ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Yeah - no one has ever transferred out after signing from inside our regional recruiting footprint nor ever signed from somewhere outside of it lol
By all means, let's shrink our recruiting net - we are already doing too good inside our local area. :|

we aren’t doing well inside our Area. Problem is we really aren’t doing well outside our area for all the time we seem to spend there.
Tell you what, if we land a 5 Star from out of the area I will leave this page forever.

That often requires 6 figures these days.

Thats a good excuse, but IMO, it is just that, an excuse. Did Rucci get money from Wisconsin?

My issue is this....we are obviously spending time chasing 5 stars from out of the region. Those 5 stars never pan out. Do we think it might be a better strategy to take that time and solidify our in region contacts. North Carolina isn't a gimme anymore, neither is the northeast with hafley, and neither is the DMV with the possible emergence of Maryland.

We need to get back to our recruiting roots. Stop chasing shiny new 5 star florida and oklahoma guys and start getting back to what got you here.

Mcsorley- VA
Godwin-DE
Barkley- PA
Sanders-PA
Parsons- PA

you get the point. Ohio State owns Ohio, 6 out of the top 10 including the top 5. If we did that....we would have Rucci, McCord, Trotter, Davis, and Harrison. Then throw in White as OSU had 1 in the 6-10 range. Pretty good start huh?

Thats a good excuse, but IMO, it is just that, an excuse. Did Rucci get money from Wisconsin?

My issue is this....we are obviously spending time chasing 5 stars from out of the region. Those 5 stars never pan out. Do we think it might be a better strategy to take that time and solidify our in region contacts. North Carolina isn't a gimme anymore, neither is the northeast with hafley, and neither is the DMV with the possible emergence of Maryland.

We need to get back to our recruiting roots. Stop chasing shiny new 5 star florida and oklahoma guys and start getting back to what got you here.

Mcsorley- VA
Godwin-DE
Barkley- PA
Sanders-PA
Parsons- PA

you get the point. Ohio State owns Ohio, 6 out of the top 10 including the top 5. If we did that....we would have Rucci, McCord, Trotter, Davis, and Harrison. Then throw in White as OSU had 1 in the 6-10 range. Pretty good start huh?
Sure and I don't think Rucci is getting $. But I'm not so sure about the rest. The others are all committed to schools that are known for this sort of thing. It's hard to keep those kids home when they are offered something by out state schools that we aren't willing to do.

Sure and I don't think Rucci is getting $. But I'm not so sure about the rest. The others are all committed to schools that are known for this sort of thing. It's hard to keep those kids home when they are offered something by out state schools that we aren't willing to do.

Call me sheltered but I think it is a concept that doesn't happen as much as people think. There would be way too many disgruntled players that would make a threat of coming clean. Remember, not all 5 stars come through. The great class of 2018 had maybe 5 of the top 10 truly pan out. You pay one of them once and they start not playing you would see them blackmail for more.

we aren’t doing well inside our Area. Problem is we really aren’t doing well outside our area for all the time we seem to spend there.
Tell you what, if we land a 5 Star from out of the area I will leave this page forever.
What about Canada? Are we allowed to recruit Canada? Wasn't Theo the #3 TE in the class?

What about Canada? Are we allowed to recruit Canada? Wasn't Theo the #3 TE in the class?

Oh I agree, I guess we will see if he works out. I am sure there are exceptions to my thinking on this. The more guys that work out will change my perspective probably. Right now, besides a select few, and besides being another hat on the table what has really worked out in the end with these guys.

PS...Johnson was a 4 star so if he does pan out I don';t have to leave the page, hahahahaha.

Mcsorley- VA
Godwin-DE
Barkley- PA
Sanders-PA
Parsons- PA

Ohio has more talent, more money, better facilities, better fans and an airport with direct flights to talent rich states.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Mcsorley- VA
Godwin-DE
Barkley- PA
Sanders-PA
Parsons- PA

Or we would lose 4 of the 5 you listed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT