ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

TOO much talent at WR?

Between current underclassmen and recruiting pipeline, are there good prospects at this position who will struggle for playing time?

Or is this just the way it is for elite recruiting like Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and now PSU?

We play 3 every down. So you need to rotate 6 minimum. Then they are among your most valuable special teams players returning kicks, returning punts, covering kicks and punts, etc. When you factor in a certain percentage aren't going to pan out, even if they are 4 stars....it's a group you have to keep stocked with blue chippers. And they really love Bell.

We play 3 every down. So you need to rotate 6 minimum. Then they are among your most valuable special teams players returning kicks, returning punts, covering kicks and punts, etc. When you factor in a certain percentage aren't going to pan out, even if they are 4 stars....it's a group you have to keep stocked with blue chippers. And they really love Bell.
Gotcha. We really are in a new zone in recruiting.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
All I know is the visitor list for next weekend is GD crazy. The White Out game is the signature recruiting event on the east coast and it's not even close.
Yeah, plus must see TV (the ratings should be tops)

Reminds me of Duke--Carolina basketball from Cameron; the PSU White Out game has become an institution and a season highlight that attracts recruits and fans.

Last edited:
Yeah, plus must see TV (the ratings should be tops)

Reminds of Duke--Carolina basketball from Cameron; the PSU White Out game has become an institution and a season highlight that attracts recruits and fans.

Where Penn State has entered new territory is all of the Texas, Florida, Louisiana and other southern state blue chip recruits coming up. Especially when you are getting visits from Alabama verbals and LSU verbals. That's a statement.

4992405.gif

Really, really want David Bell.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ng-Crystal-Ball-Trends-122271950/#122271950_1

Ahead of David Bell’s official visit to Penn State next weekend, the Nittany Lions still trail Purdue on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. The last three picks, however, are in favor of the good guys. Those include picks from 247Sports National Analysts Steve Wiltfong and Allen Trieu.

My main concern here is not Purdue but Iowa. Bell is visiting Iowa this weekend for their game against Wisconsin and is projected to take an official visit there after the season. He believes he can be the "go to receiver" at Iowa.

My main concern here is not Purdue but Iowa. Bell is visiting Iowa this weekend for their game against Wisconsin and is projected to take an official visit there after the season. He believes he can be the "go to receiver" at Iowa.

Probably meant “go to retriever”. As in, “go to retrieve the ball after the pass from the rag-armed Iowa QB has fallen woefully short.”

Keaton Ellis – "He’s got two interceptions in four games. He’s got six touchdowns on 12 receptions. He’s doing it all early in his senior season and the local Penn State commit looks like an absolute steal. The length and ball skills really jump out for Ellis and he also has top end testing numbers. He’s jumped up from a high three-star to a Top247 prospect." — Simmons 247SPORTS

That is pretty sick. Only Alabama and Georgia have more blue chip players than us. And they have 21 and 19 commits. Considering our blue chip ratio, it's interesting we are still only #14 in the 247 Composite team rankings and not higher.

I wouldn’t worry too much. If we don’t get Bell, we probably get Curry. It’s a new day. Not sure if we have room for both.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So...what recruits are coming to town for the White Out game this Saturday? Ya gotta figure CJF will have lots of seats reserved for prospects. Gameday is coming to Happy Valley too, right? (Do you guys remember when Joe canceled recruiting visits back in 2005 against OSU because he figured we didn't have enough time for the staff to both coach and entertain recruits? Sheesh!)

Are these all official visits? No doubt, the atmosphere will be insane. But I've got to think that all the coaches will be so focused on the game that they won't have much time to spend with the recruits. And (God forbid), the game doesn't go as planned for us....

Reactions: TheGLOV
Franklin said there are 175 recruits on unofficial vists (spread over 19, 20,21 classes) besides the official visitors.

Think I read somewhere there are only 8 recruits on official visits.

Edit: Brenton Strange, Jalen Curry, Rodas Johnson, Adisa Isaac, Noa Paulo-Gates and three others...

Last edited:
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...is-Ohio-State-Recruiting-White-Out-122492517/

Visitors mentioned in podcast coming to White Out

5* OT Darnell Wright
5* OG Kardell Thomas (LSU verbal)
4* RB Tyrion Davis (LSU verbal)
4* WR David Bell
4* DE Adisa Isaac
4* TE Brenton Strange
4* #39 overall CB Tyrique Stevenson
5* 2020 LB Antoine Sampah
5* 2020 DE Bryan Bresee (mentioned he's been to White Out 2017 and Lasch Bash as well)
5* 2020 WR Julian Fleming
4* 2020 DE Bryce Mostella
4* 2020 DE Darrion Henry
4* 2020 S Makari Page

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT