ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Are there three or four games left? They have to be close to clinching top seed.

4 games left for the Sixers:
- Pacers on Tuesday (away)
- Heat on Thursday (away)
- Magic on Friday (home)
- Magic on Sunday (a week from tomorrow) (home)

Their magic number for clinching the #1 seed was 3 entering the game. The Bucks didn't play today, so that means the magic number is now 2.

Simmons, Curry, and Korkmaz were all out tonight but listed as day to day. Korkmaz has been nursing an ankle but the other two probably sat out do back to back games, managing their playing time. The Miami game should be their only real test left on the schedule and it wouldn’t surprise me if some others were held out to rest up. In the meantime Maxey starts and has one of his best games as a Sixer scoring 22 points, while Howard got 19 off the bench subbing for Embid.

Last edited:
If it shakes out, who do we want round 3, nets or bucks?

Hard to say, as the Nets have not faced the Sixers when their big 3 are all healthy. Harden seems to believe he'll be able to go in the playoffs -- who knows. The Nets aren't known for their D, so they'd be my preference, but too many unknowns with them to say for sure.

The Bucks seem to offer more match-up problems for the Sixers, and Giannis is a force.

Sixers vs. the Pacers tonight. They got outscored by 11 in the 3rd quarter, and by 9 in the 4th quarter (where they missed a bunch of shots down the stretch), and their 8-game win streak came to an end, as they lost 104-93. The Sixers lead at the half, 62-51.

Would have been nice to lock up the 1 seed tonight.

Reactions: jmorovich
Sixers were short handed, Simmons disappeared in the second half after a great first half, and Danny Green had a rough night shooting. I feel like there were some questionable calls by the refs down the stretch.

Hopefully Joel is back for the Heat. If he plays this game they destroy the Pacers. They didn’t have anyone who could have checked him.

Sixers getting smoked early. Jimmy Butler on fire. Let’s hope the Heat ease up like the Sixers do every game when up big.

It might be time to move on to the Magic already.

I bailed...couldn’t let them ruin my night. Embiid still looks off. I hate the Heat.

I watched part of the 3rd qtr and all of the 4th qtr. Well, more accurately, I had it on in the background while I was working on a tax return. Neither the game nor the tax return were all that satisfying. :(

Projecting ahead, is it likely the Sixers will have to face the Miami Heat in the second round of the playoffs, assuming the Heat gets past Atlanta?

When did the PA announcer in Wells Fargo start yelling the time on the shot clock?? It’s super annoying...

FIFTEEN.....TEN.....FIVE...FOUR...THREE.

I get it Matt Cord!! Shut the hell up!

Not much else to complain about so...

When did the PA announcer in Wells Fargo start yelling the time on the shot clock?? It’s super annoying...

FIFTEEN.....TEN.....FIVE...FOUR...THREE.

I get it Matt Cord!! Shut the hell up!

Not much else to complain about so...

When the teams came out of the 2nd half, the shot clock at one end was not working. Facilities worked on it a bit, but could not get it to work. So they turned the shot clock off at the other end. They put a small, backup shot clock on the floor in the corner at each end, but it's not all that visible to the players. So the PA announcer announces 15, 10, and then counts down from 5. I find it kind of amusing, but don't have any trouble tuning it out.

When the teams came out of the 2nd half, the shot clock at one end was not working. Facilities worked on it a bit, but could not get it to work. So they turned the shot clock off at the other end. They put a small, backup shot clock on the floor in the corner at each end, but it's not all that visible to the players. So the PA announcer announces 15, 10, and then counts down from 5. I find it kind of amusing, but don't have any trouble tuning it out.
I feel like a silly goose now. That makes sense. I bailed for awhile to eat dinner and missed that.

Is it wrong of me to WANT the Celtics to fall to the 8th spot? My soul needs a Celtic beating to happen at the hands of the Sixers in the playoffs.

Is it wrong of me to WANT the Celtics to fall to the 8th spot? My soul needs a Celtic beating to happen at the hands of the Sixers in the playoffs.

I'd love it, between all the history in the rivalry, the Celtics fleecing former Sixers GM Bryan Colangelo in the 2017 draft (not that it was much of a challenge to fleece Colangelo), and the Celtics looking to be set up for quite some time with great draft picks (which they haven't used all that well). Plus, there is this:

Thanks for NOTHING Washington! Got beat by 2 players (3 if you count Russell Westbrook’s play).

Now I gotta pull for the Pacers. I don’t want to take a chance against Beal and have him get hot for a couple games and extend the series.

If the sixers face Miami round 2, what’s your “we win” comfort level,
high, medium or low?
IF they have to face Miami it won’t be until the eastern conference finals.

That being said I’m not worried about that. No chance they beat the Bucks AND the Nets and IF they do the Sixers will have played the Pacers/Wizards and the Knicks/Hawks. I think the Sixers will be in good shape to beat the heat.

My guess is the Heat don’t even sniff the Eastern conf finals tho.

IF they do the Sixers will have played the Pacers/Wizards and the Knicks/Hawks. I think the Sixers will be in good shape to beat the heat.
Wizards? What an I missing? Thought I just read the Celtics beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT