ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Oh i’m sure pennlive or someone will rip off 247 or the Rivals and throw it out there for free.

I don’t know how it’s ripping off. It’s just information. I paid for the FOS site for years, but that really just for the ability to not have to deal with other program’s fans. I never really thought of the information to be privileged in any way.

Reactions: TheGLOV
How long does "premium" information remain "premium"? 10 minutes? 23 minutes? If the players' friends or families reveals anything publicly, does the info no longer remain "premium"? Are those friends guilty of illegally revealing "premium" information? Are they stealing? What about language differences? Does "premium" information remain "premium" longer if it's in French or Lithuanian?

These are questions that should be answered.

Reactions: dbaguy
Does anyone want to offer a "sleeper" pick that is currently below the radar but might be a PSU commit. Harrison doesn't count. Maybe a Seider "surprise" ??? TIA
Pecking order looks pretty set at QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, and the secondary but my “sleeper” is the OL out of WV, Wright. He has interest and the commits were recruiting him a few weeks ago at the Elite Camp. Have to get him on campus, though. If not him, maybe Andre White.

Reactions: eidolon21
How long does "premium" information remain "premium"? 10 minutes? 23 minutes? If the players' friends or families reveals anything publicly, does the info no longer remain "premium"? Are those friends guilty of illegally revealing "premium" information? Are they stealing? What about language differences? Does "premium" information remain "premium" longer if it's in French or Lithuanian?

These are questions that should be answered.
A lot of people don't realize it, but premium means first access to information, and it is undefined how long that period of time is before it is generally known. I'm not sure why some people think that information should be exclusive until whatever event happens, that simply isn't how the world works.
And then there is the weeding out of other teams' fans, although there still needs to be pruning of fans from your own fanbase.

A lot of people don't realize it, but premium means first access to information, and it is undefined how long that period of time is before it is generally known. I'm not sure why some people think that information should be exclusive until whatever event happens, that simply isn't how the world works.
And then there is the weeding out of other teams' fans, although there still needs to be pruning of fans from your own fanbase.
Maybe it should like journalistic principles. You give credit to the person/organization who broke the story or was first to report the info. For example, as reported by Ryan Snyder of Rivals.... As for the different sites, they can keep it premium for as long as they like, but they know the info. is going to be in the public domain before long.

It is a more of an issue for a business model and that is why on-line sites have a difficult time making money. Hardly anyone subscribes to newspapers or watch tv (more and more cutting the cord or watching Neflix or watching later), but large numbers stream or get the info. online in different ways. Just like Facebook, which was on to something initially, but it took a while to figure out the business model, all these newspaper, tv, and online sites are going through similar processes. How many people visit this site b/c it is free and don't subscribe to the pay site? If this board was shut down, another would pop up.

Last edited:
Is there a chance that Harrison visits during the Lasch Bash? I think Michigan has their BBQ at the Big House the same weekend, right?

Is there a chance that Harrison visits during the Lasch Bash? I think Michigan has their BBQ at the Big House the same weekend, right?
My reliable source told me he is done taking visits. But, he's 17/18 and could change his mind. Source also said there is a very good relationship between Mom Harrison and CJF. TIFWIW.

OL

Iirc, groups like Rivals and 247 have their own general rules on how they deal with premium articles and quoted premium info that is reposted on their free boards. Premium info is often removed by the mods.

Mods especially tend to remove premium info that came from their competitors’ websites. May be copyrights involved as well. So mods and laws tend to dictate the situation.

Fans who are supportive of the recruiting sites’ system tend to comply with their requests. Who knows, repeat violators may also be subject to being banned from site access privileges that could be temporary or for longer periods.

Their premium sites are important to the recruiting groups and to the fans, because the premium payments help to fund the sites and their staffs. They help to fund the star ratings that recruitnics like to discuss. They provide player profile info and fun discussion items like team rankings and the CBs we like to follow. Many of those are free access. Those who like that free info likely respect the premium sites that are making that free info possible.

As such, even non-premium fans generally also have an interest in helping to protect premium content. Premium members are helping to fund some very useful recruiting resources that are interesting for all recruiting fans all year long.

Your mileage may vary.

Some settling may occur
during shipping and handling.

Regards...​

Last edited:
Iirc, groups like Rivals and 247 have their own general rules on how they deal with premium articles and quoted premium info that is reposted on their free boards. Premium info is often removed by the mods.

Mods especially tend to remove premium info from their competitors’ websites. May be copyrights involved as well. So mods and laws tend to dictate the situation.

Fans who are supportive of the recruiting sites’ system tend to comply with their requests. Who knows, repeat violators may also be subject to being banned from site access privileges that could be temporary or for longer periods.

Their premium sites are important to the recruiting groups and to the fans, because the premium payments help to fund the sites and their staffs. They help to fund the star ratings that recruitnics like to discuss. They provide player profile info and fun discussion items like team rankings and the CBs we like to follow. Many of those are free access. Those who like that free info likely respect the premium sites that are making that free info possible.

As such, even non-premium fans generally also have an interest in helping to protect premium content. Premium members are helping to fund some very useful recruiting resources that are interesting for all recruiting fans all year long.

Your mileage may vary.

Some settling may occur
during shipping and handling.

Regards...​

You can get all the indication you want {trending} etc. by just surfing the net and connecting the dots.

And, it can be done, relatively easy and without breaking any rules.

Reactions: canuckhal
You can get all the indication you want {trending} etc. by just surfing the net and connecting the dots.

And, it can be done, relatively easy and without breaking any rules.

There is some good info available now for sure TheGLOV.

Those who like access to that info are likely to want to protect the premium systems that help to keep those sites going.

Was it Land of Ten or some such who just folded? They had some good people, with entertaining and informative content. But their business model didn’t generate enough revenue and they’ve closed the doors. No more access to their articles.

Hoping the premium sites and their staffs have good business models, that generate enough revenue to keep their operations going.

Saleem Worley announces on Monday.

As far as premium info goes, for those who want it, open up your wallets and pay for it. For those who pay for it, protect it.

Wormley is a 247 composite 4 star OG with offers from PSU, FSU, ND, TN, etc......

He's listed as 6'3", but pretty sure JF is 6'2" and he seems > 1" taller.

saleem-wormley_xmhubn.jpg

There is some good info available now for sure TheGLOV.

Those who like access to that info are likely to want to protect the premium systems that help to keep those sites going.

Was it Land of Ten or some such who just folded? They had some good people, with entertaining and informative content. But their business model didn’t generate enough revenue and they’ve closed the doors. No more access to their articles.

Hoping the premium sites and their staffs have good business models, that generate enough revenue to keep their operations going.

Indeed sir.

I agree.

Reactions: T J
I don’t know how it’s ripping off. It’s just information. I paid for the FOS site for years, but that really just for the ability to not have to deal with other program’s fans. I never really thought of the information to be privileged in any way.
Really as both sides have the lists it there already. Someone will spill it but those guys work for that info and to be trusted. I respect that and them for it. That is why I choose not to hand out that info. Someone will post a free list, but I like watching @TheGLOV fish for it.:)

Reactions: furfoot and TheGLOV
Really as both sides have the lists it there already. Someone will spill it but those guys work for that info and to be trusted. I respect that and them for it. That is why I choose not to hand out that info. Someone will post a free list, but I like watching @TheGLOV fish for it.:)

Ok, I will now tell this very board that it is LaJolla who has provided me PREMIUM info for so many years now.

Beers at my place LaJolla?

:)

I get where you are coming from. But those sites don’t have any sort of contract obligating people to keep it a super secret or anything. I didn’t really share the information when I was a paying member either, but I never really had a problem when others did. I was paying primarily the relative tranquility of the environment rather than the exclusiveness of the information.
Like you, I do appreciate the work they put in to gather their information.

I get where you are coming from. But those sites don’t have any sort of contract obligating people to keep it a super secret or anything. I didn’t really share the information when I was a paying member either, but I never really had a problem when others did. I was paying primarily the relative tranquility of the environment rather than the exclusiveness of the information.
Like you, I do appreciate the work they put in to gather their information.

Connor, I never fish for any info sir.

LaJolla is such lush, after 3 beers you can't shut him up!

You always have to put up with the stories about his childhood growing up and then he starts giving up the juicy premium recruiting info. He even has inside sources!!

But again, he just keeps babbling along all night!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT