ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

I'm getting off-topic of recruiting but he's actually coming in at CB now if you check the new roster
Thanks for the update. Either way, I think he will end up being a major contributor to the team.

Did he say "DJ Wesolak, we got him..." ??

Near the end of the video at the 1:56 mark.

I'm sure I heard that wrong.

Can't be this guy from Missouri, right?

Is this still the recruiting thread?

How is nobody speculating about this DJ Wesolak kid? Has over 50 offers with the Crystal Balls favoring Clemson and USC. Would gladly find room for him to complete our DL haul.

Thanks for the update. Either way, I think he will end up being a major contributor to the team.
totally agree...one my favorite recruits from last year...go watch his junior film...shows quickness, hands, jumping ability, toughness and great length...u can see what kind of an athlete he is by ESPN having him as a four-star WR, while Rivlas has him as a four-star DB...i see him as a potentially high end NFL draft prospect as a DB when its all said and done like a Joey Porter Jr.

Reactions: RickinDayton

How is nobody speculating about this DJ Wesolak kid? Has over 50 offers with the Crystal Balls favoring Clemson and USC. Would gladly find room for him to complete our DL haul.

Nobody had heard of him prior to DDS name drop.

Probably fear of bad mojo. Lol

Interesting deal regardless. Is he being mentioned behind the paywall?

DDS clearly mentioned Wesolak.

Nobody had heard of him prior to DDS name drop.

Probably fear of bad mojo. Lol

Interesting deal regardless. Is he being mentioned behind the paywall?

247 podcast mentioned him.

Is this one of those " he's interested in coming to play with DDS" deals or has he just been quiet and our staff is putting in the work?

I honestly have no clue but it looks like he may visit.

Sean and Tyler said the staff has been in communication with Wesolak every single day.

IMO, the staff will still close with at least one solid LB this cycle.

If not, it may hurt the depth chart for a season, especially if B. Smith declares for the draft after this upcoming season. But there's a good opportunity next cycle to stock up on LBs with 3 PA prospects in the composite top-200. I also think the staff offered another '23 in-state LB this past weekend, Picciotti (sp?).

IMO, the staff will still close with at least one solid LB this cycle.

If not, it may hurt the depth chart for a season, especially if B. Smith declares for the draft after this upcoming season. But there's a good opportunity next cycle to stock up on LBs with 3 PA prospects in the composite top-200. I also think the staff offered another '23 in-state LB this past weekend, Picciotti (sp?).
I would be surprised if B. Smith declares for the draft. He had a decent Freshman year, then took a step back last season, and all of the hoopla about the Linebacker group this past off-season has been about Curtis Jacobs and Jesse Luketa. I think B. Smith has a lot of talent but he needs to step it up this season if he wants to go Pro in 2022.

I would be surprised if B. Smith declares for the draft. He had a decent Freshman year, then took a step back last season, and all of the hoopla about the Linebacker group this past off-season has been about Curtis Jacobs and Jesse Luketa. I think B. Smith has a lot of talent but he needs to step it up this season if he wants to go Pro in 2022.
Football is slowly becoming baseball and basketball it is more about what they project rather than the numbers you put up. If it were about #'s no way Oweh goes 1st round.

Have we been watching/reading the same things?

B. Smith has been thrown around as a 1st-rounder in next year's draft, coming mostly after his development throughout last season. The light seemed to have "turned on".

Luketa was a major liability at LB last season, and he missed all of spring with an apparent shoulder injury. Last time I checked, he was also eating himself out playing LB, and some speculation has grown that he could be moved to DE.

No argument on Jacobs, kid is going to be a stud.

There seems to be some nervousness about the depth behind the starters this coming season, only reason why I pointed out if we lose B. Smith to the pros, Luketa to the D-Line, it would be nice to add a LB or 2 in this cycle to build some depth for the '22 season. All hope not being lost though, because there seems to be an opportunity to snag a bunch just from the state of PA next cycle '23.

Reactions: bmw199
How sweet is this? (minus the ear defect in the nittany lion logo)

Screenshot-20210726-224754-Chrome.jpg

I think my thoughts on the importance of DDS center around the overall need at DE + the head to head win over Georgia and Bama. Also not to mention, overall, Franklin has the number two class in the country right now following a 4-5 season.

IMO, in today’s game, DE is by far the most important position on defense.

Reactions: bmw199
I think my thoughts on the importance of DDS center around the overall need at DE + the head to head win over Georgia and Bama. Also not to mention, overall, Franklin has the number two class in the country right now following a 4-5 season.

IMO, in today’s game, DE is by far the most important position on defense.

Seems harder and harder to project though. YGM has been our best lately and IMO several others did not live up to the hype (for various reasons). Jury still out on a few. The last DE to have an immediate impact was C. Brown and those guys are rare. Hope DDS is next.

ADVERTISEMENT