ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Excuse my speculation but I don’t understand how I was supposed to know that by taking the tweet at face value
He’s trying to help you out, pointing out it should be in the 2020 thread. My guess is Bresee, because Fleming wouldn’t be surprising enough to make a separate tweet from already posted list.

EDIT: Bresee is gonna be in Oklahoma. Not him.

EDIT EDIT: other thread says Bresee tweet for him to OU was from Friday not Saturday

Last edited:
No guarantees that history repeats itself, but Harrison was at last year’s Lasch Bash. So perhaps he and his parents would like to visit this year.

July 15, 2017: Unofficial Visit

Zach Harrison unofficially visits Penn State Nittany Lions for Lasch Bash

I’ve been hoping it would be so but doesn’t seem like it’ll happen. I have no idea what’s going to happen with Harrison but I think everyone outside of this board would be floored if he chose Penn State at this point

Does he get a commit able offer from PSU since prospects of Cine appear to be fading?
Nope. His actions seem to set him apart from the guys we have taken.

This guy silently verbaled to us and to UVA at the same time, then wanted to commit to Clemson and wasn’t permitted. Then he surprisingly commits to VT. Now he decommits with no officials left, I believe.

He has Pitt written all over him.

PSU was going to take him as a Safety but he wanted to play corner. Same with Clemson. Not sure if there is room for him now but he’s a good football player.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Cam'ron Kelly decommits?

JUN 7
5_7829562.png

COMMIT
Cam'Ron Kelly commits to Virginia Tech Hokies.

JUL 21
5_7829562.png

DECOM

Cam'Ron Kelly decommits from Virginia Tech Hokies

7639056.jpg

CAM'RON KELLY
4-Star ****

• ATH
  • 6-1
  • CLASS OF 19
CHESAPEAKE, VA(OSCAR SMITH)

— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —

NATL. RANK.

ATH RANK.

VA RANK.

JUN 7
5_7829562.png

COMMIT
Cam'Ron Kelly commits to Virginia Tech Hokies.

JUL 21
5_7829562.png

DECOM

Cam'Ron Kelly decommits from Virginia Tech Hokies

7639056.jpg

CAM'RON KELLY
4-Star ****

• ATH
  • 6-1
  • CLASS OF 19
CHESAPEAKE, VA(OSCAR SMITH)

— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —

NATL. RANK.

ATH RANK.

VA RANK.

The conscientious on the VA Tech msg board, and most likely true, Kelly used Tech as a safety next-warm bed to jump into. PSU and Clemson passed on him, ND said no and he panicked. Tech wasnt even in his "final 8". His post commitment social media feeds showed no real excitement about heading to Tech. Would assume he has 1-2 new suitors.

Nope. His actions seem to set him apart from the guys we have taken.

This guy silently verbaled to us and to UVA at the same time, then wanted to commit to Clemson and wasn’t permitted. Then he surprisingly commits to VT. Now he decommits with no officials left, I believe.

He has Pitt written all over him.

And THAT won't wash off!

:)

He's what 16-17 years old. It will wash off with maturity. Think back......to your 16-17 yr old days.

They are all that age, though. While it is true that he may eventually mature, it might take longer than 4 years. If everything else is equal, wouldn't you rather have a kid who is already maturing?

If he were a 3-star kid, nobody would be bending over backwards for him.

Am I the only one who has the impression that Micah Parsons may have been a bit presumptuous, at times, during his recruitment?

He's what 16-17 years old. It will wash off with maturity. Think back......to your 16-17 yr old days.

Some, yes.
But would suggest these kids are much, much more pampered than in the simpler time when we were not such a celebrity obsessed culture. Extremely celebrity obsessed.

It is what it is, as is said.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
I was only sure of 3 things at that age...Women were terrific up to a point and Billy Beer + Red White and Blue Beer had to be brewed in the same urinal. The 3rd thing, I was turning down Pitt, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame and Cal in favor of PSU. However, on the last one, I was only sure after changed my mind many times.

Last edited:
Reactions: colt21
Yes, but he never was rumored to have committed to two schools at once, but he did name his dog Brutus....
Coach Franklin knows the entire story. I trust him to determine if this particular young man is a good fit. If he ends up here, I will be welcoming. If not, I hope he rises above any of his youthful indiscretions and becomes a success elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT