ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

He’s transferring to IMG, the football factory based here in beautiful Bradenton, FL. Also the heart of SEC country. It could definitely expose him to some better opportunities and competition as they play a national schedule.
Keeping Shelton as a committed recruit just got a lot harder since he will be living and playing in Florida, rather than in Pennsylvania. He will be exposed to the SEC and ACC day in and day out, and all of their respective commits while living and playing down in Florida.

Keeping Shelton as a committed recruit just got a lot harder since he will be living and playing in Florida, rather than in Pennsylvania. He will be exposed to the SEC and ACC day in and day out, and all of their respective commits while living and playing down in Florida.
And this is what we're up against!

OK. Thanks. Am not really too familiar with the list of 2022 commits, so I was not aware this was a concern. I now understand.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Aren’t IMG kids from all over though? It’s not like he’s moving to some school in Georgia where everyone is a Bulldog fans or the like

We have had a number of kids go to IMG (ie KJ Hamler, Noah Cain), but it just makes it a little more difficult to keep them as there are more eyes on them.

Why go to IMG for your final year? He already has a scholarship to a big time football program - what is the point? The weather?

Why go to IMG for your final year? He already has a scholarship to a big time football program - what is the point? The weather?
They have to keep developing even though they already have a scholarship in hand. He’ll get better coaching there than what he could possibly get at his high school and will be more prepared for college ball

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
They have to keep developing even though they already have a scholarship in hand. He’ll get better coaching there than what he could possibly get at his high school and will be more prepared for college ball

Eh, still seems strange.

As long as he maintains his verbal into signing a LOI, I'm all for him going there to get acclimated to the college game (coaching, weight lifting, eating, away from home, etc).

Same reason Saint Francis in Baltimore has kids from all over the country, they get to play a National schedule have access to better resources than their High School and compete every day at practice against similar level of athletes.

Reactions: djr4rebs
Same reason Saint Francis in Baltimore has kids from all over the country, they get to play a National schedule have access to better resources than their High School and compete every day at practice against similar level of athletes.

I can see doing this in 9th grade; not for one year. That's just me.

If he is indeed committing soon, I’m surprised how little attention this news is getting.

An absolute game wrecker at a position of dire need right now. Borderline 5* on all sites.

Indeed.

Enai White is still the tops on the wish list at DE, but with high interest from OSU and the SEC elites, no sense in counting on him coming. This would be a great get at the DE position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT