ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Well, with that GPA they would have to score a combined 700 on the SAT.

Unless they get MUCH higher on the SAT then the min required I suspect they'd have some trouble getting accepted into many schools.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf

Wow, 700 when the minimum score is 400! Yup, the NCAA is all about academics.

The unfortunate reality is with that combination the only schools a prospect would have difficulty getting into are Stanford, Northwestern, BC, and, maybe, Duke and Rice.

Andrew Kristofic from Pine Richland has OSU, Wisconsin, and ND offers but not a PSU offer. He's listed at 6-5, 255. That's a long way to go and what's he going to move like when he's at 310? It's an unknown.

Andrew Kristofic from Pine Richland has OSU, Wisconsin, and ND offers but not a PSU offer. He's listed at 6-5, 255. That's a long way to go and what's he going to move like when he's at 310? It's an unknown.
If I'm not mistaken he loves PSU. He's one you can definitely wait on.

Reactions: TheGLOV
According to 247Sports:

Marcel Brooks, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound outside linebacker from Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus has an elite offer list that features schools like Alabama, LSU, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, and an abundance of others.

Brooks -- who checks in as the No. 109 prospect overall nationally per the 247Sports Composite -- has some big unofficial visits in front of him as he tries to zero in on a favorite for his commitment.

The four-star will visit Texas this weekend for junior day. Brooks confirmed that will then be hitting SEC power schools: Alabama and LSU. He will see Alabama on February 24th and LSU on March 3rd.

Brooks has named an unofficial top six list that includes schools like Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio State, TCU, and Penn State. He has been close to pulling the trigger on his commitment on a couple of different occasions, but he has held off.

"I don't really talk to a lot of staffs, I really talk to a lot of head coaches," Brooks explained. "Talking to a lot of head coaches it really surprises me talking to a lot of them and hearing them talking about seeing me playing my freshman year and all of that, it makes it hard, and thinking about playing anywhere in the country your freshman year is really, really a part of it.

I am playing it out right now and I am planning on committing on my birthday on June 25th."

Brooks says that most schools are recruiting him as an outside linebacker hybrid in the Kam Chancellor mold.
According to 247Sports:

Interesting that Hickman has all his CBs for Ohio State. This will be at least his 7th visit to Penn State and he loved the White Out victory over Michigan. Ellis has him in Ohio State's projected 2019 class but I wouldn't be shocked if we get him.
Glad he's coming with his teammate Ta'quon Roberson. No idea what Hickman's timeline looks like, but seems like the type of safety whose commitment you wouldn't hesitate to accept. Hope they stop by at THON so Ronnie gets a feel for the big picture at PSU. Also wonder where he ranks on the big board for safety targets. We're in on some big time talents.

Glad he's coming with his teammate Ta'quon Roberson. No idea what Hickman's timeline looks like, but seems like the type of safety whose commitment you wouldn't hesitate to accept. Hope they stop by at THON so Ronnie gets a feel for the big picture at PSU. Also wonder where he ranks on the big board for safety targets. We're in on some big time talents.
'

It's always nice to have some friends:

Andre White, Harrisburg (Pa.): White played alongside top-ranked Penn State signee Micah Parsons in 2017 at Harrisburg High School.

Devyn Ford, Stafford (Va.): Ford rushed for 2,056 yards and 32 touchdowns in 2017, running behind Nittany Lions tackle signee Nana Asiedu.

Jaquan Brisker (Monroeville, PA Gateway HS) and CC JUCO – Coach T Smith’s home turf

I sense this year PSU is going to be shadowed by OSU, Alabama, Miss St., and the old standard ND, in the recruiting process.

I think the shadowed comment refers to those schools offering kids that we offer rather than they will over shadow us in recruiting.
I hope i can clear this brief statement that i made. I believe James Franklin has taken Penn State to another level in recruiting, that said, OSU was edgy last year and battled us for some very good recruits.They seem to be offering some of the same recruits that we are offering.
Miss. St have two of our former coaches, both good recruiters with knowledge of 2019 and 2020 targets, they already have offered a qb were interested in. Personally, i think if they lock down the state of Mississippi they'll make waves. Alabama like OSU is getting antsy, because Georgia basically kicked them in the teeth in recruiting. Along comes coach Gattis with a helpful plan that includes some of our targets.
Notre Dame follows PSU in our recruiting stronghold and offers that Golden Helmet Shtick.
My bottom line is this, James Franklin like Jimmy Johnson can spot talent, and i believe his competition knows this. The other schools are either lazy recruiters, unorganized recruiters, or try to offer a recruit with bling.

Reactions: T J and TheGLOV
When I watch the Thon thread, and know the history, makes me proud to be a Penn Stater. Yet we have a culture problem. f Emmert

Do we have an impending/silent verbal?

Steven Faucheux SDE 6-4 272, West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West, is a 247 Composite 4-star prospect and has an impressive offer list. Ohio State has already offered two in-state defensive ends and Faucheux is in competition with several others for a potential Buckeyes offer down the road.

Something has recently moved 5 CBs for Faucheux to PSU (between 2/13 and 2/17: Bill Elliott, Andrew Ellis, Alex Gleitman, Bill Greene, Chris Smith) Steve Wiltfong and Tom Loy CB'd him to PSU earlier. His offers: Penn State Alabama BC, Cinn, Florida, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, MD, Miami (OH), Pitt, Tenn,Toledo, Tulane, West Virginia

Do we have an impending/silent verbal?

Steven Faucheux SDE 6-4 272, West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West, is a 247 Composite 4-star prospect and has an impressive offer list. Ohio State has already offered two in-state defensive ends and Faucheux is in competition with several others for a potential Buckeyes offer down the road.

Something has recently moved 5 CBs for Faucheux to PSU (between 2/13 and 2/17: Bill Elliott, Andrew Ellis, Alex Gleitman, Bill Greene, Chris Smith) Steve Wiltfong and Tom Loy CB'd him to PSU earlier. His offers: Penn State Alabama BC, Cinn, Florida, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, MD, Miami (OH), Pitt, Tenn,Toledo, Tulane, West Virginia

4_7674079.jpg

STEVEN FAUCHEUX
  • SDE
  • 6-4
  • CLASS OF 19
WEST CHESTER, OH(LAKOTA WEST)

— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —
PSU100%
7 Predictions

As of 3 hours ago, Steven Faucheux SDE 6-4 272, West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West, a 247 Composite 4-star prospect, wants to take a few visits before narrowing his list.

But he spoke very highly of CJF and PSU.

A few snippets from the longer article...,

Four-star Steven Faucheux looking ahead to three visits
  • by Bill Greene
  • 3 hours ago
Faucheux is a four-star defensive lineman that has the talent to play either inside or outside, depending on the defensive scheme, and he is in the process of taking visits in order to be able to cut down his list.

"I've not narrowed my list down yet, and I'm still waiting to go on some visits before doing that," Faucheux stated. "I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to figuring out what I'm looking for, but I have a few junior days and spring practices to check out."

"Once I get out and see a few more schools, hopefully I will be able to narrow things down," he added.

"Penn State has been there [from] the beginning, and out of all the schools I've visited and spoken with, they have the best family atmosphere," Faucheux admitted.

"I think Coach (James) Franklin stresses that, and the school is great academically as well as doing great on the football field.

All those things put together as one makes Penn State pretty attractive to me."

A decision could be coming in the next few months, as Faucheux is looking to make his choice before the start of his senior season.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-O...ut-together-a-great-offer-list--115233851/Amp

Last edited:
As of 3 hours ago, Steven Faucheux SDE 6-4 272, West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West, a 247 Composite 4-star prospect, wants to take a few visits before narrowing his list.

But he spoke very highly of CJF and PSU.

A few snippets from the longer article...,

Four-star Steven Faucheux looking ahead to three visits
  • by Bill Greene
  • 3 hours ago
Faucheux is a four-star defensive lineman that has the talent to play either inside or outside, depending on the defensive scheme, and he is in the process of taking visits in order to be able to cut down his list.

"I've not narrowed my list down yet, and I'm still waiting to go on some visits before doing that," Faucheux stated. "I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to figuring out what I'm looking for, but I have a few junior days and spring practices to check out."

"Once I get out and see a few more schools, hopefully I will be able to narrow things down," he added.

"Penn State has been there [from] the beginning, and out of all the schools I've visited and spoken with, they have the best family atmosphere," Faucheux admitted.

"I think Coach (James) Franklin stresses that, and the school is great academically as well as doing great on the football field.

All those things put together as one makes Penn State pretty attractive to me."

A decision could be coming in the next few months, as Faucheux is looking to make his choice before the start of his senior season.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-O...ut-together-a-great-offer-list--115233851/Amp
Good find TJ
Faucheux camped at PSU last summer.

Reactions: TheGLOV and T J
Hate to be that guy, but what happens if/when he gets his Buckeye offer? Have we moved beyond where I need to think like that?

In this case PSU coaches may just pluck a 4-star DL from OSU's home turf. Primary two reasons: CJF started very early and he likes what he has seen, and because OSU is trying to string him along while they are focused on others.

WARNING: this is a scary report.

According to a report by NJ.com’s Todderick Hunt:
Rutgers is expected to hire Nunzio Campanile. Campanile has been the head coach of Bergen Catholic since 2010. Campanile’s last season as the coach of the school’s football team ended with a state championship. According to the article, Campanile will likely become Rutgers’s new running back coach

Prior to taking the job at Bergen Catholic, Campanile was the offensive coordinator at Don Bosco for 10 years. According to the report, Campanile’s experience and knowledge at the high school level in New Jersey will certainly give Rutgers an upper leg when it comes to recruiting in the state.

Boo!!!

WARNING: this is a scary report.

According to a report by NJ.com’s Todderick Hunt:
Rutgers is expected to hire Nunzio Campanile. Campanile has been the head coach of Bergen Catholic since 2010. Campanile’s last season as the coach of the school’s football team ended with a state championship. According to the article, Campanile will likely become Rutgers’s new running back coach

Prior to taking the job at Bergen Catholic, Campanile was the offensive coordinator at Don Bosco for 10 years. According to the report, Campanile’s experience and knowledge at the high school level in New Jersey will certainly give Rutgers an upper leg when it comes to recruiting in the state.

Boo!!!

Not too surprising.

Tens of millions of windfall $$s are now flowing into their coffers per year, due to BT membership.

It was only a matter of time before funds got invested in upgraded personnel and facilities, somewhere in the athletic dept.

That said, it's also tough to overcome poor tradition and poor fan support. Look at Pitt. Once had tradition, but fan support is aweful. Even tougher for schools who haven't had much of either one.

Those may be some reasons why there are still a few elite schools and a greater number of teams in the second tier or lower.

Reactions: We Are . . .
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT