ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

LOL, you again with these blind comments. He camped twice for PSU and spent a ton of time with Jo Mo...something tells me they know a bit more here.

Not blind comments at all.

Perhaps you need the classes sir.

Never doubted for a minute that they know more; at times.

I am glad he did choose PSU certainly.

Pay your taxes.

For the record, I am very, very happy he chose PSU.

But, many of you how criticize me, would also criticize Pitt if they landed a QB who only had offers from: Boston College, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest have all offered the 6-foot, 185-pound prospect.

Yes you would.

You can't have it both ways.

Again, I am glad we got this kid. Very, very happy.

Welcome aboard young man.

I love the fact that he knows QB's also recruit other players to come to their school.

Watch his tape, and stop saying that.
Glov is a dope. If he’d take five minutes to watch the kid play, like we did, he wouldn’t have made such a stupid, uninformed remark. Well, maybe he still would have.

He’s probably still commenting on Roberson without having looked at him play.

A 4.71 time in the 40 is categorized as slow.

That's a fact.

I said he may have game speed which is crucial.

Tell that to Marcus Allen, Raider HofFamer....

Speed is over rated versus quickness.....

4.7 is slow for a WR. Somewhat slow for a RB. Not slow for a running QB.....

Reactions: psu2016
Congratulations Ta'Quan
for choosing Penn State.

Welcome Roberson Family
to the Nittany Lion Family.​

=======

Penn State gets their 2019 quarterback in Ta'Quan Roberson

Adam Friedman | Rivals.com

Adam may want to consider that fact that CJF looks to be going after 2 QB's for the 2018 class.....

Reactions: TheGLOV and T J
For the record, I am very, very happy he chose PSU.

But, many of you how criticize me, would also criticize Pitt if they landed a QB who only had offers from: Boston College, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest have all offered the 6-foot, 185-pound prospect.

Yes you would.

You can't have it both ways.

Again, I am glad we got this kid. Very, very happy.

Welcome aboard young man.

I love the fact that he knows QB's also recruit other players to come to their school.
- We're picking and choosing who we want; Pitt isn't.

- The kid is halfway through his junior year. He's just getting started. We got in early. Recall that we were also in early on Fields, who didn't have other high-end offers.

- I'll bet 2/3 of the QBs in the NFL and college football don't run a 4.7. As noted, his speed will improve markedly.

You've some seriously bizarre and stubborn opinions about quarterbacks.

Beat Ohio State this weekend and you just might poach one or two 5* players from other programs. This team is hitting on all cylinders right now and your recruiting classes are lights out.

Adam may want to consider that fact that CJF looks to be going after 2 QB's for the 2018 class.....

Agree. 2 QBs is our plan.

Although the article is focused on Ta'Quan and rightly so, since it is his big day. Glad he is getting prime focus and the Roberson Family will have a good article for their scrapbook.

Hopefully Penn State recruiting will continue to flourish and we will give him another good Dual Threat QB to write home about.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Agree. 2 QBs is our plan.

Although the article is focused on Ta'Quan and rightly so, since it is his big day. Glad he is getting prime focus and the Roberson Family will have a good article for their scrapbook.

Hopefully Penn State recruiting will continue to flourish and we will give him another good Dual Threat QB to write home about.

Kid from down south, Shrader, seems to be #1 QB target for 2nd QB. Robertson surely was told by CJF that PSU will bring in 2 QB's in 2019.

With the potential smaller class for 2019 (I have not heard any real projections so far), and all the DB talent accumulated on the roster (and much of it may look somewhat proven to CJF, such as Wade, CF, and the other 2017 DB's practicing), for example I wonder if Ellis may be the only true CB in the class. Wasn't Hawkins on commit watch - wonder if he has a spot or if he has to now wait for a spot after Ellis committed.

With a smaller class, and the potential for 2 QB's and 2 RB's, there may be smaller numbers than we have seen recently at some other positions.....

Kid from down south, Shrader, seems to be #1 QB target for 2nd QB. Robertson surely was told by CJF that PSU will bring in 2 QB's in 2019.

With the potential smaller class for 2019 (I have not heard any real projections so far), and all the DB talent accumulated on the roster (and much of it may look somewhat proven to CJF, such as Wade, CF, and the other 2017 DB's practicing), for example I wonder if Ellis may be the only true CB in the class. Wasn't Hawkins on commit watch - wonder if he has a spot or if he has to now wait for a spot after Ellis committed.

With a smaller class, and the potential for 2 QB's and 2 RB's, there may be smaller numbers than we have seen recently at some other positions.....

Shrader looks like a great QB. Glad the staff has been in on him early.

It appears we are in pretty good shape and he seems to like the offense and the staff.

Currently there is only one school that is listed as Warm for Garret Shrader and that is Penn State.
We will see.

Currently as Dual-Threat QBs, Roberson is ranked #13 and Shrader is #9. They would be great additions to Franklin's dynamic RPO offense.

- The kid is halfway through his junior year. He's just getting started. We got in early. Recall that we were also in early on Fields, who didn't have other high-end offers.

- I'll bet 2/3 of the QBs in the NFL and college football don't run a 4.7. As noted, his speed will improve markedly. I said that.

Just looking at an alternative point of view.

If Pitt would have gotten a verbal from the #17 dual threat 3-star QB, this board would have roared with laughter.

But, to my credit, I did say I'm glad we got this kid!!

Reactions: hereforthebeer
What is the ceiling on this kid? Looks like a gamer in his vids - and what is the level of competition for his school? I loved his announcement video too.

He plays in one of the best HS conferences in the country. It seems trite, but they got this kid in camp and loved him. Have been all over him pushing for a verbal. I trust the staff here. They want two QBs, and are sitting in a good spot with Shrader who will probably end up a 5 star when it's all said and done. 4.5 40, almost 6'5", hitting 70% on this throws this year.

Keep in mind, Roberson is putting up big numbers in what is one of the best leagues-conferences in the Country. He is having a great junior season and should only get better. As far as his size, no one here knows where he stands with his physical growth-maturation. He could easily be up to 6'2" or 6'3" and running a 4.5 when he enters college.

Friend just sent me a text stating Olentangy Orange DE and Penn State target Zach Harrison has taken over the top spot in the espn top 300.
The 6' 4" and 243# junior is now the #1 recruit in the nation for the class of 2019.

OL

And, he liked the visit he made to the Happiest of Valleys. Can you order ice cream online from the creamery? Wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but heard Zach did.

OL

Been able to for years. Overnight shipping makes it more than a tad expensive, so the kid must really like Creamery ice cream.

Reactions: OhioLion
Keep in mind, Roberson is putting up big numbers in what is one of the best leagues-conferences in the Country. He is having a great junior season and should only get better. As far as his size, no one here knows where he stands with his physical growth-maturation. He could easily be up to 6'2" or 6'3" and running a 4.5 when he enters college.

He plays in one of the best HS conferences in the country. It seems trite, but they got this kid in camp and loved him. Have been all over him pushing for a verbal. I trust the staff here. They want two QBs, and are sitting in a good spot with Shrader who will probably end up a 5 star when it's all said and done. 4.5 40, almost 6'5", hitting 70% on this throws this year.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Eleven Warriors

CATCHING UP
Ohio State offered a scholarship earlier this week to Aliquippa three-star cornerback M.J. Devonshire, who attended last weekend's game against Michigan State.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Devonshire is considered the 42nd-best cornerback and No. 426 prospect overall in the Class of 2019, but was a key component of Quips' 12-0 start this season. He also holds offers from Oregon State, Syracuse, Toledo and West Virginia.

You have to imagine Penn State will follow suit sometime soon, which would certainly make the Nittany Lions the favorites in his recruitment — as is the case for pretty much any kid that plays in the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League. Otherwise, they might miss out on a player whose athleticism some in the Keystone State are comparing to former Buckeyes safety Malik Hooker.

FYI- I will be committing to a school VERY soon...

"FYI - I will be committing to a school VERY soon..."

4_7773326.jpg

ANTONIO ALFANO
  • DT
  • 6-4
  • CLASS OF 19
RAHWAY, NJ(RAHWAY)

— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —

***** 5-Star 0.9858

PSU 67%

RUTG 17%

Last edited:
Reactions: Alphabets

- I'll bet 2/3 of the QBs in the NFL and college football don't run a 4.7. As noted, his speed will improve markedly.

Speed does not change much.

Sounds like he was either a sleeper in high school or so far from having qualifying grades that no one would touch him. The description of his skills as a football player sounds pretty intriguing.

Sounds like he was either a sleeper in high school or so far from having qualifying grades that no one would touch him. The description of his skills as a football player sounds pretty intriguing.

Guessing grades. If he were a "sleeper" he could be coming out of junior college now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT