ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

You see how tall Ojabo is standing next to 6-2 Franklin. Look how tall Oweh is compared to Ojabo.

Standing 6-5 and approaching 240 pounds, Ojabo is a high-ceiling recruit who remains in the fledgling stages of his development as a defensive lineman.

jayson-oweh-david-ojabo_ewdfq0.jpg

You see how tall Ojabo is standing next to 6-2 Franklin. Look how tall Oweh is compared to Ojabo.

Standing 6-5 and approaching 240 pounds, Ojabo is a high-ceiling recruit who remains in the fledgling stages of his development as a defensive lineman.
I would love to see these two playing on the same D line... Since they both have relative inexperience in football, I wonder if they will both Redshirt? [Oweh here and Ojabo wherever he lands (please be Penn State)] Then again, they have freak athleticism so maybe they will be used in specific situation where they can be effective right away (pass rush).

I would love to see these two playing on the same D line... Since they both have relative inexperience in football, I wonder if they will both Redshirt? [Oweh here and Ojabo wherever he lands (please be Penn State)] Then again, they have freak athleticism so maybe they will be used in specific situation where they can be effective right away (pass rush).
Somewhat reminds me of (Derek) Cameron Wake; tremendous athleticism but raw; such prospects can develop quickly, or take several years to reach their potential, or not ever translate to football success.

With the depth we see developing at DE, a redshirt for each seems like a good way to go, but the potential is intriguing.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

jayson-oweh-david-ojabo_ewdfq0.jpg

My takeaway from that group pic is how big Cine is and how tall Brandon Smith (I was wrong about Cam Brown but I just cant see Smith staying at LB) look. And someone needs to tell Ojabo to get a better number than 71

Reactions: TheGLOV
My takeaway from that group pic is how big Cine is and how tall Brandon Smith (I was wrong about Cam Brown but I just cant see Smith staying at LB) look. And someone needs to tell Ojabo to get a better number than 71
Brandon Smith plays like a pure linebacker. The staff will and should keep him at his natural position.

Why? Are you assuming because he's that tall he isn't agile enough?

No I just think he'll outgrow the position. If he's really 6'4 223 and that skinny at age 17, I would think hes going to get to 260+ on our eating/lifting program by year 2 or 3

Would be curious to see how OSU's recruits fared in Rivals' new rankings. Guessing it's a similar outcome for most of our peers.

Of the kids in the "Top 250":

Penn State's 6 verbals dropped an average of 3 spots.
Ohio State's 6 verbals dropped an average of 10 spots.
Michigan's 3 verbals dropped an average of 7 spots.

It's official -- SEC BIAS. Where is the outrage?

And yet - RIVALS has PSU's class "ranked" as six spots better than the 247 Composite, and ESPN (and just about every other recruiting service).

Funny, that.
What has B. Smith done to drop 6 spots after signing, it's not about who you signed ( unless your in the SEC ) it's about who's out there that's available so it garners interest from everyone else.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Could this all be part of Rival’s plan to drop already signed players? If those that are unsigned are ranked better, there could be more “hype” surrounding them. A committed player is boring, an unsigned player is not.

Could this all be part of Rival’s plan to drop already signed players? If those that are unsigned are ranked better, there could be more “hype” surrounding them. A committed player is boring, an unsigned player is not.

Yeah, early commitments are sort of counter to their business model of building as much hype as possible for as long as possible for each recruit. Rivals tends to be an outlier with rankings, but they have the best Penn State site (here).

I am never concerned with the number of stars, can be BS. I like how CJF has evaluated talent, don't give a crap about the Stars

Yup. Look no further than the talent he brought with him/recruited after being hired at Penn State on January 11, 2014 (less than a month before NLOI day). Of those listed, only Farmer and Blacknall were 4*:

Torrence Brown
Christian Campbell
Amani Oruwariye
Saeed Blacknall
Koa Farmer
Grant Haley
Trace McSorley
Brendan Brosnan
Chance Sorrell

Reactions: WyomingLion
Of the kids in the "Top 250":

Penn State's 6 verbals dropped an average of 3 spots.
Ohio State's 6 verbals dropped an average of 10 spots.
Michigan's 3 verbals dropped an average of 7 spots.

FWIW: Bama's 8 verbals dropped an average of 9 spots..... Georgia's dropped by an average of 4.
Notre Dame dropped by 14 spots.

Somehow, the basic statistical concept that: The higher you are, the more likely it is that subsequent events will cause one to "fall", rather than "rise", seems to be a foreign concept.
Though I expect, that all of the "Guru Services" may also have a vested interest in inflating the reputations of those prospects who are "yet to decide"...…. so as to maximize ongoing interest from the fan-bases.

Guru's are way overrated!! Right Phil??

;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT