ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Good piece on QB prospect Garrett Shrader from Charlotte, NC, and I encourage others to watch the highlights video from the article.

Seems like he would be a really good fit for Moorhead's offense -- he has good size, a quick release, accurate on a variety of routes, and not just mobile -- he really can run for a guy his size (6'4"). Appears to be running a high school version of the RPO offense, and doing it well.

Could be a multi-year QB starter in my opinion.
@Judge Smails loves this kid

Reactions: TheGLOV

Interestingly, although Devantae is the top ranked OT for 2019 and he is the top ranked recruit in Michigan, he is currently "Cool" on U of Mich.

Devontae Dobbs is Warm on Mich St and tOSU in the BT and nationally Warm on Bama and Clem.

Perhaps another out of state school like Penn State has an opportunity to make an impression on this stellar talent and move into the Warm column.

Dobbs may well attend the PSU vs Mich St game and maybe the PSU vs tOSU game. Good games for the Nittany Lions to rack up wins and impress the nation's Top OT and #9 overall recruit.

5-Star
Composite #1 Ranked OT
Class of 2019

4_5335315.jpg

THE OPENING FINALS - VAPOR SPEED

Devontae Dobbs

BELLEVILLE, MI (BELLEVILLE)

OFFENSIVE TACKLE
5-Star
  • HT 6-4
  • WT 270
  • CLASS OF 19

Last edited:
Reactions: bmw199

Posting in here as well.

Other 2019s:
Devyn Ford
Joseph Wete
Darrian Dalcourt
Hakeem Beamon (UNC commit)

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Adler
5 CBs to PSU in last 3 days. If Roberson commits, does PSU stop pursuing Shrader?

I've read that PSU is looking at possibly taking 2 QB's in 19. Schrader would be top of this list, but have not read anything regarding his take on being one of two qb's in a class. Fitz still has a CB in for both of them though.

Reactions: T J and Lion8286
Coming off of his visit this past weekend, how could it not be for the good guys???

Penn State Class of 2019 QB target Taquan Roberson is ready to decide; will the Lions land him?

Updated on Oct 25, 2017 at 01:42 PM EDT

taquan-robersonjpg-c9bc8bd341087741.jpg

Taquan Roberson of Wayne, NJ runs a drill during the Penn State camp on July 16, 2017 on the Lasch fields. Joe Hermitt | jhermitt@pennlive.com

Roberson did not reveal how he would decide, but the 6-foot, 185-pound passer who plays at DePaul Catholic is expected to be a Nittany Lion based on the 247Spots' Crystal Ball , which unanimously pegs him to wear the blue and white in college.

"I had a good talk with the coaches," Roberson told Blue-White Illustrated's Ryan Snyder .

"They were just telling me that they loved me and would love me to play in Happy Valley one day."

Penn State is also pursuing Roberson's teammate, four-star athlete Ronnie Hickman, with vigor, but his decision seems far off while the quarterback is ready to announce now.

According to NJ.com, Roberson has thrown for over 1,000 yards through seven games so far this season to go along with 15 total touchdowns.

State College three-star corner Keaton Ellis is the lone current 2019 verbal for PSU, and

the Lions are also heavily recruiting Charlotte, N.C., four-star signal caller Garrett Shrader, who also visited last weekend.

Head coach James Franklin has always aimed to get two quarterbacks in a class since he arrived in 2014, and

so the Lions will continue to recruit both and others as things move forward regardless of what Roberson decides.

https://articles.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/10/penn_state_class_of_2019_qb_ta.amp

Picking up the flag...

7771378.jpg

Looks like the camera was close with a wide angle lens. Look how big Roberson's close had looks as well. Old trick of fishermen. Hold the fish out towards the camera......

Looks like the camera was close with a wide angle lens. Look how big Roberson's close had looks as well. Old trick of fishermen. Hold the fish out towards the camera......

Haha... the old fisherman's trick.

You know what they say...

Big hands...

Big...

....... Gloves.​

He runs a 4.71 in the 40.

He is slow.

However, if he has a different gear for game speed that would be good.

How does Tommy look running the ball?

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/189556/tommy-stevens

Tommy Stevens
6-4, 193 | 40: 4.82 | Class of 2015

Penn State develops players. Barkley didn't start out as a 4.33 guy.

Shrader is going to blow up like Justin Fields did.

Penn State is a unanimous pick to land Roberson in the 247Sports Crystal Ball, which includes my projection. He received an offer from James Franklin on July 16 after attending a team camp, and has delivered an impressive junior season.

Through seven games, Roberson has

completed 68 percent of pass attempts for 1,616 yards and 18 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps.

His success extends to the run game, as he leads DePaul with

340 yards and 4 scores on the ground.

some similarities between Roberson and Trace McSorley,
specifically when it comes to physical stature (both are 6 feet tall),

the ability to evade defensive pressure, and deliver darts on the run.

They both have a knack for producing improvisational plays.

Congratulations Ta'Quan
for choosing Penn State.

Welcome Roberson Family
to the Nittany Lion Family.

=======

Penn State gets their 2019 quarterback in Ta'Quan Roberson

Adam Friedman | Rivals.com

wrcav5zfj7sjqcizospg

Ta'Quan Roberson
Nick Lucero/Rivals.com

Penn State is getting ready for a huge game at Ohio State this weekend and they are loading up with some reinforcements in the form of a quarterback for the future.

Junior quarterback Ta’Quan Roberson out of Wayne (N.J.) De Paul Catholic announced his commitment to the Nittany Lions after visiting for the Michigan game last weekend.

https://n.rivals.com/news/penn-state-gets-their-2019-quarterback-in-ta-quan-roberson

Last edited:
How does Tommy look running the ball?

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/189556/tommy-stevens

Tommy Stevens
6-4, 193 | 40: 4.82 | Class of 2015

Penn State develops players. Barkley didn't start out as a 4.33 guy.

Much faster; which I believe he is.

I never said he couldn't IMPROVE his speed.

I believe Tommy has done that.

He is certainly faster than Trace. Longer gate!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT