ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Texas A&M boards talking about one of their verbals going to the white out.

giphy.gif

It feels like the staff could add up to 10 more in this class. There's way too much talent visiting from the '19 that can't be turned down. An insane amount of talent. Natural class attrition, injuries, early draft enrollees. Is there another single game in the country this season bringing this much talent to sidelines for school visits?

Not to mention the amount of talent from the '20 class.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Even with a loss on Saturday (god forbid) we will still have the white out atmosphere that can’t matched anywhere else and the recruits can buy into being part of taking the last step to a national championship and kings of the big ten.

Looks like the weather will cooperate, at least according to Accuweather forecast for Saturday; partly cloudy, high of 65, down to 44 by late evening.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Even with a loss on Saturday (god forbid) we will still have the white out atmosphere that can’t matched anywhere else and the recruits can buy into being part of taking the last step to a national championship and kings of the big ten.

Agree. The white out atmosphere needs to be sustained through the entire game. That's why I'm hoping that if we don't win it is at least a close game. We win long term if it's close. Despite the potential of our offense this year looks like a rebuilding year.

Agree. The white out atmosphere needs to be sustained through the entire game. That's why I'm hoping that if we don't win it is at least a close game. We win long term if it's close. Despite the potential of our offense this year looks like a rebuilding year.

How can it be a rebuilding year with Trace McSorley at QB?

Certainly possible this team will improve as younger guys get more playing experience, but this team is perfectly capable of beating Ohio State and any other team on the schedule. Currently sit at 4-0 if you hadn't noticed.

Certainly possible this team will improve as younger guys get more playing experience, but this team is perfectly capable of beating Ohio State and any other team on the schedule. Currently sit at 4-0 if you hadn't noticed.

There are three phases to the game: Offense, defense, and everything else (special teams).

Most of the faces on defense are new, via graduation or other forms of attrition, so I consider it in the process of being rebuilt. Others on this board have used the same term. This is independent of what may or may not happen in games. We might still be better overall than everyone in the conference. I don't think that is necessarily true, but the score in games might work itself out that way. If it did, we would be legitimate champions.

We're really talking about semantics. I assume that you interpret rebuilding to mean we will lose more games than normal. That would merely be a different interpretation for the word.

There are three phases to the game: Offense, defense, and everything else (special teams).

Most of the faces on defense are new, via graduation or other forms of attrition, so I consider it in the process of being rebuilt. Others on this board have used the same term. This is independent of what may or may not happen in games. We might still be better overall than everyone in the conference. I don't think that is necessarily true, but the score in games might work itself out that way. If it did, we would be legitimate champions.

We're really talking about semantics. I assume that you interpret rebuilding to mean we will lose more games than normal. That would merely be a different interpretation for the word.
Minus a huge turnover night, this game will be close. PSU has more than a punchers chance at home as well. Yes some young players need to grow up in a hurry, but tOSU is fighting the same battles with their back 7. This defense will get better as will tOSU's more than likely. Franklin has this program a lot closer to a reload vs. a rebuild...will be even more so after this next class.

Reactions: bytir and royboy

Answer (if it wasn't obvious to anyone who follows the team): We have four (4) senior starters in their final year of eligibility. This is a rebuilding year by any measure, even if you have a great, seasoned QB under center.

Answer (if it wasn't obvious to anyone who follows the team): We have four (4) senior starters in their final year of eligibility. This is a rebuilding year by any measure, even if you have a great, seasoned QB under center.
I take that term "rebuilding" to mean there is very little chance for the team to win the conference and make the National playoffs. I don't agree with that, and having Trace at QB is an important (but not only) reason why.

But, perhaps, I'm being overly optimistic. Should have a good handle on the potential of this team after the Ohio State game.

In terms of recruiting, this is pure craziness. That isn’t hyperbole either. This group of recruits is as good as I have seen. I think it will be a good game and if it is.... the payoff will be pretty big the next couple of years.

Last edited:
BWI made their recruiting report from earlier this week on WR Jalen Curry free. It can be read at THIS LINK.
Thanks, Tom; he seems like an intelligent, talented kid with a serious interest in checking out PSU. The kind of kid who could get blown away by a weekend experience that includes campus, town, coaches, team, and White Out!

So White flipped from TAM to Penn State or is this just speculation?

Looks like TAMU verbal, local Harrisburg LB White, is attending the White Out. Could be just a visit.

Edit: Prior to his TAMU verbal, all 9 of his CBs predicted PSU. Doesn’t appear to have CB updates since before the verbal.

Perhaps we’ll hear more during or after the White Out, Ranger Dan.

This is what was posted by Smails.

Last edited:
Looks like TAMU verbal, local Harrisburg LB White, is attending the White Out. Could be just a visit, but all his CBs now predict PSU.

Perhaps we’ll hear more during or after the White Out, Ranger Dan.

This is what was posted by Smails.

FYI - Looks like all 9 CBs for Andre White Jr to PSU were made BEFORE White verbaled to TAMU in April 2018.

So, this may be a fresh look by White and we’ll just have to see if something develops.

Steve Wiltfong was on Bucknuts morning show talking recruiting. His take on 5* DE Zach Harrison visiting PSU for the White Out:

"My crystal ball is on Ohio State but if he ended up picking Penn State, I wouldn't be surprised. He has a good relationship with the PSU verbals and really admires the Penn State coaching staff. He really likes Penn State." Thinks the decision could come in December, but also could come at any time.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...hite-Out-at-Penn-State-Ron-Bellamy-122565239/

Wiltfong and Treiu podcast with extensive coverage of the White Out

Wiltfong comments

Visitors

4* DE Adias Isaac - best bet to verbal this weekend, PSU has stranglehold on his recruitment, has CB for PSU
4* TE Brenton Strange - tore up PSU camp this summer, CB for PSU, PSU/OSU battle
4* WR David Bell - PSU has set the tone with his recruitment, 2nd visit for his Mom, announcing in Jan
3* LB Andre White
3* OL Jakai Moore - OSU/PSU/SC battle, CB for PSU, has a Penn State feel for SW
4* S Noah Pola Gates

2020 Class
#1 overall 5* DT Brian Bresee - CB with PSU, PSU/Georgia battle
#3 overall 5* WR Julian Fleming - CB with PSU, 3rd visit this fall
#1 APB 5* Chris Tyree - CB with PSU
5* ILB Antoine Sampah
5* DE Chris Braswell

2021 Class
5* OL Langdon Tangwell - CB with PSU

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...hite-Out-at-Penn-State-Ron-Bellamy-122565239/

Wiltfong and Treiu podcast with extensive coverage of the White Out

Wiltfong comments

Visitors

4* DE Adias Isaac - best bet to verbal this weekend, PSU has stranglehold on his recruitment, has CB for PSU
4* TE Brenton Strange - tore up PSU camp this summer, CB for PSU, PSU/OSU battle
4* WR David Bell - PSU has set the tone with his recruitment, 2nd visit for his Mom, announcing in Jan
3* LB Andre White
3* OL Jakai Moore - OSU/PSU/SC battle, CB for PSU, has a Penn State feel for SW
4* S Noah Pola Gates

2020 Class
#1 overall 5* DT Brian Bresee - CB with PSU, PSU/Georgia battle
#3 overall 5* WR Julian Fleming - CB with PSU, 3rd visit this fall
#1 APB 5* Chris Tyree - CB with PSU
5* ILB Antoine Sampah
5* DE Chris Braswell

2021 Class
5* OL Langdon Tangwell - CB with PSU

Interesting that Andre White will be there. Wonder if there is mutual interest at this point? His visit has not gone unnoticed on the Texas A&M msg boards.

Reactions: grinagrin
Think JF will pull a 2005 JoePa and cancel all visits so they can focus on the game?

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...g-weekend-vs-Ohio-State-122586933/#M122587169

“We’ve got the game going on,” Franklin said. “We’re gonna have 10 official visitors and their families that need to be picked up at the airport and checked into the hotel, shown everything, academic tours — all that kind of stuff — and the game’s going on.

“On top of that, we’re probably gonna have about 175 recruits on campus unofficially,” he added. “I’d say of that 175, say 60 of them are national recruits with 20 offers or more. Probably all of the best players in the region are gonna be here.”

ADVERTISEMENT