ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Phillies thread

The Lerners gave him a good offer, ten years, $300M. I'm not really up to speed on the nitty-gritty, but the fact that a lot of the money was deferred was a factor.
So they weren’t really going to pay him. They tried, with the total, to make it look good, knowing he would turn it down.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
So they weren’t really going to pay him. They tried, with the total, to make it look good, knowing he would turn it down.
Not really. In the Post this morning there was an article saying that Bryce was just about ready to re-sign with Washington. Google "How Bryce Harper went from "I'm going to be a National" to "We're going to Philly.""

Not really. In the Post this morning there was an article saying that Bryce was just about ready to re-sign with Washington. Google "How Bryce Harper went from "I'm going to be a National" to "We're going to Philly.""

There is a lot of stories going around now that many are claiming as bunk on what the Nats owners offered and when they offered. People think Boras is behind it.

There is a lot of stories going around now that many are claiming as bunk on what the Nats owners offered and when they offered. People think Boras is behind it.
I wouldn't put it past Scott Boras. I didn't (and won't) read the Post article myself (I figure it would be too damn depressing), but, no, I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct. Whatever. It's done. I never cry over spilt milk.

Reactions: bwifan
The Nats did some gymnastics with their offers. The Phils were more straightforward in years and money. The hometown discount is gone. It sucks. I remember when Reggie White walked because Norman Braman went cheap.

The Nats did some gymnastics with their offers. The Phils were more straightforward in years and money. The hometown discount is gone. It sucks. I remember when Reggie White walked because Norman Braman went cheap.

The worst and best days as a Eagle fan. Worst when that cheap azz Norman Braman let Reggie walk. Best day was when Braman sold the team. Living here in south florida Braman has a bunch of auto dealerships and I see him interviewed every now and then. He says it still eats him alive and was the worst business deal he made in selling the Eagles team. What he sold the team for and what it's worth now is wild. So it always puts a smile on my face knowing Eagle's fans got the last laugh on that jerk (yes I know he sold the team for a ton of money). You can see it on him it still really bothers him knowing he sold it for $185 million and today the Eagles are valued at almost $3 billion.

The worst and best days as a Eagle fan. Worst when that cheap azz Norman Braman let Reggie walk. Best day was when Braman sold the team. Living here in south florida Braman has a bunch of auto dealerships and I see him interviewed every now and then. He says it still eats him alive and was the worst business deal he made in selling the Eagles team. What he sold the team for and what it's worth now is wild. So it always puts a smile on my face knowing Eagle's fans got the last laugh on that jerk (yes I know he sold the team for a ton of money). You can see it on him it still really bothers him knowing he sold it for $185 million and today the Eagles are valued at almost $3 billion.
Reggie leaving really hurt. That iconic team evaporated in what seemed like an instant after Jerome died.

I’m having a harder time with the concept of Bryce in Philly than I anticipated. It sucks, that feeling, that realization.

I know it sucks but look at the flip side. You got Corbin and you get to keep Rendon plus. If the choice was Harper or Corbin and Rendon plus, what would you say,

I know it sucks but look at the flip side. You got Corbin and you get to keep Rendon plus. If the choice was Harper or Corbin and Rendon plus, what would you say,

I don’t get what the Nats were thinking with Corbin. Why overpay for a 29 year old pitcher coming off a career year? I was furious when the Phils were considering offering him a long term deal. The longer that deal goes the worse the Nats are going to look, because I am not certain Corbin is even an above average pitcher based on his career numbers. When he regresses to the mean it could be really ugly.

I don’t get what the Nats were thinking with Corbin. Why overpay for a 29 year old pitcher coming off a career year? I was furious when the Phils were considering offering him a long term deal. The longer that deal goes the worse the Nats are going to look, because I am not certain Corbin is even an above average pitcher based on his career numbers. When he regresses to the mean it could be really ugly.

I’ve heard opinions all over the map on him but he does produce the coveted swings and misses that so many geeks go crazy over. Plus he has a dominant pitch that many point to. It wouldn’t surprise me either way it goes to be honest. Same with Keuchel, when he was fishing for a mega deal. Any pitcher concerns me to be honest

31 pages and they've only played 3 games!

giphy.gif

Sorry @LionJim, I know that had to sting a bit tonight. I have watched a lot of sports for a long time in Philly and I can’t say I’ve ever seen this reaction so quickly to a new player. You can say it’s simply the highlight film start but I think it’s beyond that. These types normally don’t pick Philly. To me, it’s almost like Philly is trying to show that this can be what happens when a superstar picks Philly.

Reactions: bmw199
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT