ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

I was excited about Fearbry. But maybe he wasn't prepared for the DDS commitment and felt like DDS and Talley was too much competition in the same class. I thought he was a great pickup though.
Not the case.

BWI reported that Alex Vansumeren committed to MSU today.......
Difficult to separate siblings if they are of similar talent such that they have the same offers...one notable exception is PJ Mustipher and his older brother Sam (Notre Dame), a 2014 recruit who reportedly strongly considered PSU despite the fact that the infamous sanctions had not yet been lifted at the time.

Difficult to separate siblings if they are of similar talent such that they have the same offers...one notable exception is PJ Mustipher and his older brother Sam (Notre Dame), a 2014 recruit who reportedly strongly considered PSU despite the fact that the infamous sanctions had not yet been lifted at the time.
Agree. Another case in point, the Ruccis @ Wisconsin.

Reactions: Shadow99
Sam attended Good Counsel High School in Maryland, and not McDonogh High School in Maryland like PJ did. As we know, McDonogh is a feeder school to Penn State. Sam never really considered Penn State because of the sanctions. I know someone at McDonogh, and although PJ did consider Notre Dame during the recruiting class, neither Sam nor his family felt strongly about Notre Dame (I heard he had an up and down experience at Notre Dame), so PJ was able to make his own decision without feeling pressure.

For those tracking class rankings.....

Quinn Ewers expected to re-classify to 2021 and enroll at OSU next month, and 5* CB Jaheim Singletary is apparently a strong candidate to flip to UGA (which has been rumored for months). If both happen, PSU will take the #1 spot in the rankings.

(not that we'd hold onto #1 for very long -- the big boys will start piling up commitments soon)

Last edited:

Quinn Ewers expected to re-classify to 2021 and enroll at OSU next month, and 5* CB Jaheim Singletary is apparently a strong candidate to flip to UGA (which has been rumored for months). If both happen, PSU will take the #1 spot in the rankings.

(not that we'd hold onto #1 for very long -- the big boys will start piling up commitments soon)
The Ewers kid is able to graduate an entire year early? How do you pull that off? And why didn’t anybody how when I was a junior in high school?

McCord must love that. LOL.

McCord must love that. LOL.

I guess having too many 5* QBs is a good problem to have. But this can't be good for chemistry within that QB room. 4 freshman QBs on the roster at one time -- including 3 5* kids who expect to play.

Safe to say McCord will probably be the odd man out, seeing as though Stroud is probably starter this year and maybe next, and then it's all Ewers. I'd take McCord in a second, but then that could create chemistry issues of our own with Allar and Pribula already in the fold. I guess that's why coaches get paid the big bucks to work this stuff out.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHello
It is very typical for parents in Texas to hold back boys a grade in 7-9 grades to give them an extra year to mature if they are even remotely a promising athlete. Not saying that was the case with Evers but it wouldn’t surprise me

Reactions: Ranger Dan

It just seems like yesterday that we were one of the “ big boys.”

Reactions: bdgan
It is very typical for parents in Texas to hold back boys a grade in 7-9 grades to give them an extra year to mature if they are even remotely a promising athlete. Not saying that was the case with Evers but it wouldn’t surprise me
That’s my question. Was he a kid “redshirted” or was he at the typical grade for his age? I wouldn’t want my 17-year old playing division 1 football.

Don't have to go that far. Joe "Jazz" Diminick popularized it in Mt. Carmel Pa. It wasn't long till other coal region schools joined the club.

Reactions: psrurock
Is he a typical high school age or was he on the Fleming Plan?

I heard on SXM College Sports Radio that he’s already 19

I guess having too many 5* QBs is a good problem to have. But this can't be good for chemistry within that QB room. 4 freshman QBs on the roster at one time -- including 3 5* kids who expect to play.

Safe to say McCord will probably be the odd man out, seeing as though Stroud is probably starter this year and maybe next, and then it's all Ewers. I'd take McCord in a second, but then that could create chemistry issues of our own with Allar and Pribula already in the fold. I guess that's why coaches get paid the big bucks to work this stuff out.
Man were McCord and some of the top 100 WRs taken for a ride signing up at Ohio St. They should start advertising committing to Ohio St as a window to the portal.

Reactions: bdgan

Without any proof, my perception is that OSU is really pushing the NIL in their recruiting and this is one of the results: QB room filled w/5* which will lead to transfers out of that room. Who leaves I have no idea, but 1 or 2 will leave OSU. It is inevitable.

If OSU is pushing to get Ewers on campus this fall, it isn't to sit behind Stroud....
If Ewers does reclassify and is at OSU this fall, what are the chances OSU circles back around and starts making a play for Allar especially since PSU has 2 QB commitments in their 2022 class ? Did Allar grow up a Buckeye fan ?

If Ewers does reclassify and is at OSU this fall, what are the chances OSU circles back around and starts making a play for Allar especially since PSU has 2 QB commitments in their 2022 class ? Did Allar grow up a Buckeye fan ?
Wow, even when you aren’t pretending to be a delusional Michigan fan, you’re still pretty delusional. Why the heck would Allar even think about switching to OSU when that QB room is the most crowded in the country? He definitely has a shot to play much earlier here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT