ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Good Job Tom!!

lol. I hesitated to key that in, but it was my honest opinion. And now the Sixers are only up by 3. They finally put JoJo and Simmons back in, but it' hasn't made a big difference, as the Sixers have gone stone cold from the field.

Sixers were up by 22 in the 4th quarter, and then got out worked, out hustled, and threw up a lot of poor shots.

Sixers fans started a "KD sucks" chant a few times in the last minute of the game. (idiotic chant)

Ben missed 3 FTs in the last few minutes.

Final, Sixers won, 123-117

Embed left the game and the Sixers offense left with him. It didn’t look like they had another scoring option, and they looked confused. They missed him on defense as well especially with Howard not playing tonight. When Embid returned he looked tired and was falling to the floor on every touch trying to get a foul call. His shooting percentage wasn’t good tonight but he had 39 points and was his usual reliable self from the free throw line.

They could easily have a let down against the Clippers Friday night after putting all that effort out vs Brooklyn. It’s not back to back but close to it. Hopefully somebody comes through as the third scorer, Korkmaz or Milton presumably.

No Kawhi Leonard for the Clippers. And the Sixers nearly gave away the game in the 3rd qtr early 4th qtr. But the Sixers played well down the stretch (for the most part), and won the game, 106-103

Clap your hands ...

Reactions: whart and jmorovich
No Kawhi Leonard for the Clippers. And the Sixers nearly gave away the game in the 3rd qtr early 4th qtr. But the Sixers played well down the stretch (for the most part), and won the game, 106-103

Clap your hands ...
The 76ers were missing Curry, Harris, and Howard tonight. It evens out. Doc is doing a very good job of coaching this team.

Last edited:
So both Harris and Simmons are out tonight. Harris is nursing a sore knee which is reported as to be improving but Simmons is out due to illness. Am I the only one who is suspicious regarding the nature of this illness? It’s tough to win missing 2 of your best three players. BTW Hill is playing tonight for the first time since the trade. They are currently trailing by 5 heading into the 4th quarter.

Sixers definitely looking a little off tonight. Very sloppy for a home game.

when you have 40% of your starting lineup out, it has a way of making your team look a "little off."

I think the Sixers have looked pretty good. The absence of Tobias has hurt, as it's allowed the Warriors to focus on JoJo.

The game was pretty much a tie going into he 4th quarter. Steph's 3s have been a dagger in the 4th quarter. Plus the Sixers had a tough time finding a consistent 2nd threat in the 4th quarter. Maxey and Green provided some offense, but not consistently throughout the period.

Final, 107-96, GSW

when you have 40% of your starting lineup out, it has a way of making your team look a "little off."

I think the Sixers have looked pretty good. The absence of Tobias has hurt, as it's allowed the Warriors to focus on JoJo.

The game was pretty much a tie going into he 4th quarter. Steph's 3s have been a dagger in the 4th quarter. Plus the Sixers had a tough time finding a consistent 2nd threat in the 4th quarter. Maxey and Green provided some offense, but not consistently throughout the period.

Final, 107-96, GSW
They missed Simmons on defense. Curry just abused them.

James Harden reinjured his hamstring and is "back at square one". Sounds like he wont be back for the rest of the regular season. That should help the Sixers clinch the East.

No Seth, Ben, or Tobias tonight against one of the best teams in the league. What is going on with Simmons and this “illness”?

D03-DA385-60-D1-4-D01-BA40-C99625-D4708-B.gif

No Seth, Ben, or Tobias tonight against one of the best teams in the league. What is going on with Simmons and this “illness”?

D03-DA385-60-D1-4-D01-BA40-C99625-D4708-B.gif
I said the same about Simmons a few posts ago. He’s living the good life and I wonder if there is something going on. He’s a young super athlete whose job is taking care of his body, but he periodically misses games due to stomach flu or some such thing. Hopefully his illnesses are legitimate and not the result of some sort of lifestyle problem.

Last edited:
Sixers lose but so do the Nets. No one got hurt. That’s pretty much all I have to say about tonight.

My feeling- these guys miss so many games, I just don't see it all coming together. Its crazy to see Embiid out there without anyone else. It seems like a healthy year for him, and even he has missed a lot of games. I doubt they will hang onto #1.

My feeling- these guys miss so many games, I just don't see it all coming together. Its crazy to see Embiid out there without anyone else. It seems like a healthy year for him, and even he has missed a lot of games. I doubt they will hang onto #1.
FWIW, this seems to be pretty common around the league. The Sixers are not outliers in this regard.

Reactions: Delco Lion
FWIW, this seems to be pretty common around the league. The Sixers are not outliers in this regard.

"load management"....... Doc Rivers said Simmons missed the last game due to a stomach issues, but wasnt exactly sure yesterday why Simmons was missing last nights game. Also I get Thybulle is a defensive freak, but he played 38 minutes last night and had zero points.

And now they go back to back against a good Milwaukee Bucks team missing the same 3 starters. This one could be a blow out loss.

Is Simmon’s illness something to do with some financial issues between him and some of his siblings? This is just rumor but I’m not convinced he has a stomach flu which has lasted this long.

Is Simmon’s illness something to do with some financial issues between him and some of his siblings? This is just rumor but I’m not convinced he has a stomach flu which has lasted this long.

Its probably somehow related to this "story".

Its probably somehow related to this "story".

Yikes. This would make sense as to why Doc seems to have a code of silence for providing any sort of explanation as to why he is missing. This is a lot of shiz for anyone to have to deal with. I’m not clear as to what Ben’s relationship is with his half brother , but they will need to get things sorted before the team sinks too far down in the standings.

Yikes. This would make sense as to why Doc seems to have a code of silence for providing any sort of explanation as to why he is missing. This is a lot of shiz for anyone to have to deal with. I’m not clear as to what Ben’s relationship is with his half brother , but they will need to get things sorted before the team sinks too far down in the standings.
Ben and his half brother are very close. He's not Ben's Agent but he has been Ben's Manager since entering the league. And that's another wrinkle into this. According to Ben's sister, not only did Sean molest her but she claims to have proof that he's been stealing from Ben as his manager.
It's possible that it all hit the fan which is Ben's "sickness". Allegedly she pushed forward to come out with this just after the All Star break which was right around the time that Ben started struggling. It could just be a coincidence and he would've struggled anyway, but who knows?

Simmons has already been ruled out for Monday night’s game. That will be the 5th straight game he misses due to this illness. I feel bad for the other players, Embid in particular, who go out and bust their butts to try to get a win. The season is collapsing around them.

Simmons has already been ruled out for Monday night’s game. That will be the 5th straight game he misses due to this illness. I feel bad for the other players, Embid in particular, who go out and bust their butts to try to get a win. The season is collapsing around them.
Yeah I’m not buying the fact this is an “illness” anymore. This an odd Kyrie type thing. Maybe to do with his family, who knows

Rough week for the Sixers. Not only did they lose 4 straight and get smoked by the Bucks who were right behind them but the Nets continued to play well and got Durant back.

This Simmons thing is causing some issues. If he is legitimately sick it sounds very serious and you would think more details would be out. If this is a family thing and he’s the only person who is able to handle it that’s a whole different problem. You would think someone worth what he is would have “people”.

They better get on track quick, fast, and in a hurry with only a handful of games left.

EDIT: just read he has the flu and why he has missed 5 games....yeah...I’m not buying that.

Last edited:
Ben and his half brother are very close. He's not Ben's Agent but he has been Ben's Manager since entering the league. And that's another wrinkle into this. According to Ben's sister, not only did Sean molest her but she claims to have proof that he's been stealing from Ben as his manager.
It's possible that it all hit the fan which is Ben's "sickness". Allegedly she pushed forward to come out with this just after the All Star break which was right around the time that Ben started struggling. It could just be a coincidence and he would've struggled anyway, but who knows?

You just dont know what is true. The brother put out a statement saying the sister is mentally ill, is a long term drug abuser, and had her child taken away.

ADVERTISEMENT