Lovett match was fun stuff. Incredible that Lovett was able to fend that last shot off, Gomez had both legs. And even more incredible Lovett didn't get scored on after losing that upper body fight.

Geez, thought maybe Kasak and Miller went outside the cylinder just before the mat return and pin.

I’m good with the loss now and the undefeated monkey off the back of a wrestler that plays it too close too often. Mendez deserved that one and Beau has something to learn from there. I’ll take Beau in the next one!

I'm not good with that kind of wrestling - it's lame. Mendez deserved that win - love Beau, but he did absolutely nothing and probably should have given up multiple stall calls and stalling points.

He's not winning in a couple weeks if he wrestles like that... he needs to be lightyears more aggressive if he wants to win a National Championship.

The Gomez Lovett match was fun stuff. Incredible that Lovett was able to fend that last shot off, Gomez had both legs. And even more incredible Lovett didn't get scored on after losing that upper body fight.
Yeah, really some high level defense by Lovett.

Reactions: 1AA and 7Springs
And now we get to watch Lewan...

giphy.gif

Can we get a one time exemption for a triple threat match and include Andonian? There would be dudes getting launched into the stands.

Kasak is gonna give some coaches some nervous moments at nationals. He's peaking and no one is gonna want to face him. We damn well could get 10 AAsthis year.

I'm not good with that kind of wrestling - it's lame. Mendez deserved that win - love Beau, but he did absolutely nothing and probably should have given up multiple stall calls and stalling points.

He's not winning in a couple weeks if he wrestles like that... he needs to be lightyears more aggressive if he wants to win a National Championship.
Woah my guy…

Maybe re-read my post…I said I’m good with the loss and that Mendez deserved the win…didn’t defend Beau or his style, just picked him to learn and win the next one.

I think we thought similar stuff, but you tried to call my post out. I’m just not big on slamming PSU guys and being overly negative

Crap. Was hoping Haines could get some RT. Could've been big against Lewan and his style. Should keep pushing for another stall warning.

Levi and Lewan, again.

Haines has taken a few shots, Lewan unsurprsingly, has not. But it's scoreless at break.

Lewan goes on bottom to start the second. He's out in under ten, Levi was lookign for a suckback. Lewan hit with a stall warning. Levi finally gets to a leg but it's with one second.

Levi up and out to start the third, with no resistance. 1-1

Lewan with a shot, Levi stuffs it. Lewan backing up. Levi hit with a stall warning. Levi working from front headlock. Levi gets to leg but time runs out.

SV. Levi with a clean single, wraps up the other leg and he's a BIg Ten Champion! 3-1 final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT