ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Several posters in this thread regarding the 2021 class (even though Franklin himself said it isn't good enough):

dRERL0j.gif

Still waiting for you to show us those positive posts you said you've made.

Looks like New Jersey 4* DT George Rooks may be making a decision within the next week. Between Michigan and PSU, though Michigan holds both CB picks. Michigan has really recruited NJ well lately.......us, not so much.

Could really use a DT commit in this class.

Looks like New Jersey 4* DT George Rooks may be making a decision within the next week. Between Michigan and PSU, though Michigan holds both CB picks. Michigan has really recruited NJ well lately.......us, not so much.

Could really use a DT commit in this class.

Where have we recruited well? I guess Michigan?

You’re clueless. Last 3 classes Michigan has recruited one 4 star, a few 3 stars, and a 2 star out of NJ. Penn State has recruited three 4 stars and a 3 star.

Michigan got both RJ Moten and Jordan Morant last year -- both composite 4* kids. They lead for Rooks in this class, and they lead for Jaeden Gould in 2022.

So, you didn't even get the basic numbers right.

Michigan got both RJ Moten and Jordan Morant last year -- both composite 4* kids. They lead for Rooks in this class, and they lead for Jaeden Gould in 2022.

So, you didn't even get the basic numbers right.

Clueless. If you go back 4 years add a 5 and 4 star to PSU from NJ. Nobody to UM. Still say PSU hasn’t recruited NJ well?? Stick to crystal ball picks.

Clueless. If you go back 4 years add a 5 and 4 star to PSU from NJ. Nobody to UM. Still saying PSU hasn’t recruited NJ well?? Stick to crystal ball picks.

Resorting to childish insults is your schtick. But when I say "lately", I'm referring to the past few years. If you want to make your own claim with your own time horizon, be my guest and post something original for a change.

I've seen 4-year-olds behave more maturely when confronted with an opinion they don't like. Grow up.

(Funny you mention CBs.......I still recall the way you insulted people who mentioned the Wiltfong CB pick for Rucci and the suggestion that he was onto something. So, do you really want me to "stick to crystal balls"? Or only when it's something you want to hear?)

The good news is, I think Trautwein is going to do great things with the O-line.

Obviously we've had our asses handed to us in OL recruiting this cycle. It is what it is.

Who else is on the O-line board? Are we a player for Yousef Mugharbil? I seem to recall him mentioning us awhile back.

Not an OL prospect, but whatever happened to Yulkeith Brown? Wasn't he on the verge of committing to us a few months ago?

Reactions: TheGLOV
The good news is, I think Trautwein is going to do great things with the O-line.

Obviously we've had our asses handed to us in OL recruiting this cycle. It is what it is.

Who else is on the O-line board? Are we a player for Yousef Mugharbil? I seem to recall him mentioning us awhile back.

Not an OL prospect, but whatever happened to Yulkeith Brown? Wasn't he on the verge of committing to us a few months ago?

Dunno - I don't get too worked up about recruiting anymore. I deleted pretty much all recruiting related items from my twitter feed a while ago but must have missed the 247 one; I didn't see it posted here so I thought I'd share.

I just read online that Diego Pounds silently committed to Penn State back in August (last month) and then decommitted to the staff last night in order to announce for UNC today. Very unfortunate.

Actually makes a lot of sense, then they whispered the silent commitment to the recruiting guys, which, lets face it, have an inside

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
Actually makes a lot of sense, then they whispered the silent commitment to the recruiting guys, which, lets face it, have an inside
The possibility exists that this year's OL turns heads and perhaps an OL recruit like Pounds flips to PSU.

The possibility exists that this year's OL turns heads and perhaps an OL recruit like Pounds flips to PSU.

I don't see an OL recruit "like Pounds" flipping. Not out of the question, but I believe it more likely that a more local OL recruit (PA/NY/NH/VA) that has already been to PSU and that is already familiar with the program and game day experience might reconsider and want into this class if the staff branches out their interest now that another target is committed elsewhere. Once a NC player commits to UNC I just don't see him coming north to a place he's not familiar with..........

Pure speculation, but maybe a player like Bennett Pitcher out of MA who already shows up as having a PSU offer and does not show up as "warm" to any program yet but still a decent offer sheet.........

Or maybe try and flip a Pitt OT commit such as Brandon Honorable out of MI that the staff's contacts in MI would know about. Although that would not be very honorable on his part to flip.......;);)

Or maybe CJF just takes the best available players to fill the class and with the slim pickens at OT just goes after 4 top 300 OT's in the 2022 class.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar81 and TheGLOV
I don't see an OL recruit "like Pounds" flipping. Not out of the question, but I believe it more likely that a more local OL recruit (PA/NY/NH/VA) that has already been to PSU and that is already familiar with the program and game day experience might reconsider and want into this class if the staff branches out their interest now that another target is committed elsewhere. Once a NC player commits to UNC I just don't see him coming north to a place he's not familiar with..........

Pure speculation, but maybe a player like Bennett Pitcher out of MA who already shows up as having a PSU offer and does not show up as "warm" to any program yet but still a decent offer sheet.........

Or maybe try and flip a Pitt OT commit such as Brandon Honorable out of MI that the staff's contacts in MI would know about. Although that would not be very honorable on his part to flip.......;);)

Or maybe CJF just takes the best available players to fill the class and with the slim pickens at OT just goes after 4 top 300 OT's in the 2022 class.
No matter how you slice it, this has been a very disappointing year...as defined by CJF...and this just adds to the disappointment. Hopefully we can catch a positive bounce or two on the recruiting trail...before the signatures are affixed.

When global warming SCHMACKS universities south of Virginia 50 years from now Ohio St will be crowned out of the sacred book and Penn State will ride from the east. Keep playing at under 100 meters above sea level. I DARES ya.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Now that there has been time to grieve Pounds choosing UNC, what's next for the 2021 class? Which PSU target is next to commit? Rooks?

Can't see this thread being on the 2nd page.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT