ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

I just don't think Harrison goes to OSU. He hates the process, and he's within spitting distance of campus. It would be so easy to make the process all go away and be the big hero, and yet, he hasn't done it. He has not shown his cards one bit. And, he's graduating early so he can get started (otherwise known as, get the hell out of there). He is going to wait until the last minute to pick, it would seem. All of this points to me that he is not going to OSU. He may not come here, but I just don't see how he picks OSU if he hasn't picked them by now.

It can't be THAT hard to pick a school. I think he just doesn't want the hassle of picking either us or UM, and then having to deal with all of the locals badgering him.
Like the graduating early part. He could commit last minute and avoid the local pushback that way. There are some serious crazies around that program.

I just don't think Harrison goes to OSU. He hates the process, and he's within spitting distance of campus. It would be so easy to make the process all go away and be the big hero, and yet, he hasn't done it. He has not shown his cards one bit. And, he's graduating early so he can get started (otherwise known as, get the hell out of there). He is going to wait until the last minute to pick, it would seem. All of this points to me that he is not going to OSU. He may not come here, but I just don't see how he picks OSU if he hasn't picked them by now.

It can't be THAT hard to pick a school. I think he just doesn't want the hassle of picking either us or UM, and then having to deal with all of the locals badgering him.

Will he be attending the O$U/PSU game? He doesn't seem to get caught up in all the limelight so perhaps it wouldn't have a big impact on him either way.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Like the graduating early part. He could commit last minute and avoid the local pushback that way. There are some serious crazies around that program.

Agree, I think it comes down to Michigan or PSU. I think it's just this kid wanting to get away from home. It happens. Don't think it's anything OSU has done - he just feel he needs to get away and be on his own from what I'm hearing.

Agree, I think it comes down to Michigan or PSU. I think it's just this kid wanting to get away from home. It happens. Don't think it's anything OSU has done - he just feel he needs to get away and be on his own from what I'm hearing.
If there’s a tree on his property or a convertible couch in the living room then UM’s chances are enhanced.

In spite of Urban's missteps, it will still be considered a major upset if Harrison ends up anywhere but in Columbus.

I use to think that but not so sure now. His cancelled announcement a couple of months ago has me thinking he wants to leave and is waiting until the last minute so he can "get the he!! out of Dodge" quickly without the expected flak from the local retards. But, who knows? This one's hard to figure out as he just doesn't divulge much.

Reactions: PSUPap
I use to think that but not so sure now. His cancelled announcement a couple of months ago has me thinking he wants to leave and is waiting until the last minute so he can "get the he!! out of Dodge" quickly without the expected flak from the local retards. But, who knows? This one's hard to figure out as he just doesn't divulge much.
What does make sense is if he was commiting to OSU, unless he is still really conflicted, he would’ve by now.

Reactions: seminnylion

This is exactly what I think. The Meyer scandal might even be providing a bit of cover for the wait, but that probably isn't that big of a factor. OSU's culture didn't change from June to September. It was simply confirmed. And if by some chance that is what Zach wants, then he's not a good fit for PSU anyway. I wish him well in whatever path he chooses. The differences should be clear.

8040103.jpg

Noa Pola-Gates
  • S
  • 6-0
  • HIGH SCHOOLWilliams Field
  • HOME TOWNGilbert, AZ
  • CLASS2019
247Sports Composite®

NATL
CB
AZ

Last edited:
Mrs. Harrison probably has to publically favor Ohio St based on her address

I live in Central Ohio and can understand if that's truly a front on her end. For those of you that have never experienced it, take my word for it that you'll never be around a larger group of a-hole rednecks in your life.

So I'm thinking there are 6-8 spots left in this class. Penn State seems to be in good position with more than just 6-8 kids. Here's my dream scenario for who we get, and then perhaps a more realistic assessment.

Dream scenario:

Harrison
Darnell Wright
Cine
Isaac
Bell
Cain
Strange
Harrison-Hunte

More likely:

Isaac
Strange
Harrison-Hunte
One of Bell/Curry/C.Johnson
Jakai Moore
Aaron Young

Great 2019 class either way!

This is exactly what I think. The Meyer scandal might even be providing a bit of cover for the wait, but that probably isn't that big of a factor. OSU's culture didn't change from June to September. It was simply confirmed. And if by some chance that is what Zach wants, then he's not a good fit for PSU anyway. I wish him well in whatever path he chooses. The differences should be clear.

OSU kids and PSU kids are mostly different. Always know PSU standards don't fit well with all. That is not to say kids who go to OSU or other schools have no standards etc. But we should all know by now that PSU and OSU have always been and always will be polar opposites in that regard. It's why I never flip out when we lose a kid to them. Prime examples are Pryor and Noah Spence. Things seem to work out in the end even if it means an extra loss or two during said kids tenure but keeping our integrity.

OSU kids and PSU kids are mostly different. Always know PSU standards don't fit well with all. That is not to say kids who go to OSU or other schools have no standards etc. But we should all know by now that PSU and OSU have always been and always will be polar opposites in that regard. It's why I never flip out when we lose a kid to them. Prime examples are Pryor and Noah Spence. Things seem to work out in the end even if it means an extra loss or two during said kids tenure but keeping our integrity.

Pryor who?

:eek:

Please. We would have thrown Parsons in with Pryor and Spence if he committed there. There are great kids that commit to both schools. Anecdotal evidence isn’t 100%.

Cmon man. PSU, OSU, and Michigan all recruit the same 4 and 5 star kids. These boards are great for entertainment until this kind of stuff starts. All of the BIG schools offer great opportunities in and after school for all kids....ALL.

wolve1972:

I would agree with your premise for the average student, but things are different for a member of a revenue-generating sport. They are almost their own little colleges within the universities as a whole. They mostly meet and socialize with the same ~100 other students, and they see a group of just a handful of people who supervise them (coaches, trainers, tutors) everyday. Certain programs emphasize academics and degrees, and others do not. Certain programs might be led by a head coach who truly wants Success with Honor, and others are not. I really think that the student--athletes who played under Paterno in his heyday were better prepared for life after football than those who played under Jimmy Johnson or Barry Switzer.

Parsons seems to be thriving in the Family Culture PSU provides rather than the Win-at-all-Costs culture at OSU.

Please. We would have thrown Parsons in with Pryor and Spence if he committed there. There are great kids that commit to both schools. Anecdotal evidence isn’t 100%.

So I'm thinking there are 6-8 spots left in this class. Penn State seems to be in good position with more than just 6-8 kids. Here's my dream scenario for who we get, and then perhaps a more realistic assessment.

Dream scenario:

Harrison
Darnell Wright
Cine
Isaac
Bell
Cain
Strange
Harrison-Hunte

More likely:

Isaac
Strange
Harrison-Hunte
One of Bell/Curry/C.Johnson
Jakai Moore
Aaron Young

Great 2019 class either way!

Don't forget about Johnny Dixon

https://bwi.rivals.com/news/four-star-db-johnny-dixon-sets-psu-official-visit

Also, I think the ship has just about sailed on Cain. And I'm kind of ok with that, we're in on some huge RB prospects in the 2020 class

Two things -
First, the guy on the field filming mad me laugh. Sorry, but he makes me feel healthy!
Second, CJF would be booed at my high school for not stopping everything for the high school band playing! :eek:

However, I really think that was pretty cool on CJF's part.

:cool:

OL

Last edited:
Really, really want David Bell.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ng-Crystal-Ball-Trends-122271950/#122271950_1

Ahead of David Bell’s official visit to Penn State next weekend, the Nittany Lions still trail Purdue on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. The last three picks, however, are in favor of the good guys. Those include picks from 247Sports National Analysts Steve Wiltfong and Allen Trieu.

Bell and Curry both plan to be at the white out next week, correct?

Really, really want David Bell.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ng-Crystal-Ball-Trends-122271950/#122271950_1

Ahead of David Bell’s official visit to Penn State next weekend, the Nittany Lions still trail Purdue on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. The last three picks, however, are in favor of the good guys. Those include picks from 247Sports National Analysts Steve Wiltfong and Allen Trieu.
TOO much talent at WR?

Between current underclassmen and recruiting pipeline, are there good prospects at this position who will struggle for playing time?

Or is this just the way it is for elite recruiting like Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and now PSU?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT