ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Olympic Trials Results and discussion thread

I see on Twitter news that Cox is appealing. I hope he wins.
But on what basis? I guess I am of the point that if all know the time weight needs to be made and he doesn't make that then it is on him. Now if there was some mix up and he wasn't allowed to work out then that is different.

But on what basis? I guess I am of the point that if all know the time weight needs to be made and he doesn't make that then it is on him. Now if there was some mix up and he wasn't allowed to work out then that is different.
What I'm hearing (which, who knows) is that he showed up late but was at weight.

They're starting this round, Gilman is up on Mat 3.
Gilman given two at edge on a weird sequence that might've been a slip.
Gilman with a leg, converts at edge for two more. 4-0.
Step out, 5-0. Break.
Gilman controlling center, Richards can't get much going.
Second period
Gilman gets a leg and again converts OOB. 7-0.
Gilman with a cradle, turns him, has him flat, ref misses it entirely, now scoots over there, it doesn't matter, it's 11-0.

I am on Peacock but only have mat #1 with no "buttons" to switch mats. Help please
Update: Got it. :)

Last edited:
Gilman had him flat as a pancake for 3-4 seconds and the ref caught none of it. It mattered not, but what they hell, get your ass in position man. These matches are important.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Fix with a TD and four guts and ends that ends Sean Russell's cinderella story.

Colon was down 8-2 vs Gross and came up with a 4 point move at edge. Gross appealed and lost, and it ended 9-8 Colon.

he absolutely exposed past 90 in that last exchange of the bout, but didn’t have a brick to throw.
giphy.gif

Lee JO, missed the start, JO up 2-0. Winner gets Yianni, who scored easily on Frank. Sounds like Frank took his shoes off too.
JO converts a double, 4-0. Break.
JO gets four off a double OOB. 8-0.
Nick gets a leg and turns it into two, 8-2.
Nick gets a point off a caution, 8-3, under :30 though.
Time runs out, Oliver wins 8-3.

McKenna going to take out James Green, for whom 65kg again proves to be too big a cut.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT