ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Nice debut for Emery Simmons.

Simmons, Brewington lead Tigers to 24-14 win over Bucs

South View coach Rodney Brewington is cultivating young talent on the offensive line.

But he knows the Tigers can lean on seasoned quarterback Donovan Brewington and playmaker Emery Simmons.

“We’ve got veterans, and Donovan and Emery really carried us tonight,” Brewington said.

The pair of seniors lifted South View to a 24-14 win in the season opener at Britt, teaming up for 173 yards on nine completions, including two touchdowns.

Simmons’ big-play ability was crucial for the Tigers, who met resistance along the line from a tenacious Britt linebacker corps.

“Our defense is going to be lights out, but South View has a very special player in No. 9 (Simmons),” Britt coach Brian Randolph said. “You take him out of the game, and the score is completely different.”

http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/20180818/simmons-brewington-lead-tigers-to-24-14-win-over-bucs

Nice debut for Emery Simmons.

Simmons, Brewington lead Tigers to 24-14 win over Bucs

South View coach Rodney Brewington is cultivating young talent on the offensive line.

But he knows the Tigers can lean on seasoned quarterback Donovan Brewington and playmaker Emery Simmons.

“We’ve got veterans, and Donovan and Emery really carried us tonight,” Brewington said.

The pair of seniors lifted South View to a 24-14 win in the season opener at Britt, teaming up for 173 yards on nine completions, including two touchdowns.

Simmons’ big-play ability was crucial for the Tigers, who met resistance along the line from a tenacious Britt linebacker corps.

“Our defense is going to be lights out, but South View has a very special player in No. 9 (Simmons),” Britt coach Brian Randolph said. “You take him out of the game, and the score is completely different.”

http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/20180818/simmons-brewington-lead-tigers-to-24-14-win-over-bucs

Free

Culture.

https://thefootballletter.com/2014/08/11/the-legends-of-94/

MILNE: In March of my junior year, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease. They found a grapefruit-sized tumor on my heart. I had six months of chemotherapy and several serious surgeries: one that took out my tumor, one that took my spleen. I was given about a 50 percent chance to live. I didn’t play football my senior year.

BRADLEY: I recruited Brian out of high school. We had offered him, but when he got sick everybody backed off. Joe said, “Call him up. His offer’s good with me.”

MILNE: Coach Paterno called me in the hospital, and basically said, “Get better. Whether you play football or not, you’ll have a scholarship at Penn State.” I hung up the phone and said, “Huh.” When someone offers you that gift, you don’t look away, especially when you’re in the hospital and people are wondering if you’re going to live.onored

VINCENT STEWART: On my visit, I sat with Coach Paterno, and the first and only thing he talked about was school. I talked to a lot of other coaches, they talked about playing time and all that, but none of them really talked about school. I knew something was different when Coach Paterno looked me in the eye and said, “Just give me all you can. I don’t care if you come here and don’t play, you’re going to graduate.” I had four other recruiting trips scheduled, and I cancelled all of them.

Joe also honored the scholarship offer for Tim Strachan, the paralyzed QB recruit out of Dematha. "Honored" "Culture".....

2. Penn State will climb into the top eight
The Nittany Lions sit at No. 13 overall, but sixth when it comes to average star ranking. The uncertainty at both Ohio State and Maryland could play in Penn State’s favor as it is beginning to look like one of the more stable schools in the region. James Franklin and company are involved with a number of uncommitted stars and will likely finish strong, assuming they have a decent showing on the filed this fall. Penn State continues to raise its stock in the Southeast, where they seem to get more traction with truly elite players each year.

RB Young and safety Cross supposed to be deciding soon.

5367083.png

AARON YOUNG
3-Star RB
  • RB
  • 5-9
  • CLASS OF 19
COATESVILLE, PA
(COATESVILLE AREA)

Young can change direction quickly and at a high rate of speed, he possesses good vision and he is a...

JUL 2
7827533.png

PSU OFFER
Penn State Nittany Lions offer Aaron Young

JUL 30
7827533.png

PSU VISIT
Aaron Young unofficially visits Penn State Nittany...​

Reactions: TheGLOV
Final five for Aaron Young

BySEAN FITZ Aug 8, 6:03 AM

Young released a top five list that included Arkansas, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State and Rutgers.

Young’s recruitment is widely believed to be a two-horse race between Rutgers and Penn State, which offered in early July. His older brother Avery is a freshman defensive back at Rutgers.

Young visited Penn State early last week and said after the trip that he would like to have a decision sometime in August.

https://247sports.com/Article/Nitta...hree-star-running-back-Aaron-Young-120486316/

Reactions: TheGLOV
Culture.

https://thefootballletter.com/2014/08/11/the-legends-of-94/

MILNE: In March of my junior year, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease. They found a grapefruit-sized tumor on my heart. I had six months of chemotherapy and several serious surgeries: one that took out my tumor, one that took my spleen. I was given about a 50 percent chance to live. I didn’t play football my senior year.

BRADLEY: I recruited Brian out of high school. We had offered him, but when he got sick everybody backed off. Joe said, “Call him up. His offer’s good with me.”

MILNE: Coach Paterno called me in the hospital, and basically said, “Get better. Whether you play football or not, you’ll have a scholarship at Penn State.” I hung up the phone and said, “Huh.” When someone offers you that gift, you don’t look away, especially when you’re in the hospital and people are wondering if you’re going to live.

VINCENT STEWART: On my visit, I sat with Coach Paterno, and the first and only thing he talked about was school. I talked to a lot of other coaches, they talked about playing time and all that, but none of them really talked about school. I knew something was different when Coach Paterno looked me in the eye and said, “Just give me all you can. I don’t care if you come here and don’t play, you’re going to graduate.” I had four other recruiting trips scheduled, and I cancelled all of them.
This is the man John Surma plotted to destroy?

Aaron Young looked good in Coatesville's scrimmage against Easton Saturday.

I know Young is disappointed that PSU took too long to offer. Does he really want to sentence himself to playing for Rutgers in the bottom of the Big Ten East for his 4 years in college? With as tough as the B1G East is, they have virtually no shot at relevance.

200.gif

I know Young is disappointed that PSU took too long to offer. Does he really want to sentence himself to playing for Rutgers in the bottom of the Big Ten East for his 4 years in college? With as tough as the B1G East is, they have virtually no shot at relevance.

200.gif
Maybe the way he's looking at it is would he rather start at Rutgers of be 3rd or 4th team at PSU?

Sometimes you get into the race too late and some recruits won't let that go. It seems like most can brush it off, but some cannot. Remember how late we were flipping some kids like Givens or Blacknall....Young's offer wasn't even that late, but he seems hurt by it.

Would you rather have Young now or keep Cain in play? I don't think PSU needs to take another RB right now.

CJF settting it up to take the first of the two to commit and that's it for the RB position?

If Cain had committed somewhere Young would already be in the PSU or Rutgers class. I could see a scenario where Cain comes to PSU and Young is brought into the class as a DB, but Cain is elite. He is the kind of recruit a spot is held for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT