ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

No way Iowa would illegally tamper with another school's student-athlete. That would be like cheating.
As long as T&T didn't offer him, it's all legal now. Any teams "bag man" (like Slumlord Bob) can call them up and make the offer.

Are you sure? I could have sworn Tom Ryan said the rule changed and anyone but staff can talk to kids now.

Reactions: mcpat
I actually don't hate this one too much. He is a grad transfer. He went to the school, competed for 4 years (including an undefeated national championship season), and graduated. He's actually fulfilled the commitment he made to the school in full. Then he took a legitimate ORS year to train exclusively for the Olympic trials, and now he is coming back for a final year to compete and get a masters degree because he has a 5th year of eligibility due to the pandemic. I don't have a big problem with that.
Good way to look it actually

Reactions: goldenanimal
Saban is pissed because he can't weird iron clad control over the athletes who have earned for Nick several hundred million dollars.
Probably not the reason Saban retired. More than likely a case of different value systems and trouble relating.

Saban could be holding on to the ideal of putting in one's time before reaping rewards. Earlier this week, I was in the WVA town, Monongah, of Nick Saban's High School. If one grew up in he time (1968) and place he did and holds firmly to those ideals, it's pretty easy to look jadedly at those who prefer more immediate rewards as their top priority.

Agree! Not sure how this is a bad thing in any way. Checks all the boxes for a feel-good story
  • Athlete cashing in while competing in an Olympic sport - CHECK
  • Graduated from his school before leaving - CHECK
  • Raised the profile of his hometown program before leaving - CHECK
  • Possibly going to Iowa - OOPS
Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Good for Alirez.

Probably not the reason Saban retired. More than likely a case of different value systems and trouble relating.

Saban could be holding on to the ideal of putting in one's time before reaping rewards. Earlier this week, I was in the WVA town, Monongah, of Nick Saban's High School. If one grew up in he time (1968) and place he did and holds firmly to those ideals, it's pretty easy to look jadedly at those who prefer more immediate rewards as their top priority.
Senator Joe Manchin grew up in the town of Farmington which is about 10 miles away. Manchin played football for WVU.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Good Lord, the scales have tipped in favor of the athletes at least a little bit and everybody from Nick Saban on down is having a "the sky is falling" moment.

By all means let's go back to the days where someone like Jeremy Bloom is told he either has to return all the millions he earned in ski endorsement revenue if he wants to be the punt returner for the University of Colorado, or quit the football team.

We can suspend the Dunne girl from LSU's gymnastics team or return her millions of dollars generated from her social media footprint.

Freaking people seem to be extremely generous in forcing young people to give back their money.

If young folks using their athletic skills to earn small or large bags of cash is so freaking irritating, then go ahead and leave the room. I think, good for them.
I think you are addressing NIL and not the transfer portal in your post. Even professional athletes getting paid have a contract for a specified period so teams/coaches can plan for the future. By all means pay the NCAA athletes what they are worth in the marketplace, but what amounts to unlimited free agency is not beneficial to most schools or the sports in general.

That's completely false. They are considered representatives of the school and not allowed to make contact before the athlete enters the portal.
How about if they are only comparing notes about how athletes are handling knee injuries? Surely that must be kosher.

Can someone post the pic of AJ and Keuter in the Iowa weight room? It’s on the Intermat wrestling board. I always mess up the picture posting for some reason…guess I’m not too bright…lol.

The pic is comedy gold though!

Can someone post the pic of AJ and Keuter in the Iowa weight room? It’s on the Intermat wrestling board. I always mess up the picture posting for some reason…guess I’m not too bright…lol.

The pic is comedy gold though!
GMgcDcHWMAAT174

GMgcDcEWsAABs_K

Senator Joe Manchin grew up in the town of Farmington which is about 10 miles away. Manchin played football for WVU.
I work all through that area from time to time. Talk about boonies... lol. Never ran into Joe but did meet Mary Lou Rettons brother. Had no idea she was from Fairmont.

Keuter looks like he is trying to give his best Cael chin in that first Pic.

Are those pictures pre or post double birds?

Question for @Ski : Does an inserted image have to come from a URL site with an http:/ prefix, and never from a person's own computer?

Question for @Ski : Does an inserted image have to come from a URL site with an http:/ prefix, and never from a person's own computer?
I'm not ski but the answer is yes and yes. Use the link below to grab a an image off your computer and copy it to a hosting site. Hit the link and click "choose images", select the image and click the copy icon next to the link you want or go ahead and copy the whole link. Try a couple in the same post to see the difference and then delete out the ones you don't like.

EDIT: Paste the link in the body of the reply/quote, new post, etc that you want the photo to show.

Note: I like this hosting site but their are many others that work equally as well.

Last edited:
I'm not ski but the answer is yes and yes. Use the link below to grab a an image off your computer and copy it to a hosting site. Hit the link and click "choose images", select the image and click the copy icon next to the link you want or go ahead and copy the whole link. Try a couple in the same post to see the difference and then delete out the ones you don't like.

EDIT: Paste the linkin the body of the reply/quote, new post, etc that you want the photo to show.

Note: I like this hosting site but their are many others that work equally as well.

EDIT: Paste the link in the body of the reply/quote, new post, etc that you want the photo to show.

Thank you. Got an error with postimages, but was able to use another free site. It worked fine for an image I posted on the Terrell Barraclough thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT