ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Olympic Trials Results and discussion thread

Zain v Ash on Mat 4
Zain warned for passivity.
Zain from front headlock pushes out but both grounded.
Ash warned. Ash on clock. Zain 1-0.
Break.
Zain on clock, can't score. 1-1. Ash with criteria.
Zain gets to the legs, gets the two. 3-1 under a minute remaining.
Ash can't get near Zain's legs. Zain gets in, looking to turn. gotta be careful. Zain finally turns, 5-1 final.

Last edited:
On Track Wrestling is always has TMWC/NLWC next to names. Is TMWC Titan Mercury Wrestling Club? Why does it list both?

On Track Wrestling is always has TMWC/NLWC next to names. Is TMWC Titan Mercury Wrestling Club? Why does it list both?
I believe Titan is more of a money things versus a training club, but I could be wrong, many are TMWC while also listing another.

Reactions: hlstone
How did Ashnault get a pushout but Zain did not? FS still confuses me. Nevermind.

As annoying as it is to have to use yet another streaming service, I have to say these Peacock streams have been flawless. I'll take it!

Reactions: Grass
Cenzo up 1-0 on Chance.
Chance with a single, lifts, gets the two.
Cenzo with a double, slides behind, up 3-2 at break.
Chance had Cenzo dead to rights, looked to score, but Cenzo gets away.
Cenzo gets an ankle.
Chance gets a shot clock point (which is a mystery b/c Cenzo was aggressor all match), wins 3-3.

Last edited:
Late in Zain's match, after he gave up passivity point the score board on TV showed 31 between his name and score, any idea why? Earlier when on the clock it was showing that time counting down, but then static at 31

That passivity seemed suspect at best on Cenzo. Even Sparks was saying the Cenzo was the aggressor in the match

Late in Zain's match, after he gave up passivity point the score board on TV showed 31 between his name and score, any idea why? Earlier when on the clock it was showing that time counting down, but then static at 31
They just don't always remove it. Sometimes you'll see it continue to count (upwards).

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hotshoe and PASLP2
The NBC clocks have been inaccurate quite a bit. In this case, it didn't mean anything. Just a left over from an earlier passivity call.

Bo v PD3 on Mat 3
Downey with a shaved head
Downey with a go-behind up 2-0. Bo stepped into it.
Bo warned for passivity.
Bo tries a duck, stops short.
Downey looking for front headlock, stops, Bo gets behind. 2-2.
Sweep single by Bo, 4-2.
Break.
Step out for Nickal. 5-2.
Nickal gets a double, and feet to back, 9-2
Step out Downey, 9-3.
NIckal drops levels, gets two. 11-3.
Another duck attempt by Bo, who wraps up legs and goes back door for the tech, 13-3.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT