ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Interesting.

Would be a pleasant surprise. Perhaps it's also a case where the longer this drags out, the better for us. Waiting until December may benefit us -- give Scott a chance to further build a relationship?
If we are in the lead and he drags it out; how could that be a good thing?

Reactions: TheGLOV
If we are in the lead and he drags it out; how could that be a good thing?

Seeing as though most think Michigan has been in the driver's seat all along, for him to decide that he wants to wait a bit more cannot be a good thing for Michigan -- particularly if momentum appears to be taking him away from Michigan and toward PSU.

Last edited:

In his profile, he self-describes as a 6* long snapper.

The hell with 5* kids. Give me the 6* studs.

Edit: Per the Rubio Long Snapping criteria, a 6* is described as the following: "Perfect mentality, size, athleticism, spiral, speed and consistency. Freshman Year Starter at any College/University, All-Conference on Day 1 of College, Scholarship Pick"

Seeing as though most think Michigan has been in the driver's seat all along, for him to decide that he wants to wait a bit more cannot be a good thing for Michigan -- particularly if momentum appears to be taking him away from Michigan and toward PSU.

Since Michigan has done so well in NJ lately and Penn State not so much, right??

With his sister playing hoops there and many campus visits, the delay pretty much means one thing, he’s struggling with the fit and his level of comfort at UM. He’s recently said how important fit/comfort level are. It’s pretty obvious that PSU has made a very strong impression on him and going to UM is no longer an easy decision. I think Penn State can win him over.

Kind of surprised Rutgers is only Big Ten school in his top 6. Maybe looking more at baseball options.

That's always been the theme. Seems like the theme is warm-weather schools where he can play football and baseball at a high level, Elijah Robinson, and the hometown school. Looks like he can mash the hell out of the ball.

Has Davis been able to visit any of those schools? I know he's seen PSU, OSU, and Pitt.
No, his whole thing has been that he wanted to get out on a few official visits to the southern schools. Originally that was supposed to be this spring, then that turned into the summer, then the fall, and now it looks like it won't happen at all because he's enrolling early. This cycle has been the exception to a lot of the conventional wisdom (see: Gilliam, Kelvin) but I don't think Davis ever ended up taking the southern swing that he intended on doing.

It feels like we've experienced Davis' situation over and over this cycle - we're the perceived leader and the tide turns quickly as the decision arrives. But in all those other scenarios, the lead recruiter/staff position has had some recent turnover. Davis and Terry Smith have been tight for years and it really feels like it would be tough for his family to turn that down.

It feels like we've experienced Davis' situation over and over this cycle - we're the perceived leader and the tide turns quickly as the decision arrives. But in all those other scenarios, the lead recruiter/staff position has had some recent turnover. Davis and Terry Smith have been tight for years and it really feels like it would be tough for his family to turn that down.
$$$ talks

Ryan Snyder, according to the front page, forecasts Mr. Davis to Penn State 1 hour ago. (Not sure how old the 1-hr. ago info is). Probably longer than an hour but I'll take it.

I don't usually watch a lot of player clips because there are so many variables and you're only seeing the plays they want you to see but I gotta say, after watching Davis' highlights on TOS I'm really impressed. He's a stud. He's instinctual, tough, explosive, fast and has great size. I hope he comes to PSU cuz he's gonna be a very good college player and probably a future NFLer.

I don't usually watch a lot of player clips because there are so many variables and you're only seeing the plays they want you to see but I gotta say, after watching Davis' highlights on TOS I'm really impressed. He's a stud. He's instinctual, tough, explosive, fast and has great size. I hope he comes to PSU cuz he's gonna be a very good college player and probably a future NFLer.
All I know is that the kid has probably been a top-3 player in the WPIAL from the time he first stepped on the field as a freshman. He's shown it week after week for four years playing against some of the best that part of the state has to offer. Those kinds of kids usually turn out pretty good in college. He's just a flat out football player - you could probably put him at 6 or 7 positions across both sides of the ball and he'd be able to play them at a high level.

All I know is that the kid has probably been a top-3 player in the WPIAL from the time he first stepped on the field as a freshman. He's shown it week after week for four years playing against some of the best that part of the state has to offer. Those kinds of kids usually turn out pretty good in college. He's just a flat out football player - you could probably put him at 6 or 7 positions across both sides of the ball and he'd be able to play them at a high level.
Have seen him play in person multiple times and agree. And coaching he gets at Penn State should make him even better (Gateway is a little undisciplined now-a-days).

Link please.

My favorite play was when he caught up to the WR who had a 10 yard lead on him and he positioned himself to to not just tackle the runner, but to pop the football out of his hands. He runs like a good sprinter......he runs relaxed and really does not look like he is super fast, but he is running by everybody on the field. He looks big as well.....I could see him as a 210 pound free safety.....great ball skills, hits hard....great angles....one play he is in the middle of the field and he takes off to cut off a wide receiver down the sideline.....very impressive player.

Last edited:
My favorite play was when he caught up to the WR who had a 10 yard lead on him and he positioned himself to to not just tackle the runner, but to pop the football out of his hands. He runs like a good sprinter......he runs relaxed and really does not look like he is super fast, but he is running by everybody on the field. He looks big as well.....I could see him as a 210 pound free safety.....great ball skills, hits hard....great angles....I play he is in the middle of the field and he takes off to cut off a wide receiver down the sideline.....very impressive player.

I remember that play as well. He's like a man among boys while playing against some pretty good competition.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT