ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

I imagine Franklin wants to stand on his own accomplishments. Kind of admirable vs pumping pretend championships prior to internal combustion engines.

I'm not talking about pretend championships, although two are official. How about all those bowl trophies over the last several decades. Where are they?

Does urban only display Tosu trophies from his era? What do kids see at michigan, oklahoma, bama, etc.? It looks wrong for a program like Penn State to have just two trophies on display, unless the others are displayed elsewhere in Lasch.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'm not talking about pretend championships, although two are official. How about all those bowl trophies over the last several decades. Where are they?

Does urban only display Tosu trophies from his era? What do kids see at michigan, oklahoma, bama, etc.? It looks wrong for a program like Penn State to have just two trophies on display, unless the others are displayed elsewhere in Lasch.

They must be elsewhere - Franklin has at least five trophies of his own (six if there was something for the game in Ireland). Not to mention all the individual awards the players have won since he’s been coach (noting he also has a B1G Coach of the Year trophy).

Last edited by a moderator:
They must be elsewhere - Franklin has at least five trophies of his own (six if there was something for the game in Ireland). Not to mention all the individual awards the players have won since he’s been coach (noting he also has a B1G Coach of the Year trophy).

I should hope so. Which trophies are pictured? B1G championship and this year's Fiesta Bowl?

Let’s see if we can derail the recruiting thread again.:eek:

Let’s see if we can derail the recruiting thread again.:eek:

It is relevant to a picture that was posted. A recruit is standing with just two trophies in the background when there could and should be a slew. It's part of our tradition. It's part of what these kids should see in Penn State. I'm not saying it's the most important thing, but it is a thing.

It is relevant to a picture that was posted. A recruit is standing with just two trophies in the background when there could and should be a slew. It's part of our tradition. It's part of what these kids should see in Penn State. I'm not saying it's the most important thing, but it is a thing.

They are either displayed in Lasch or the All Sports Museum. Someone will chime in.

KSN Ross Tucker talked about Cam'Ron Kelly. He watched his film, said he was very smooth in everything he did. Great instincts, ball skills, very natural. Came away not sure about his speed, size, or physicality. Said he looked like a safety, but of course Kelly apparently told teams he would only play CB.

giphy.gif

Sorry to distract, but where are all the other trophies won by the football program? I see two.

Only a small section in what could be a much larger display is visible in that picture. Additionally, PSU has so many football trophies that it would be difficult to have all of them for public viewing.

This exchange could give Annie the inspiration to add another structure to the Master Plan. As a result it's now on yo to give early and often.

I'm sure CJF has a plan for rain, but I live an hour from State College, and it has been pouring off and on all morning, does anyone know what the staff will be doing today, with the OV's, if it keeps raining?

I'm sure CJF has a plan for rain, but I live an hour from State College, and it has been pouring off and on all morning, does anyone know what the staff will be doing today, with the OV's, if it keeps raining?

I think CJF is going to borrow the kids’ “Slip & Slide”!

Only a small section in what could be a much larger display is visible in that picture. Additionally, PSU has so many football trophies that it would be difficult to have all of them for public viewing.

This exchange could give Annie the inspiration to add another structure to the Master Plan. As a result it's now on yo to give early and often.

And in large sums. Don't forget the large sums. ;)

Sorry to distract, but where are all the other trophies won by the football program? I see two.
The one on the right is one of the two national championship trophies - the other is on the other side of the room.

From piecing together various pictures from after Lasch was renovated, there are two primary “displays” for trophies - the bigger display (with Cappy’s Heisman and a bunch of other bowl and individual trophies) is right inside the front door of Lasch. These pictures appear to be taken in the main auditorium/team meeting room (with the big screen up), and there are only a few trophies in there - the two trophies signifying the 82 and 86 titles, what appears to be the 2016 Big Ten trophy to the left in the above photo, and maybe one or two others on the other side out of frame. There’s also an “empty” national title trophy case somewhere that Franklin usually points out to recruits how he’s planning on using then recruit to help fill it.

I think CJF is going to borrow the kids’ “Slip & Slide”!

Hey, if it gets a commitment or two, Slip and Slide it is! I didn't know if they would maybe see a little more of the academic side of the program, or if they'd hang out in Holuba or Lasch. Just curious, I trust that CJF and the staff have it under control.

58 degrees with rain all day and a high of 80. Think this means we're due for a spectacular Lasch Bash. *knock on wood*

58 degrees with rain all day and a high of 80. Think this means we're due for a spectacular Lasch Bash. *knock on wood*

Is that the next real big recruiting weekend? I've been a Penn State fan my whole life, but I just recently started to follow the recruiting, so I don't know which of these weekends is more important. It sounds like the Lasch Bash is a big one, but wasn't sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT