ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Sean Fitz had lowered him on PSU's interest chart about a month ago. Plus Brandon Smith is now listed as an ILB. I think this was brewing and I'm not sure Franklin is that upset.

If PSU lands Smith, the loss of Lee wont be that significant. Who knows, Smith may in fact be a silent verbal and PSU took their foot off the throttle on Lee's recruiting. Also some folks feel Lee may be done growing. You dont t see too many 6' MLB. Alfano will be at PSU this weekend. Alabama thinks after his visit they are in the lead. Hopefully dandy11 is right.

Zach Harrison is headed to the Happiest of Valleys this weekend for the Blue White game. Last weekend he skipped the local spring game to visit north of the border. Seems U MI has his attention.
I truly believe he is NOT an ohowihate lock.
:cool:

OL

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Zach Harrison is headed to the Happiest of Valleys this weekend for the Blue White game. Last weekend he skipped the local spring game to visit north of the border. Seems U MI has his attention.
I truly believe he is NOT an ohowihate lock.

OL

I think he, like Parsons. just like to generate their own publicity and attract a large news media following.

Coach did have this to say about that: "That wasn't really me telling him that, it was genetics," Franklin said of the position switch. "He really did some nice things, and I think he could play linebacker for us. But I think his greatest potential for us at Penn State, and down the road, is at defensive end."

Tweet per columbus dispatch beatwriter Steve blackledge tonight

Zach Harrison of Olentangy Orange ran 10.82 for 100 meters and 21.55 for 200 in a dual track meet against Olentangy Liberty tonight in the rain. Those are ridiculous times for a guy about 6-5, 230. That's why he's the top rated junior football prospect in the country.

Tweet per columbus dispatch beatwriter Steve blackledge tonight

Zach Harrison of Olentangy Orange ran 10.82 for 100 meters and 21.55 for 200 in a dual track meet against Olentangy Liberty tonight in the rain. Those are ridiculous times for a guy about 6-5, 230. That's why he's the top rated junior football prospect in the country.
Yes please.

This after running a reported 10.78 in 39 degree weather the week before. His times should improve in mid to late May when the weather is more conducive to sprinting. He may be scratching the surface. The kid is an incredible athlete to say the least.

Reactions: OhioLion
As crazy as it seems, I just feel like Harrison doesn’t want to stay in Columbus and have felt that way from the beginning. He is different than the Smith situation last year. Franklin and the staff have really connected with the kid and think they have a legitimate shot if he leaves Ohio.

This kid means so much more than just merely being a 5-star guy. If we can force Meyer to put more and more effort into just keeping the Ohio kids that he wants, that will have to put a dent into his national recruiting a bit. There are only so many hours in a day, and only so many assistants that can recruit.

And so much $$ to go around.

. If we can force Meyer to put more and more effort into just keeping the Ohio kids that he wants
Just an FYI, LJ told me at the OH HS FB Coaches Clinic he is now recruiting Ohio. The conspiracy theorist in me says suburban felt the need to take his best recruiter out of the DMV and put him in the home state because suburban is losing his death grip on the old o-h-i-o.

OL

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
Just an FYI, LJ told me at the OH HS FB Coaches Clinic he is now recruiting Ohio. The conspiracy theorist in me says suburban felt the need to take his best recruiter out of the DMV and put him in the home state because suburban is losing his death grip on the old o-h-i-o.

OL

That's an interesting tale. I also wonder if LJ's advancing age and any health issues might suggest that he can't physically handle as much travel as he used to.

OL

I think LJ is one of two african american coaches on Urban's staff. Urban normally has him recruit high profile african american recruits, wherever they are. He was main recruiter for Rasheed Walker last year. He was main recruiter for Shane Lee this year. He's the main recruiter for Andre White this year.

5_7827533.png

U. VISIT
APR 14

Saleem Wormley unofficially visits Penn State...

4_8316237.jpg

SALEEM WORMLEY
  • OG
  • 6-3
  • CLASS OF 19
SMYRNA, DE (SMYRNA)

— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —

PSU 100%​

Last edited:
Ohio State just landed their 2nd running back in the 2019 class, GA Steele Chambers.

From Eleven Warriors board:
247 has a quote from Chambers saying that he will definitely play RB at Ohio State. In other words, we’re done at that position. We’ll see if Devyn Ford even still visits next weekend.

Chambers has obviously been told he's coming to OSU as a running back, but the echo chamber among the OSU writers are all saying he's coming to OSU as a linebacker. Because that is how Urban operates.

VT looks like the favorite for Ford, but this puts us into 2nd place fwiw.

Zach Harrison, #1 recruit in the country. I think this is his 5th or 6th visit to Penn State this weekend.
Harrison2.jpg

Buckeyenut74
9 HOURS AGO

I’ve been talking about this kid for a while. His family likes psu, ttun is also a player for his services. Ohio State better not think it’s a given he will automatically choose to stay home and play for the Bucks.

I think LJ is one of two african american coaches on Urban's staff. Urban normally has him recruit high profile african american recruits, wherever they are. He was main recruiter for Rasheed Walker last year. He was main recruiter for Shane Lee this year. He's the main recruiter for Andre White this year.

Looks like 0 for 3 on those.....

Definitely past his prime....

Five-star RB Devyn Ford talks Ohio State, Virginia Tech, and Penn State

"I've got Penn State this weekend," said Ford. "I'm not sure what I'll see up there this weekend but I'll compare that with Virginia Tech, the environment, the people, the academics, what I would major in, and all that. I'm sure I'll talk to coach Franklin and coach Seider. Nana will be there too. I expect him to recruit me. Now that he is signed, he turns into a recruiter. I'm already hearing it in the school now. I think his word carries a little more weight than other players because I really know him personally, as teammates, and as friends. I can trust in what he says. It does have a big effect on me.

"I still believe everybody is equal in my mind," he said. "Virginia Tech did somethings that I really did like and enjoy. I need to see what the other two schools are doing too. As of right now, Virginia Tech is the one with the momentum. I just want to make sure everybody knows that they are all on the same level right now and there is no real frontrunner right now."

https://n.rivals.com/news/five-star-rb-devyn-ford-talks-ohio-state-virginia-tech-and-penn-state

Reactions: TheGLOV and T J
ADVERTISEMENT