ADVERTISEMENT

2020 B1G Tournament Session III Thread

Nice win by Verk. Still needs to find some offensive identity. Every time I watch him wrestle I keep asking what his strategy is? Upper body, 2 on 1, underhook, snap down and go behind, ankle pick ???? Something that he’s working toward. He just doesn’t seem to have a plan. He always seems to be on the defensive. If you’re gonna make some noise you have to dictate the pace.

Reactions: hohmadw
Lost track of the time-frame, who went down when,etc. did AB get put in while Cassar was still wrestling?

My point is, would we have burned AB if we still had Cassar?

Cassar and Brooks both wrestled the Lehigh dual. So they pulled Brooks with Cassar still healthy.

Reactions: mcruny42
Lost track of the time-frame, who went down when,etc. did AB get put in while Cassar was still wrestling?

My point is, would we have burned AB if we still had Cassar?

AB got pulled for the Lehigh dual. Cassar wrestler that night and beat Wood.

The ref for the Gross / Alvarez is the same clown who did the Psu vs Iowa Match. He’s clearly incompetent.... pathetic that he’s able to do such high level matches

The scoring in that Alvarez Gross sequence was questionable. Alvarez had a standing cradle locked but got a bit stuck trying to roll it through, and Gross had him in danger but probably not for a two count. Then Alvarez finally rolled Gross though. Challenge brick comes in and change in scoring apparently rolled clock back to before the roll through, giving Gross either a TD or danger points.

Based on Shak advancing to the 3rd place match by MFF, Verk should be the next to wrestle for 9th, right? Any thoughts on when he should be up?

With the push outs, I think Pyles thinks he is at a freestyle tournament and points are earned at everyone.
Pyles thinks we are back in the 1st year of the edge rule.

That year you could stick your head in the middle of your opponent's chest and march him off the mat and 70% of the refs would call it stalling every single time.

Then they cleaned up the interpretation.

Now, everyone sees it for what it is - sticking your head in the middle of your opponent's chest and marching forward. It's not stalling on the opponent unless he backs straight OFF the mat OR you're in Carver with 10K screaming at you.

It is what it is with Pyles and crew, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

I shouldn't say crew because there are a few left that know their sh#t. But unfortunately they are less and less the face of that company.

I hate to knock him for being aggressive but it was just stupid wrestling by Lyon there. He had 15 second RT advantage, Assad has done nothing offensively besides counter, no reason to take a shot there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT