ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Been wondering who our No. 1 target is at RB for the Class of 2022. There are a lot of great RBs who have PSU high on their list, we can kind of pick and choose the next great one. But there's so many great ones, so I hope we sign two. Tevin White would be one of those two. Remember, he split carries with Devyn Ford as a sophomore in HS.

Makes me think a little of that RB Jordan Houston from VA who PSU offered as a freshman. His mom went to PSU and he was gushing for years about PSU, but he quickly found out that the door doesn't stay open forever. Devyn Ford and Noah Cain both announced for PSU and Jordan wound up signing with NCSU and played great as a freshman. He was later asked to offer some words of advice to the next generation of recruits, and he said something like, "If you get an offer from your dream school, don't overthink it."

Whatever the case, worked out well for everyone all parties.
Ryan posted a FutureCast for Flowers to PSU today.
Mekhi Flowers is so pro-PSU in his tweets, come on, he gets it. So, Mekhi, if you are reading this right now, you know we love you and we're counting on you to lead this Penn State football team to national championship(!!!). Let's get you and all your boys on board for Penn State's greatest class since perhaps 2006. #WeAre #BeastOfTheEast

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Been wondering who our No. 1 target is at RB for the Class of 2022. There are a lot of great RBs who have PSU high on their list, we can kind of pick and choose the next great one. But there's so many great ones, so I hope we sign two. Tevin White would be one of those two. Remember, he split carries with Devyn Ford as a sophomore in HS.

Makes me think a little of that RB Jordan Houston from VA who PSU offered as a freshman. His mom went to PSU and he was gushing for years about PSU, but he quickly found out that the door doesn't stay open forever. Devyn Ford and Noah Cain both announced for PSU and Jordan wound up signing with NCSU and played great as a freshman. He was later asked to offer some words of advice to the next generation of recruits, and he said something like, "If you get an offer from your dream school, don't overthink it."

Mekhi Flowers is so pro-PSU in his tweets, come on, he gets it. So, Mekhi, if you are reading this right now, you know we love you and we're counting on you to lead this Penn State football team to national championship(!!!). Let's get you and all your boys on board for Penn State's greatest class since perhaps 2006. #WeAre #BeastOfTheEast

Just reviewed that marvelous PSU class...so many top shelf/top 100 players...and then you read revisionists here that said Joe was long past the point he should recruit.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Last year pretty much everyone had Lloyd and Tyree in the bag...didn’t work out but still got two studs. Whether it’s White and Singleton or Pettaway and Harris, we’ll get two good ones.

Based on twitter and instagram updates yesterday/today, it looks like Ohio State is going to BOOM BOOM BOOM soon. Crystal balls were flowing for 3 Top 10 players to Ohio State and the #2 Safety out of New Jersey

Two of those predictions are Defensive Backs to Ohio State, so maybe Derrick Davis will see that Ohio State is simply going to recruit over him in the next class. I also wonder about Kyle McCord (Ohio State's 2021 committed QB) since he has a 5 Star QB in the 2020 class ahead of him, and Quinn Ewers the #1 ranked 5 Star QB in the 2022 class behind him.

Based on twitter and instagram updates yesterday/today, it looks like Ohio State is going to BOOM BOOM BOOM soon. Crystal balls were flowing for 3 Top 10 players to Ohio State and the #2 Safety out of New Jersey

Two of those predictions are Defensive Backs to Ohio State, so maybe Derrick Davis will see that Ohio State is simply going to recruit over him in the next class. I also wonder about Kyle McCord (Ohio State's 2021 committed QB) since he has a 5 Star QB in the 2020 class ahead of him, and Quinn Ewers the #1 ranked 5 Star QB in the 2022 class behind him.
Does that make you🍦your pants?

$ounds like Ohio $tate has made some $ignificant offers

BOOOM BOOM BOOM? 🍌😮 Troll.

No, I am not a troll. But what I have found out is that the Ohio State insiders have a lot more "inside" information than the Penn State insiders. The Ohio State insiders seem to have more access to the coaching staff, players, and recruits. Since Ohio State and Penn State often recruit the same players, the information published by Ohio State insiders is often an indication as to where Penn State stands with regards to a recruit. BOOM is Ohio State's equivalent to WE ARE for Penn State, fyi.

Day is recruiting at levels that Urban Meyer never dreamed of.

If you take the top 20 kids from the 2021 and 2022 classes combined (so, the top-10 from each class), they're going to get a MINIMUM of 8 of them. 40% of the top-10 kids over a two year span. At least. Just insane.

Good to hear we're trending in a positive direction for Ivey. Would like to see Flowers commit soon as well.

Last edited:
Day is recruiting at levels that Urban Meyer never dreamed of.

If you take the top 20 kids from the 2021 and 2022 classes combined (so, the top-10 from each class), they're going to get a MINIMUM of 8 of them. 40% of the top-10 kids over a two year span. At least. Just insane.

Good to hear we're trending in a positive direction for Ivey. Would like to see Flowers commit soon as well.
It is pretty obvious that Ohio St is buying these kids. 8 top 10 kids over 2 cycles? Those kids are bought. I just don't know how much they received.

It is pretty obvious that Ohio St is buyingEd these kids. 8 top 10 kids over 2 cycles? Those kids are bought. I just don't know how much they received.

Here’s how you “buy” them.

1. They know they will be well coached.
2. They know they will have games on a big stage.
3. They know they will be playing for a elite team.
4 They know if they compete and win a spot they can play themselves into a high draft pick and huge dollars.

That’s how you buy players offer them a bright future.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Here’s how you “buy” them.

1. They know they will be well coached.
2. They know they will have games on a big stage.
3. They know they will be playing for a elite team.
4 They know if they compete and win a spot they can play themselves into a high draft pick and huge dollars.

That’s how you buy players offer them a bright future.
The same happens here and elsewhere. We don't have guys getting paid what they pay at Ohio $tate. That is incredibly obvious and has been the case for decades.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT