ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Ronnie Hickman, #2 in NJ and a top Athlete/Safety prospect, committed to oh-high-ya....

CJF and his staff seem to have offered and recruited a good number of Safety prospects, including Hellams who also projects as a Safety/WR. Hope he closes on at least one of them in the next few weeks.... but if I could take a few paid trips between now and June I'd probably take a few before committing as well.....

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
#1 LB in the country, will be at B/W this weekend. Believe his Mom attended PSU.

giphy.gif

#1 LB in the country, will be at B/W this weekend. Believe his Mom attended PSU.

Yes, his mom is a PSU grad. Nice to get a big time recruit from the south on campus for an OV.

Would be completely surprised if he committed to anyone but UGA on May 5th, but maybe CJF can pull off some more recruiting magic.

Said he would be "pretty solid" to the school he commits to at the beginning of May, but will still take visits throughout the season as well.

Is anyone, besides the coaching staff, keeping track of the number of Official Visits we are giving? I believe each D1 school can host 56 OV's per year per NCAA rules.

Under the old recruiting calendar most OV's were taken after the recruits had committed and therefore I never thought the number was an issue. Now that they are allowed to start in the Spring of Junior year it appears that 56 may not be enough.

Is anyone, besides the coaching staff, keeping track of the number of Official Visits we are giving? I believe each D1 school can host 56 OV's per year per NCAA rules.

Under the old recruiting calendar most OV's were taken after the recruits had committed and therefore I never thought the number was an issue. Now that they are allowed to start in the Spring of Junior year it appears that 56 may not be enough.
Some visits may not be "official"; depends on who's paying

Probably end up being 10-12 or so this weekend.

It's a valid point, but you can't second guess JF and his team on stuff like this. You can't predict the future, but I'm sure they've done the best analysis that can be done to come up with what strategy they are using. It's not like there are MORE kids that they are pursuing than they normally do. Just the schedule for officials is pushed up. So you'll have less kids in the fall taking officials. It will all work out.

First post for me. Take this for what it's worth but my brother lives in Charlottesville just down the road from where Brandon Smith plays. One of Brandon's teachers goes to my brothers church and told him that Brandon is already a Penn State commit. On a different day a cashier at Trader Joe's saw his penn state shirt and said "you must be excited about Brandon Smith going to penn state, I've seen him play in person and he's a beast"

First post for me. Take this for what it's worth but my brother lives in Charlottesville just down the road from where Brandon Smith plays. One of Brandon's teachers goes to my brothers church and told him that Brandon is already a Penn State commit. On a different day a cashier at Trader Joe's saw his penn state shirt and said "you must be excited about Brandon Smith going to penn state, I've seen him play in person and he's a beast"
Hell of a first post, I gotta say.
giphy.gif

FWIW, someone last year (might have been Young) let it out of the bag, indirectly, that Franklin advises them on when to announce. So, it may be that Smith is a commit.

Last edited:

Good news considering that we have to replace a Brandon Smith in the linebacker room. :D

Missing on Lee doesn’t bother me. Wasn’t as high on him as some others

6’ (which really is 5’10 most likely) and already 240lbs isn’t ideal IMO.

Antonio Alfano wants to commit to Penn State.He loves coach Franklin and he has eminent respect for all of our coaches.Penn State told him he has to do specific things for PSU to allow Antonio to commit.Alfano has done everything impeccably.

I have spoken to a person who knows Antonio very well.He said Alfano is not a malicious person.Alfano has visited PSU many times.Antonio wants to show our coaches that he has integrity and that he loves Penn State.

Micah Parsons was excoriated by many PSU writers and fans.After he signed everyone loves him.He is an integral part of the team.

Alfano is one of the top athletes in the country and a singular talent.Antonio is a fine person and an extraordinary football player.He will fit in very well with our football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT