ADVERTISEMENT

2024 B1Gs - Day 2

Looked to me like when the ref said, "Fingers, guys", Beau let go and Mendez used it to his advantage.
Eh, we've seen this story before. PSU wrestler loses in B1G final, avenges loss when it really counts two weeks later.

I'll never understand why guys want to wait until the last second to try something. If Beau shoots he's a good finisher but he really didn't do anything but try and ride him and he paid for waiting.

Reactions: fronk71
When Beau took a shot against Woods is surprised the hell out of him. He did the same thing to Hardy and it worked. He just needs to trust himself because that style doesn't win at Nationals.

Reactions: dswartz
Pretty evenly matched, but the problem was that Beau had absolutely zero offense. Beau deserved to lose that match - I don't think he made a single real offensive attack. Showed great defensive skills, but a bit pathetic that he didn't make a single real offensive attack - not sure what he's thinking, but you shouldn't be looking to win a match 1-0 or on TB Riding-Time Adv. You have to score to win and Beau seemed utterly oblivious to that.

As a side question, isn’t placing your foot on the floor to go OB like McKee did the definition of stalling? Serious question.
I believe it can be called as fleeing the mat in HS. Not sure about college. I think it’s largely at the officials discretion overall

Kasak up 7-0, over 2 minutes in RT. Just abusing Miller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT