ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

I think he is referring to the medical diagnosis that caused him to retire

yes.

And the 'repair' is to 'retire' from playing football.

All of us here, and those who follow PSU football, want to see this fine young man go on and lead & contribute to a happy healthy lifestyle.

My apologies for any derailment of Judge's contribution.

Are you laughing at someone not knowing some information? Isn't that what you rage about when it happens to you?
Wrong, bud. You insulted me because I didn’t know that the word ‘edit’ had been co-opted by the twit world and redefined. LionJim was befuddled in the same way as I was. If I recall correctly, his response was “Edit?” You chose not to insult him for his perceived (by you) ignorance, however. That has nothing to do with not having information that had been posted weeks ago, like a player with a very unfortunate heart condition having to give up the game.

You often have a quick, defensive, uninformed, accusatory attitude in posts unrelated to recruiting.

This is why you’re an asshat whose only redemption is your obsession with recruiting news and the sharing of it. That is your identity here. Otherwise, you can KMA.

Last edited:

As we head into the college football season and the slower period for college football recruiting, I thought I’d start a series ranking the best teams at each position for the 2019 class. Instead of just doing quarterbacks, since most schools take just one, I’ll start with quarterbacks and running backs. Here are the best offensive backfields so far …

1. Alabama Quarterback

Taulia Tagovailoa
has a cannon of an arm and
Paul Tyson
is no slouch at all, either, while running back
Keilan Robinson
is a home run hitter and great change-of-pace back.

2. Penn State Dual-threat

Ta’Quan Roberson
can beat you with his arm and his feet, and five-star
Devyn Ford
could be the Big Ten’s next superstar running back.

1. MOST OVERRATED COACHES

mqbgrixlqbrpgmnfm4hq

Jim Harbaugh
AP Images
On Tuesday, I listed my most underrated coaches in Power Five conferences and I found that to be quite easy. I have to follow that up, of course, with the most overrated coaches in Power Five conferences, because that’s only fair. This wasn’t as easy, but here’s my best shot …

1. Jim Harbaugh, Michigan Harbaugh is the clear winner here. In fact, in an anonymous CBS Sports poll of college coaches asking who the most overrated was, Harbaugh was the clear No. 1 among his peers. Records of 28-11 and 18-8 in conference aren't bad at all in the Big Ten, but he hasn’t finished higher than third in his own division and he makes a boatload of money. I’m as guilty as anyone for overrating him, as I had him as the fifth-best coach in the country heading into last year. But I’m starting to scratch my head a bit.

tenor.gif

Here's a thought: If Smith, Luketa, and Parson's are the best 3 LBs in 2020 any chance Dixon could make the field faster at S? Then develop into an OLB when Parson's leaves.

Is there a list of the recruits/commits expected at the Lasch Bash? Bell is a nice addition, as I'm sure as near or at the top of the WR big board for PSU.
behind a $$ wall. I am building my own list as things come out from non $$ sources. You can bet the real list is much better than what I have so far.

2019:
Brenton Strange 3* TE
Anthony Whigan 4* OT
Jared Harrison-Hunte 3* DT
David Bell 4* WR

2020:
Chris Tyree 5* RB
Jaden Dottin 4* WR
Joshua Moten 4* CB
Michael Carmody 4* OT
Justin Barron 3* S

Here's a thought: If Smith, Luketa, and Parson's are the best 3 LBs in 2020 any chance Dixon could make the field faster at S? Then develop into an OLB when Parson's leaves.
I think with his lack of experience at linebacker, the best option for him is to get as many reps at linebacker as he can get, even if it’s only in practice.

From last week on Zach Harrison:

And are we completely overlooking Penn State in this one? The general thought was that the Nittany Lions had been the No. 2 team for some time. Harrison's recent visit to Michigan and subsequent comments at The Opening have brought the Wolverines to the forefront, but James Franklin may be the head coach with the best relationship here.

As Harrison's recruitment appears to be winding down, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of comments from the five-star. That's pretty much been par for the course, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise at all. Harrison's birthday is Aug. 14 and that's long been rumored as potential commitment date, albeit not set in stone by any means.

Is there a chance things get pushed back a little bit? That certainly seems possible for a kid who genuinely seems a bit torn at the moment. However, it may also be unlikely for someone who doesn't seem too fond of this whole process.

Right now there are no other visits planned, but you can bet Michigan will be trying to get him back in town for the July 28 "Barbecue at the Big House." We'll all be in wait-and-see mode for the rest of the month and potentially through part of August.

Harrison is a kid who may not even plan some big ceremonious event for his commitment. It would hardly be a surprise if he just showed up at a school one morning and made his intentions known with very little fanfare.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...d-about-five-star-defensive-end-zach-harrison

Dixon is going to play Sam, the hybrid safety/lb spot. Luketa, Smith, and Parson's are all too big to play out there.
Under.PNG

Penn State plays a ton of people on defense. If you have talented reserves, you may see a split of 60/40 with the 2nd string. All of the linebackers will get on the field if they can play.

Dixon is going to play Sam, the hybrid safety/lb spot. Luketa, Smith, and Parson's are all too big to play out there.
Under.PNG

Penn State plays a ton of people on defense. If you have talented reserves, you may see a split of 60/40 with the 2nd string. All of the linebackers will get on the field if they can play.
I figured that was the logical answer, but right now he's only 201. He's sure to grow. Smith too big for SAM though? Not sure his first or second year if that will be true. He's so athletic in pads.

I figured that was the logical answer, but right now he's only 201. He's sure to grow. Smith too big for SAM though? Not sure his first or second year if that will be true. He's so athletic in pads.

They list Smith at 6-4, 228 before he's started his senior year of high school. They generally have those Mike and Will guys around 235 and it's not going to be easy to keep him around there.

Reactions: tomkaren
Whom ever at Rivals has Lance Dixon rated as a 3 Star, and at the bottom of our class should be laughed out of this "industry." Dude is a big time athlete who will be very difficult to keep off the field once he adds a bit of weight. The kid dominates every camp he attends.

As for those debating final class ranking I would suggest going by The 247 Composite as it provides a far broader picture than Rivals alone. I would also not fixate on final class ranking, as because of a lower projected class size of 20-21 depending on what +1 talent may be available, we have zero shot at a top 5 class and based on realistic prospects remaining it likely makes top 10 nearly impossible as well.

More realistic would be a finish inside the top 15 which IMO would be damn good based on class size. IIRC in 2018 only two schools with less commits than our projected class size of 20 finished with higher overall class rankings. Without looking I believe those schools were Alabama and USC. Not bad company to keep. This class will still post a high average * rating and that IMO may be an overall better metric to judge class strength.

Big picture? When you sandwich this class between a top 5 finish in 18, and a potential top 10 finish in 2020 a well, we will finally have the type of roster built to break through the last barrier to elite status. This of course is making the playoff/winning the CFP. It's been a long time for us, but the goal is once again well within our reach.

Last edited:
Whom ever at Rivals has Lance Dixon rated as a 3 Star, and at the bottom of our class should be laughed out of this "industry." Dude is a big time athlete who will be very difficult to keep off the field once he adds a bit of weight. The kid dominates every camp he attends.

As for those debating final class ranking I would suggest going by The 247 Composite as it provides a far broader picture than Rivals alone. I would also not fixate on final class ranking, as because of a lower class size of 20-21 depending on what +1 talent may be available, we have zero shot at a top 5 class and based on realistic prospects remaining likely make top 10 nearly impossible as well.

More realistically would be a finish inside the top 15 which would be damn good based on class size. IIRC only two schools with less than our projected class size of 20 finished with higher overall class rankings. Once again IIRC correctly those schools were Alabama and USC. Not bad company to keep. This class will still post a high average * rating that IMO may be an overall better metric to judge class strength.
Big thing is, when combined with the classes before and after, does it load you up at every position with blue chip players and the answer is yes. PSU is in for a heck of a run, and to think I’m saying that after back to back New Year’s Day six bowls and a big ten title

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT