ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

So a team could theoretically bring in PWO's in numbers that would exceed the 105, feed them all summer and throughout Fall camp, and then cut down to 105 roster for the first game or first day of classes whichever comes first?

No, the opposite. The 105 limit only applies UNTIL the first day of classes. After that, there is no roster limit.

No, the opposite. The 105 limit only applies UNTIL the first day of classes. After that, there is no roster limit.

OK, so that's why CJF can have a tryout after the start of classes and then add anyone that looks the part.....

Would really like to have a kid with this by his name playing for Penn State.
6' 6"
245#
runs a 10.78 100
it was only 37 degrees outside when competing
Holy Hannah!!

OL

Who are you referring to? That speed in that temperature at that size is extraordinary, unless he had a 30 mph tail wind. Even then it would be pretty quick....

Confirmed BlueWhite Visitor List so Far (Will continue to build out):
Zach Harrison – 5* DE from Ohio
Owen Pappoe – 5* LB from Georgia
Jahleel Billingsley – 4* TE from Illinois
Devyn Ford – 5* RB from Virginia
Marquis Wilson – 4* S from Connecticut

Last edited:
Confirmed BlueWhite Visitor List so Far (Will continue to build out):
Rudolph, Wallace, Truss, Jaden Davis on OV, and Warren Burrell

Last edited:
Thanks BMW199 and Judge for helping build out a potential huge weekend for PSU:

Tyler Rudolph - 4* S from Connecticut
Caedan Wallace - 4* OG from New Jersey
Xavier Truss - 4* OT from Rhode Island
Jaden Davis - 4* CB from Florida
Warren Burrell - 4* CB from Georgia
Antonio Alfano - 4* DE/DT from New Jersey
Shane Lee - 4* LB from Maryland

Alfano, Shane Lee.

I think Cam'Ron Kelly too

4* ATH, Ronald Thompkins from Georgia just confirmed that he will be visiting on his OV

Cine

That’s not to say that the teams that had been most prevalent with him prior to his move southwest from Massachusetts. He said that Michigan and Penn State have been the two teams that have held steady through his move and are two teams that are on his shortlist to take an official visit to when the time comes.

“I know the love they show, the relationship that me and them have,” he said. “The only thing that’s missing is me taking those visits to be around the players and be around the staff for a good period of time.”

Seems like the staff has ties to a great many talented DB's for the 2019 class. Anyone have thoughts on how the class may break down by position, or particular positions of emphasis? 4 LB's in 2018 counting MP, so I'm looking to be heavy on DB's and DE's, as well as 3 more WR's....
QB - 2
RB - 1 or 2
WR - 3
OL - 3
DT - 2
DE - 2
LB - 2
DB - 5

That's 20 or 21....

Or, if the class tops out in the mid-teens (still believe DB's are a priority):
QB - 1.5 (1 or 2)
RB - 1
WR - 2
OL - 3
DT - 1
DE - 2
LB - 2
DB - 3.5 (3 or 4 ) For 16 total

Last edited:
Seems like the staff has ties to a great many talented DB's for the 2019 class. Anyone have thoughts on how the class may break down by position, or particular positions of emphasis? 4 LB's in 2018 counting MP, so I'm looking to be heavy on DB's and DE's, as well as 3 more WR's....
QB - 2
RB - 1 or 2
WR - 3
OL - 3
DT - 2
DE - 2
LB - 2
DB - 5

That's 20 or 21....

And even that doesn't look like much, ouch. Think i'm getting spoiled

Reactions: LionJim
QB - 2
RB - 1 or 2
WR - 3
OL - 3
DT - 2
DE - 2
LB - 2
DB - 5

That's 20 or 21....
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4OL, 2DE, 1DT, 2LB, 2DB, and 2S for 18.....

Reactions: eidolon21
He's too damn long-winded!

Just get to the facts mam. Just the facts.

He sure does love to hear himself talk.
I like him, he's willing to tell you everything he know... and then some maybe (lol). Seriously, I call one of the other beat writers 'captain caveat' every question is answered with "I don't know, it's hard to say.. at the end of the day, we'll just have to see what happens" at least Tyler will tell you what he thinks. Perspective

1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4OL, 2DE, 1DT, 2LB, 2DB, and 2S for 18.....

With all the young talent now on the OL as well as last year's haul I'm skeptical of CJF bringing in 4 OL in a less than 20 class. I still believe we will see 2 DT's instead, given the need to play 5 or 6 in the 2 DT positions over the course of a season.

But we'll see.....

Reactions: TheGLOV
He's too damn long-winded!

Just get to the facts mam. Just the facts.

He sure does love to hear himself talk.
An hour long PSU recruiting web series in the offseason when there is literally no news coming out? Sign me up every day of the week. He's good at what he does, he gets great on camera interviews from tons of PSU recruits and makes them look good doing so. I don't think the hate is warranted and I enjoy seeing stuff like this on this thread. Just my opinion tho..

An hour long PSU recruiting web series in the offseason when there is literally no news coming out? Sign me up every day of the week. He's good at what he does, he gets great on camera interviews from tons of PSU recruits and makes them look good doing so. I don't think the hate is warranted and I enjoy seeing stuff like this on this thread. Just my opinion tho..

You can kiss him if you want, I think I heard he has a wife though.

Rumor that 21Guns may be getting an offer from PSU. Here's a recent picture of 21Guns. He gets younger looking every year.
8302246.jpg

Reactions: lilwashnitfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT