ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

It will be interesting to see if the Lions pursue Jalon Jones from St Frances in MD. He was a 2019 QB committ until Nov. to Miss St. and decomitted when Mullen left. Mullen offered him at UF in early Dec.

Quite an offer list so far for Mr. Jones. Bama, UF, UCLA.... Listed at 6'3" tall.

Hope we see him show up at an upcoming junior day.....

He's now Mississippi States top target too...

Not Surprising. I think with Tyree there will be more time to forge new relationships with the new RB coach, whoever that is. Shrader is probably just too comfortable with JoMo, which is what it is.

EDIT: Just looking at it now, the guys who put those in are Miss St. guys. I would wait until Wiltfong or Fitz makes a change before getting worried.

Ishmael Sopsher -- candidate for names team; both first and last name are distinctive

PSU definitely a national recruiting player

Penn State offered 2019 three-star defensive tackle Joshua Harris on Thursday night.

Harris attends Person High School in Roxboro, N.C.., and is unranked by 247Sports. He is the No. 412 prospect nationally and 24th-ranked defensive tackle, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. Harris recently spoke to 247Sports about the spiking interest in his recruitment here.

In addition to the Nittany Lions, Harris holds offers from Georgia and Virginia Tech. In-state schools Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina State and East Carolina are also in the mix. Harris says the Wolf Pack are recruiting him hardest.

7:34 PM - Jan 11, 2018

6_8037507.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Penn State offered 2019 three-star defensive tackle Joshua Harris on Thursday night.

Harris attends Person High School in Roxboro, N.C.., and is unranked by 247Sports. He is the No. 412 prospect nationally and 24th-ranked defensive tackle, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. Harris recently spoke to 247Sports about the spiking interest in his recruitment here.

In addition to the Nittany Lions, Harris holds offers from Georgia and Virginia Tech. In-state schools Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina State and East Carolina are also in the mix. Harris says the Wolf Pack are recruiting him hardest.

7:34 PM - Jan 11, 2018

6_8037507.jpg

Getting in on some of these kids early. Star gazers won't be happy, but this kid projects like what we want at DT in the future.

They haven't redone the rankings since their Junior year ended. As we've seen Franklin is normally out in front of players who inevitably get bumped up.

Yeah, you can't worry about where our initial offers are at all. Look at Garrett Shrader. He's a 247 composite 3 star right now, but he has the potential to turn into a Justin Fields 5 star type by the time they go through the camps. If Franklin targets and offers them this early, you know they can play. If the rankings catch up later, great.

They haven't redone the rankings since their Junior year ended. As we've seen Franklin is normally out in front of players who inevitably get bumped up.

Previously this wasn't the case but I see the tide of recruiting ratings turning a bit towards PSU. Seems now that Franklin is know as a top recruiter and getting so many big time guys that the kids going to PSU are more fairly ranked.

Previously this wasn't the case but I see the tide of recruiting ratings turning a bit towards PSU. Seems now that Franklin is know as a top recruiter and getting so many big time guys that the kids going to PSU are more fairly ranked.
I didn't mean committed guys. I mean guys Franklin targets and offers. While I agree that certain individuals who rank prospects, cough Mike cough, hold ours down, I do not think that extends to targets. I also have seen no evidence of that on other sites.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Yeah, you can't worry about where our initial offers are at all. Look at Garrett Shrader. He's a 247 composite 3 star right now, but he has the potential to turn into a Justin Fields 5 star type by the time they go through the camps. If Franklin targets and offers them this early, you know they can play. If the rankings catch up later, great.
Yep. I’m a big believer in looking at their offer list as opposed to the “star” rating.

Top Ranked CB in 2020 class reclassified to 2019
6_7770292.jpeg

Penn State extended an offer Oct. 11, and hosted Jones less than two weeks later. He attended the Nittany Lions’ 42-13 victory over Michigan, joining a record-setting Beaver Stadium crowd (110,823).

“It was just amazing, from beginning to end, being a part of history with the record,” Jones said afterward.

James Franklin, juggling coaching duties for a crucial conference showdown with his role as host of a monumental recruiting event, made sure to share conversation with the coveted cornerback that evening.

“He told me Penn State is the place to be,” Jones said. “Coach Franklin appreciated me making the visit, and he really wants to see me in that blue and white.”

Though Jones hasn’t yet heard from the Nittany Lions regarding reclassification, it’s something he previously discussed with defensive recruiting coordinator/cornerbacks coach Terry Smith.

“I talked to Coach Smith about it already and he told me he was all for it,” Jones said. “I plan to get to Penn State also soon.”

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Hey honest question and not looking for a fight...what does your 2019 TE recruiting look like? It there a top of the board target?

He could only report on the program if the kid is 'IN' our program; hence no offer. And we got two great ones in 2018. We actually do not have a need for him.

That's kind of how I see it as well. CJF has so far not carried 6 scholarship TE's. Carried 4 this year. Should have 5 for 2018 with all potentially coming back for 2019. A TE in the 2019 class would be a luxury and would likely have to be a very special player. Hence the very limited offers.....

Bump! How come there isnt any 2019 crootin' news? Anyone got anything?

TIA!

Just coming off a dead period so the final push for 2018 is occurring. Junior day will push the 2019 stuff in motion in the next few weeks as they start lining up visits there.

Aah correct! Completely forgot about the dead period. Mann i hate offseason!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT