ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

RB depth? heck, some people think OSU gets all 3 of Parsons, Oweh, and Smith at DE ... and then is 1st in line for the 5-star 2019 OH DE.

Is the depth chart only an issue when it comes to signing with Penn State?

PS: I am not saying that OSU actually will get all 3 DEs.

Was going to say the same thing. Him and Mike Farrell absolutely despise of PSU.
Was wondering if I was the only one who noticed Friedman trying to turn the RB depth at PSU into a negative.

Yeah, not to sidetrack too much, but this was sweet from the other day.
https://bwi.rivals.com/news/the-best-of-the-best-college-football-s-5-best-players

The best of the best: College football's 5 best players
Mike Farrell | Rivals.com

He named Saquon #1 overall, and had this to say about Saquon's prospect ratings:

Farrell’s take: Barkley was an upright slasher who showed good receiving skills out of high school, so it's not a huge surprise he's made a big impact early his first two years. But to this level? That’s a bit of a surprise as he’s become a dominant Big Ten back and has jumped all the way to my No. 1 spot. His lower body strength and power to run through some arm tackles has improved greatly. A very athletic kid, Barkley was a guy who pushed for Rivals100 status but is showing us he should have been ranked higher, much higher.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

4_5333719.jpg

John Metchie
Hagerstown, MD (St. James School)

Wide Receiver, Cornerback
3-Star
  • Ht 6-1
  • Wt 185
  • 40 4.55
  • V 30.00
  • CLASS OF 19
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp840Pos WR114

Reactions: TheGLOV
Listen to this interview. Friedman asks about all his top 5 schools, brings up Penn State's depth chart as a negative. Only negative statement he made for any of the schools. What's Ohio State's running back depth chart look like with Dobbins set to start for 3 years? These f'g guys.

Yea, Ohio State has great running back tradition (And has a stable of backs in the fold) but not a problem BUT PSU has blah, blah, and blah and it is a negative! F'him!!

And Tom told us and me last year that he is fair and balanced toward us?? Grrrr!

Hagerstown, Md., Saint Joh's three-star Class of 2019 receiver John Metchie (confirmed by BWI) will be in town. PSU offered after a July camp, and it appears to be the early front runner for the 6-foot-1, 185-pound prospect.

"I'm hoping to see the crazy football atmosphere on this trip," Metchie said, an obvious nod to his previous offseason trip.

Speaking of that outlet, it reported that four-star West Chester, Ohio defensive end Steven Fauchex will be in town for the game. It's his first visit since June, and while Ohio State is a heavy favorite, the 6-foot-5, 272-pound top-100 Class of 2019 talent nationally has offers from all over and will likely take his time before deciding.

Speaking of that outlet, it reported that four-star West Chester, Ohio defensive end Steven Fauchex will be in town for the game. It's his first visit since June, and while Ohio State is a heavy favorite, the 6-foot-5, 272-pound top-100 Class of 2019 talent nationally has offers from all over and will likely take his time before deciding.

Wiltfong said in his podcast that he thinks Penn State leads for Fauchex. Third visit to PSU in last couple of months.

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state...julian-fleming-devyn-ford-will-visit-saturday

5-star DT Antonio Alfano will return to campus for Georgia State game

Franklin said Wednesday his staff is now investing about “60 to 70 percent” of recruiting efforts toward cycles beyond 2018. Penn State secured its first 2019 commitment Saturday when local cornerback Keaton Ellis pledged after watching the Nittany Lions defeat Pitt.

Ellis will now attempt to help Penn State build momentum with other high school juniors as the season progresses. Remember, blue-chip 2018 prospects such as Pat Freiermuth, Zack Kuntz and Justin Shorter each pledged to the Nittany Lions by the end of their junior campaigns.

Antonio Alfano, a 5-star defensive tackle from Rahway, N.J., reached out Wednesday afternoon to inform me he will be on campus this weekend. A longtime Penn State target, he earned an offer from the Nittany Lions in June 2016.

This will be his third game day visit to Penn State, and this summer he explained the program will “definitely” be on a list of top schools he creates after the 2017 season.

“Love the campus, downtown, football facilities, coaches and history,” Alfano said. “Oh, and the creamery, of course.”

The 6-5, 280-pound prospect carries more than 20 offers, including Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and Tennessee. He is listed No. 23 overall in 247Sports 2019 composite rankings.

Alfano said he wants to prove himself as the No. 1 recruit in the 2019 class, though this mission must wait. He will sit out the first four games of his junior season due to New Jersey transfer rules following his move from Bergen Catholic to Rahway, according to Jeremy Schneider of NJ.com.

Wiltfong CB'd Ohio DL Steven Faucheux to PSU

Commit, Keaton Ellis of State College High, scored three TDs against Mechanicsburg. Two were a result of pass receptions. One was a punt return. State won 62-25.

Ellis also had three TDs last week.

Back in State College, Lions247 editor Sean Fitz confirmed that four-star Princeton, N.J., guard Caedan Wallace will visit PSU for an unofficial visit next weekend, so that's something to look forward to as he's one of the Nittany Lions' top targets in the Class of 2019.

Reactions: bmw199
Steven Faucheux is going to check out many schools this fall and throughout his recruitment.

Penn State is one of them, and it's also a program he can put into the visited and enjoyed group as he begins to sort schools in a quest to make a decision that will likely not come anytime soon.

The Class of 2019 top-100 talent and four-star defensive lineman from West Chester, Ohio was on campus for an unofficial visit to see the Lions down Georgia State a few weeks back.

That contest started at 7:30 p.m., which allowed him to play in his team's Friday night win before trekking across Ohio and then the Keystone State to see the Lions do the same, and he left blown away by the experience.

"The atmosphere is unlike anything I've seen with my own eyes," Fauheux told PennLive. "The fan loyalty and direct interest from them in the University, and and especially the football program, is amazing.

"I also could tell I was watching a team that genuinely care for each other like one big family."

Fifteen schools have offered the 6-foot-5, 272-pound talent, who is the No. 10 defensive end in his class according to 247Sports, and one of that outlet's two Crystal Ball picks has been logged for the Lions, while the other rests with Ohio State, and it has also offered.

Faucheux said he plans to see Notre Dame and Tennessee this year, as well, and would like to get out and see some other schools if he can swing it and his team captain responsibilities for his high school team.

Expect the end to pop back up at Penn State from time to time, too, as a lengthy recruiting process gets under way.

Fifteen schools have offered the 6-foot-5, 272-pound talent, who is the No. 10 defensive end in his class according to 247Sports, and one of that outlet's two Crystal Ball picks has been logged for the Lions, while the other rests with Ohio State, and it has also offered.

I don't believe Ohio State has offered (yet).
If they do, wonder what his interest is in the home state Buckeyes.

ADVERTISEMENT