ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session V - Consi Semis/Finals/Placement Matches

Romero wins! Boo Yeah. So done with Hidlay wrestling outside the ring. Absolute nonsense he's allowed to do that sh&t.

Reactions: LDandy and royboy
Could we add Aaron? Hagerstown is close enough to PA that Aaron could toss a Brands brother into PA. If that's not close enough, Hagerstown is closer to PA than Hidlay is to being in the center of the mat.
think sesame street GIF
Lol….This was one of the funnier replies today!

Sorry for the off topic question but is there a reason Spencer Lee's family hates Penn State? I have seen comments that seem to indicate that? Thanks from a casual wrestling fan.

I've said this on the football board, but wrestlers often have the trait that propels more to high levels of success than just about any subset of a high school. I can count from my HS wrestling team at least 4 millionaires under 50 years of age. None of these 4 came from money. Also, a 5th became a Navy Seal and now owns a business, so perhaps he is a 5th but not sure on that.

Only 2 of the 4 millionaires were in the AP classes and there wasn't a similar success rate that I'm aware of from our AP classes, so simply being smart wasn't the trait. One of them went to the Vo Tech and took over his dad's little kitchen counters and cabinets business and built it up pretty big before selling it off. Another worked construction pounding nails and whatever, then went back to college and got his degree, and now manages all kind of big construction sites.

But the key thing all 5 of these guys shared was no quit and all grit. All 5 were the varsity starter at their weight class but were not all were our top wrestlers. But one thing was certain, they weren't going to quit and they were going to exhaust their efforts to find a way to get it done. I suspect this carried over to all of their life successes to some degree.
Great post!

Reactions: nitlion6
I would be SHOCKED if Fix were back and Vito I think would have to transfer because the Ivies don’t have grad student athletes
People were saying this about Yianni too. Vito greyshirted, so he's just a year behind. I don't think he or Yianni were in school 2020-2021.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
* Way to go Max, Beau and Shane!
* Really cool to see Romero so excited to win 3rd. Hidlay got taken down.....wasn't on the edge :)
* Someone's dad forgot to fill the refrigerator
* Glad to see Murin AA.....Go Central Cambria
* Foca is tough
* Nagao. I'll chip in for his NIL if he wants to move :)
* I am actually glad Warner won his last match and finished 5th. Those haters from Iowa should be standing
* Excited to watch Hendrickson vs Cassioppi
* Hendrickson vs Cassioppi was exciting. Loved the crowd reaction. U.S.A.

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic question but is there a reason Spencer Lee's family hates Penn State? I have seen comments that seem to indicate that? Thanks from a casual wrestling fan.
I don't think it's PSU per se. Think they just hate the people of PA in general because they perceived that their little boy was treated wrongly at states.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT