ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

With Sanders (Jr), Brown (rFr), Slade (tFR), Holmes (So) and Ford (HS) in the fold, I wouldn't mind if we held off for next year's crop. Keep in mind the new transfer rules go into effect in October. The staff can always tap into the new "free agent" database and add RB depth, if necessary.

Reactions: Sullivan
With Sanders (Jr), Brown (rFr), Slade (tFR), Holmes (So) and Ford (HS) in the fold, I wouldn't mind if we held off for next year's crop. Keep in mind the new transfer rules go into effect in October. The staff can always tap into the new "free agent" database and add RB depth, if necessary.

Is Holmes eligible to play this year?

Young is very good and worth the scholarship this year, IMO. I’d take Young and wait on Marshawn Lloyd, a back much like Cain (IIRC), next year. Lloyd is a PSU lean at this point.

Last edited:
MarShawn Lloyd
images

Reactions: ELDADDY

Chris Tyree is another 2020 top back (247 Composite #25 overall) that has PSU right at the top of his list. He was at the 2017 Whiteout and the Lasch Bash this summer. We definitely want him and/or Lloyd.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
Anybody have an opinion on Brown? He's Cain's height, but a little lighter. His film looked good, but I don't know if he's on Cain's level. Just curious what others thought. Seems like he's interested, although I don't know where he's at on our board, I was surprised to see we made his top 2!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Do you experts out there think that there is an increase in chatter regarding Cross because Miner was forced to retire, Cine may be slipping away, or some other reason? No matter the reason, great to see PSU involved with top talents.

After watching how quickly. James and his staff has straighted things out. After being left for dead. Only a short time ago. I will never ever count Mr. Franklin out. PSU football might not be yet back to that 800 pound gorilla. But i would bet it’s at 600 pounds and still eating. The recruits that we never hear anything about. Then boom a sudden visit. And we went from longshot low interest. To high interest serious threat. This is just amazing to sit back and watch.

Embed Player
8266243.jpg

DERRIANBROWN
  • RB
  • 5-10
  • CLASS OF 19
BUFORD, GA(BUFORD)
— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —
0.9127?
  • TEX75%
  • AUB25%
8 PredictionsEmbedShow PredictionTimeline
MUST WATCH HIGHLIGHT
College List
  • 30 OFFERS
  • 0 VISITS
  • 0 COACH VISITS

Reactions: Alphabets
Sometimes you get into the race too late and some recruits won't let that go. It seems like most can brush it off, but some cannot. Remember how late we were flipping some kids like Givens or Blacknall....Young's offer wasn't even that late, but he seems hurt by it.

reminiscent of Khaleke Hudson as well...even though in that case Penn State was always "in the race"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT