ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session V - Consi Semis/Finals/Placement Matches

Isn't Cardenas the kid that was at Cornell when Max transferred? The Iowa fans were saying he was transferring because he wasn't going to beat out Cardenas
Have they really said that? That's insane, Cornell admin cost them Max IIRC.

Good to see Max Dean go out with a W.

Never seen Max give up so many TDs as he did in this tournament, and he definitely let one slip away against Truax last night. Still, a 7th place finish isn't too shabby and he really had a nice two seasons for PSU. His absence appears to leave a hole at 197.

Last edited:
Good to see Max Dean go out with a W.

Never seen Max give up so many TDs as he did in this tournament, and he definitely let one slip away against True last night. Still, a 7th place finish isn't too shabby and he really had a nice two seasons for PSU. His absence appears to leave a hole at 197.
I’ve heard rumors about a pretty decent wrestler at 184 moving up a weight.

• Haha
Reactions: RB-Old and mcpat
Clay Carson from SD State is quite an articulate kid. Just gave Qunit by far his best post-match interview of the Tournament.

Consider the class Dean showed despite his disappointment. Consider the Lee family. Sorry folks, this is wrestling royalty vs, trailer park trash. Quitting on your teammates is for wusses? It’s always been all about me for the Lees vs. I’m so grateful for Max. Lee was a train wreck ready to happen and TNT were the right coaches to make it happen. I’ve grown old and very rich judging peoples character. Spencer will never be truly successful or happy. He has a rotten core. Sorry. That’s the facts. Off the mats, he’s lost.
weirdo

Reactions: Reslo and PSUbluTX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT