ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Spoke with LJ this past weekend at the Ohio HS FB Coaches Clinic. I commented that they had a good recruiting year. His response was "make you want to stay around a long long time."
Take it for what it's worth.

OL

His contract is up in a month and a half iirc. Certainly waiting until the last minute to extend him.

His contract is up in a month and a half iirc. Certainly waiting until the last minute to extend him.
Not wanting to be a Richard Cranium, I ended the discussion there. How I wanted to ask about Junior's tweet and his contract not extended yet.

Not sure why suburban and the university are dragging their feet, but my gut tells me he will be back wearing the silver and red this fall.

OL

Reactions: Judge Smails

It will be interesting to see how Antonio Alfano's recruiting goes. When the whole Dorian Hardy thing broke, there were dozens of posts on NJ.com about Alfano and his off field issues. There was even an article where some of these things were discussed. The comment by BSD is kind of telling.

Reactions: TheGLOV
It will be interesting to see how Antonio Alfano's recruiting goes. When the whole Dorian Hardy thing broke, there were dozens of posts on NJ.com about Alfano and his off field issues. There was even an article where some of these things were discussed. The comment by BSD is kind of telling.

He set a December date to announce his commitment then canceled that announcement. Might have been something like what you're talking about.

Alfano's departure from Bergen Catholic kind of came out of the blue, and I'm sure JF wanted to get an understanding of what went on there-no doubt he did in a matter of days-weeks.

For starters...
DTInBKFVwAAiIVD.jpg

and OSU is not. #PSUnrivaled

Elite LB Marcel Brooks explains why Penn State stands out
Marcel Brooks turned some heads May 22 when he tweeted news about his scholarship offer from Penn State. That he landed on the Nittany Lions’ radar wasn’t the surprise — more than 20 Power 5 programs have extended offers. But his response to the development certainly was.
Brooks, who attends Marcus (Flower Mound, Texas) High School, labeled the university his “dream school”. It was quite a statement since he received more than 10 offers last May alone.

Considered the No. 7 outside linebacker and No. 107 overall recruit in the 247Sports 2019 composite rankings, Brooks is a coveted commodity across college football. The 6-foot-3, 200-pound prospect plans to announce a commitment June 25.

Land of 10 recently caught up with Brooks to learn more about his excitement toward Penn State. His connection to the Mid-Atlantic is key; he lived in Virginia Beach before relocating to Texas as a high school underclassman.

“Being in Virginia, a lot of kids that we grew up with — [Florida State cornerback] Levonta Taylor, [2018 Ohio State signee] Teradja Mitchell — a lot of us liked Penn State,” Brooks said. “I always liked Penn State and always liked their coaching.”

Though he doesn’t carry an established list of favorites, Brooks mentions the Nittany Lions in the same breath as Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma. James Franklin has made Brooks feel like a priority, though the Penn State coach has plenty of company in that department.
“He came to see me at my school at least two times. It was crazy,” Brooks said. “A lot of head coaches come to see me and it's crazy when they are coming from all over the country

Brooks added that Penn State is in the running for one of his official visits this spring. An altered recruiting calendar now allows high school juniors to use them beginning April 1. Brooks will be busy before that time period, as well, with trips to Alabama, LSU and Texas set for the next three weekends, according to Greg Powers of 247Sports.
While proximity isn’t exactly in Penn State’s favor here, it’s important to note Brooks’ father lives in Baltimore. His upbringing in Virginia also provides familiarity with the region that most other Lone Star State recruits lack.

Several coaching staffs have discussed Brooks’ potential as a hybrid defender who can contribute at safety or outside linebacker, Penn State included.

“I’d rather bring two positions to the table. That’s better than one,” Brooks said. “What happens if they have a senior at linebacker? I can go play safety.”
His physical prowess and impressive ball skills have caused suitors to sell a realistic vision for early playing time.

“Nick Saban is telling me if I get to 225 [pounds], I’ll play my freshman year,” he said.

Franklin faces a difficult challenge attempting to bring Brooks to Happy Valley but his proactive approach and Brooks’ East Coast background provide a boost.

Watch Brooks’ junior-season highlights here:

Wisconsin gets off to record 2019 start. PSU legacy Rucci and 3 more 4-stars.
“Coming off a big season definitely helps,” four-star tight end and Wisconsin commit Hayden Rucci told 247Sports. “Coach Chryst and company are doing a hell of a job recruiting. I know a big part of my decision was the recruits that were already committed. We have a great group of guys right now, and we’re looking to add some more.”

Rucci, a Pennsylvania native, committed to Wisconsin last week. Before he pulled the trigger, the Badgers already held pledges from four-star QB Graham Mertz (Kansas), four-star offensive tackle Joe Tippmann (Indiana) and four-star OT Logan Brown, who hails from Michigan. That’s not to sell Wisconsin’s other commits short; all four are them are fringe four-star prospects in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, and safety Bryson Shaw (Maryland) and athlete Nolan Groulx (North Carolina) are rated as four-star prospects by 247Sports. Brown, the nation’s No. 41 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite, would be the second-highest ranked prospect the Badgers have ever signed.

https://247sports.com/Article/Wisco...rt-UWs-2019-class-could-be-historic-115078280

ESPN FPI Top 25:

Clemson
Alabama
Georgia
OSU
ND
Auburn
PSU
Oklahoma
Michigan St
Michigan
Wisconsin
Stanford
Miami
USC
Miss St
Texas
FSU
Oregon
Texas A&M
Oklahoma St
Florida
Virginia Tech
GA Tech
Iowa

There is a separate thread on the very preseason rankings.

Nothing to do with 2019 recruiting. Just clogs up this thread....

Another CB (by Andrew Ellis) for PSU on Steven Faucheux.

Faucheux is an SDE at Lakota West HS, West Chester, Ohio.

Interesting side note: Josh Gattis is recruiting Faucheux for Alabama. Remember Josh?

https://247sports.com/Player/Steven-Faucheux-46036899

I don't think Faucheux has visited Penn State in a long time.

OH2MD
23 HOURS AGO
No mention of Steven Faucheux on this list AND he is 100% CB'ed to PSU. Is that because he is not interested in the Buckeyes?

Andrew Ellis STAFF
22 HOURS AGO

Think he ends up at DT and there isn’t a huge need there in this class. Crystal balled him to PSU but not even sure if he’s a take for them now.

I don't think Faucheux has visited Penn State in a long time.

OH2MD
23 HOURS AGO
No mention of Steven Faucheux on this list AND he is 100% CB'ed to PSU. Is that because he is not interested in the Buckeyes?

He visited OSU. Not sure of the date. In his post visit interview Faucheux said OSU is coming after him hard. Said he will be making another visit to OSU to look at their academics. He also mentioned a visit to ND. He has 16 offers so far.
https://247sports.com/Player/Steven-Faucheux-46036899#

Last edited:
I see Faucheux as a DT, too. I really like the group of top OL coming out of Ohio next year. There are 6 really good ones with Rumler, Corrall, Allen, Carpenter, Jacoby, and Jornigan. Good group of DL’s and LB’s, too.

Penn State 2019 offers, by the numbers

*Based on 247Sports composite rankings.
  • Reported offers: 129
  • 5-star offers: 13
  • 4-star offers: 88
  • In-state recruits offered: 3
  • California recruits offered: 3
  • Florida recruits offered: 19
  • Georgia recruits offered: 10
  • New Jersey recruits offered: 6
  • Ohio recruits offered: 8
  • Texas recruits offered: 12

Brisker is a JUCO. That's probably why he's overlooked. Most lists by state only show high school kids. At least where I usually search.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT