ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Fairless Hill 4* RB Patrick Garwo will be at the game. #2 player in PA, no offer from PSU yet. Seems to be behind Ford and Houston on the wish list at RB.

Also visiting is legacy 3* TE Hayden Rucci. #6 player in PA. No offer either, but in my opinion he's more likely to end up getting an offer than Garwo.

PSU could get a commitment from 4* OG Caedan Wallace this weekend from NJ, #155 player in the country.

PSU could get a commitment from 4* OG Caedan Wallace this weekend from NJ, #155 player in the country.

He mentioned he has a visit set up in November to another school (Alabama?), so I'd be pleasantly surprised if he pulled the trigger this weekend.

Reactions: bmw199
Wiltfong put in a CB for Devyn Ford and Virginia Tech yesterday - with 2019 appearing to be a smaller class, not sure we'd be able to grab two running backs. Ford is the best of the bunch, and Houston seems like a lock with his PSU connections, so not sure where that would leave Garwo. Maybe that's why we haven't offered yet.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Will Putnam, who goes to the same high school as Judge Culpepper, will be on campus this weekend for the game. Big time OL!

4_4580955.jpg

William Putnam
Tampa, FL (Plant)

Offensive Tackle
4-Star
  • Ht 6-4
  • Wt 280
  • CLASS OF 19
High School

247Sports Composite

Natl Comp 80
Pos OT 9
St FL 13

you have something against the Falcons? and why would that be? the ice cream serving you got at Greenwood Dairies wasn't big enough? ;)
Greenwood was in the heart of Neshaminy's District. No one wearing Falcon gear would dare show up. :D

Greenwood was in the heart of Neshaminy's District. No one wearing Falcon gear would dare show up. :D

was it? it's been so many years since I went to Greenwood Dairies (I think it closed in the '80s) that I couldn't remember which district it was located in. If it was in the Redskins' district, my apologies.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Damn.. if we end up with Putnam, Caedan & Faucheaux as our OL haul! Would be crazy.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Damn.. if we end up with Putnam, Caedan & Faucheaux as our OL haul! Would be crazy.

Each one would be a great addition.
Faucheaux Is being recruited nationally at ssDE.

4_4580955.jpg

William Putnam
Tampa, FL (Plant)

Offensive Tackle
4-Star
  • Ht 6-4
  • Wt 280
  • CLASS OF 19
High School
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp 80
Pos OT 9
St FL 13

=======

4_5094420.jpg

Caedan Wallace
Princeton, NJ (Hun School )

Offensive Guard
4-Star
  • Ht 6-5
  • Wt 315
  • Age 17 yrs 5 mo
  • CLASS OF 19
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp 155

Pos OG 7

=====

4_7674079.jpg

Steven Faucheux
West Chester, OH (Lakota West)

Strong-Side Defensive End
4-Star
  • Ht 6-4
  • Wt 272
  • CLASS OF 19
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp 99

Pos SDE 10
State OH 5

PSU offered Ohio SDE, Noah Potter. He's 6'6, 250.

Word is that Noah can both plant defenders into the ground and also is able to jar the ball loose.

Offers from UNC, NC St., Minny and others. Staff likes this 3 star. He's camped at PSU.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
With Ellis out for a few weeks due to a broken thumb, State College suffered their first loss, 36-21 to Cumberland Valley.

MECHANICSBURG – Cumberland Valley produced a trademark performance on Friday night against visiting State College.

The Eagles kept the chains moving with their strong running game, they controlled the time of possession and they grounded State College’s high-scoring offense to grind out a 36-21 victory.

CV (5-1, 2-1 league) rebounded nicely from last week’s tough loss to league rivalry Central Dauphin. Friday’s win surges the Eagles right back up the Class 6A pecking order.

State College (5-1, 1-1 league) struggled offensively for the first time this season. The Little Lions were averaging 57 points per game entering Friday.

OFFENSIVE STARS: CV quarterback Jared Plessinger threw for a touchdown and ran for two more scores.

Backs Jake Palmer (87 yards) and Galen Witmer (58 yards, TD) led CV’s ground attack. Receiver Charlie Katshir had 115 total yards and a 16-yard rushing TD.

Appears to answer the Phoenix, AZ question.

Note the bio lists him as a WR. A tweet below lists him as a RB and likely the #1 player in AZ for 2019.

Maybe an All-Purpose RB type, who is a great fit for the PSU Offense?

4_7428405.jpg

Jake Smith
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (NOTRE DAME PREPARATORY)

WIDE RECEIVER
Not yet ranked for stars
  • HT 6-1
  • WT 185
  • CLASS OF 19

Last edited:
Good piece on QB prospect Garrett Shrader from Charlotte, NC, and I encourage others to watch the highlights video from the article.

Seems like he would be a really good fit for Moorhead's offense -- he has good size, a quick release, accurate on a variety of routes, and not just mobile -- he really can run for a guy his size (6'4"). Appears to be running a high school version of the RPO offense, and doing it well.

Could be a multi-year QB starter in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT